Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Doesn’t grid trump plug point? Wouldn’t Ather user be able to just use grid, and that would stop charging of the other 2W EV on plug?

2 Likes

In that case, charging money to non Ather users or not is irrelevant. Ideally both should work simultaneously but at minimum, the grid fast charger should have priority and always work otherwise what’s the point of grid fc.

Priority should be given to grid… once the grid port is lifted, 5amps socket should cut off

1 Like

Just a quick question

Never got to try the grid 2.0 ! Does the Ather grid 2.0 has the plug socket ? If yes where ?

2 Likes

It’s the new big white charging mounts. There’s one outside the Indiranagar Space, which was probably also the first 2.0 grid to have been set up.

The plug socket is on the left hand side, on the front of where the Ather charging cable is attached to the mount.

5 Likes

Most Epic one i have come across

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbiiKl5jFCJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes

Difference between Ola and Ather Service Dad dropped the Ather 450 a few months back and I was on the service pro plan which costed (₹1300) and the service was done within days at my doorstep at a cost of ₹472 for the parts.

I also had a regular service during the same time period and that costed nothing and the break pads were changed and door step pick up drop. So that should have costed ~₹700 for the break pads. Subtracting that from the Pro subscription cost. My total would be (for the fall) ₹ 1072. If you opt for the service lite and choose to go to the service centre. It’s ~₹800
Dad dropped our Ola a few days back and here’s the bill for that
They didn’t inform me about the doorstep charge until the service was done and there is no option to ride it to a service centre and get it done or any sort of service subscription. And they’ve listed 15 Minutes to squeeze out a handle grip and squeeze in a new one :joy::joy: ₹1400 for a break lever and grip

Another win for Ather service. :partying_face::man_facepalming:t4:
Moral - Always use Ather service subscriptions. It’s like a mini insurance with even lesser hassle :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Wasnt that covered by insurance…ola?

. I assumed that it would be a 400₹ fix so I didn’t bother asking. They actually had my scooter in their workshop for a week before they told me that the part is unavailable.so I brought the scooter home.
So I just didn’t want to delay it more by an insurance claim.

1 Like

Congratulations buddies :clap: :partying_face: :partying_face: :tada: :piñata: :confetti_ball: :beer: :beers: :heart:

For making 1000 posts in Ola Electric aka Etergo AppScooter topic, that too in an Ather forum :joy:

3 Likes

Since ola doesn’t have a forum AFAIK, ola owners are using this for their discussions :joy:

2 Likes

Promotions, promotions and promotions. And not to forget, abundance of colour options. This is something Ather can learn from them :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope it doesn’t break or catch on fire. It will be more embarrassing than it already is.

5 Likes

OLA fire incidents would be next to impossible given the UK climate. Other incidents would surely happen.

1 Like

Ambient temperature is rarely the cause of a battery fire. EVs should be catching fire by the dozens in Delhi and Rajasthan now.

What could be a pain is if the front suspension spectacularly breaks in the middle of a busy London street or a S/W bug causes the horn to go off continuously in front the Buckingham Palace.

2 Likes

and the poor owner thinks the Indians are taking revenge on the brits by selling them a Ola EV

2 Likes

or what if it reverses and dashes onto the Queen’s vehicle behind !!

4 Likes

But how is it a made in India brand if all it does is research in uk and manufacture at India

1 Like

They bought the entire company so entire design and stuff. Only the manufacturing is in India. And not from UK, but Netherlands.

1 Like

Took the OLA S1 Pro test ride today in Noida (Delhi NCR). I landed inside their camp with my S1 and kind of became the attention grabber between those 7 OLAs parked there. Wasnt allowed but brided the guard 50 bucks to let me do it😈…My reviews are below:

Pro:

1. Hyper Mode is insane.

2. More silent than Ather. But I love the Ather Signature Sound of wwweeeeeeeeee….

3. Loved the cruise control.

4. Speakers are damn loud but good.

5. Seats are very comfortable compared to Ather.

6. The dash is very quick and responsive.

7. Those MRF tyres are really grippy.

Cons:

1. Seating is lower compared to Ather. So your hands tend to be a little higher which is not good for long duration in traffic. Also not easy to manoeuvre.

2. It’s definitely ugly. Even the OLA guys and its prospect customers were just checking my S1 thinking its a demo vehicle. Feel sad for OLA folks for that.

3. I feel a vehicle without a key and completely dependant on bluetooth n phone to power on and off is not safe and correct.

4. The famous floor board centre hump is bad. Though nice front leg room.

5. The pain quality of especially the matt colours is very poor. I notice the matt finish was shiny in some areas due to wear and tear. Really sad paint quality.

6. Panel gaps were alot hence leading to rattle sounds on bumpy roads

7. The single front suspension does not give that much confidence as i could feel the handle not willing to stay straight.

8. Suspension setup is very hard, atleast compared to Ather. Ather just glides through pot holes but OLA makes sure you feel each and every bump till your bone screams aaaaarrrrggghhhh…

9. Headlights are not as good as people are claiming.

10. No Grids in Delhi to charge.

11. No service centre but yes doorstep service available pan India. Again not so confident with that.

12. The side view mirror look very local compared to our Ather. Even if the view in Ather mirror is limited but they look much more stylish.

Some pics below :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

6 Likes