Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

What would be your overall verdict?

Hands down Ather irrespective of some short comings like Top speed (which I still hope we will get at least 100kmph in the future), dashboard speed, usb charging port and other unwanted features like speakers.

2 Likes

Did you notice the reverse mode? In Ather, it’s very smooth and you can control the force required. In ola, when you engage reverse mode it goes back really fast and it can be pretty difficult to manage in crowded areas. I’m not sure if that was the case with my test unit or not.

2 Likes

Didnt really bother checking the reverse as I thought it might make me experience it on it’s own in Hyper Mode. :joy::joy::joy:

O-LAlalalalalla

2 Likes

How else did you think Moo-ve OS was made? :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

:broken_heart:

4 Likes

Ola brothers on their way to the future factory to end ICE age! #endICEage.

3 Likes

Saw this comment on YouTube. He has done a wonderful comparison :joy: :joy:

Everyone in the comment section is also at the side of Ather only :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Youtube is opening in ola scooter :astonished: :exploding_head:

How? How ola how?

I also didn’t believe much but he shows it at 5:00min in the video.

Now if ola suddenly stops while riding, then they can search in Youtube for solution :joy:

Why not? I’ve seen people play YouTube on their 450X. Both the 450X dash and the Ola dash are based on Android OS. So if you have access to dev settings in either of them you’ll be able to. Do a lot of things that you’re able to do with any tablet with an internet connection.

I also want to see youtube on my 450x :pleading_face:

Add images

Visit to Ola Future Factory About 40 Ola riders left from bangalore to the Ola factory which is 128Km from bangalore. The Ola Campus in Koramangala had 2 Hyperchargers switched on but apparently they still haven’t figured out how to charge the scooter faster than 750Watts. Which is just crazy because Ather literally delivered their first scooters and you could charge at 2kW at the grid right away.

The way there was downhill. So everyone made it comfortably. Ola arranged breakfast for us and the scooters at Murugan Idli near Krishnagiri. Everyone got a 15% top up on their scooters. They had an installed hyper charger their too. But this one also, wasn’t functional :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:
One scooter apparently just died at 30-40% and it was towed to the factory for charging. Rest of us all made it in good time cruising at 60-70Kmph getting a range of over 140-150Km

Not a single Hypercharger at the factory. Many of the employees had no idea what a hypercharger was :joy: the employees were asking us about what features are there in the scooter :man_facepalming:t4: It was clear none of them dealt with the software bit of the scooter. They were in shock to hear someone had done 200Km on a single charge. But the reality is, it wasn’t one. HUNDREDS of people had completed 200Km on a single Charge and 97 of those lucky ones who did it on or before 21st of May ALL received Their Own FREE OLA S1 pro. I talked a lot of them and one has gotten it delivered already and the other 96 will be receiving it soon at no cost at all. Quite the deep pocket the marketing division must have to pull of such a big event and to give away 97 scooters.
We had a good factory tour. We were all stunned by the shear size of the place.

Not just the factory but 500 Acres of Land and only a small part of it was built up with just one General Assembly line which was able to push out on scooter every 30-40 seconds while we were there at least. According to the team the maximum capacity is 1000scooters / day but they’re not working at that capacity due to logistics constraints apparently. They have another assembly line which can be up and running within weeks if they need it to.

Quite a few Bots all around the factory. Most ABB built. They do have a 100% women workforce for the hands on part of the job but most of the supervising jobs still seem to be males. They have Dynamo testing done along with an outdoor test run for each of the scooters.

I’m sure the dynamos help testing 100kmph front and reverse :stuck_out_tongue:

They have quite the battery manufacturing capacity. LG cells from South Korea. They apparently intend to set up 1GWh cell manufacturing by the end of next year and increase it further by 2025.

Saw the suspension up close. Unable to share the images here. The travel on it is just so tiny. It’s like 2-3 Cms almost. And looks very poorly built. Just some cast iron and short suspension. I think the single arm might be the reason for the recent suspensions breaking. It’s just not strong enough. It’s not breaking at a Junction but breaking right at the bottom of the suspension the black cast iron bit.

Overall they have the capacity to make a lot of scooters but everything they were using just felt a bit cheap and not as robust as how Ather’S parts are. Seems like they’ve cut costs a bit too much. There were guys from the Etergo team to and almost looks like they’re not really involved much in this whole set up.
We left with about 92% charge knowing we had a few charging sockets at Burger King on the way back and we all topped up and we were getting about 110-120Km of range on the way back up to bangalore. The heavier scooter and the uphill ride surely does not help. A few people ran out of charge and had to find charging nearby at random shops. Some scooters stopped charging because of some software issues. My scooter wouldn’t wake up for 20mins after the ride for some unknown reason. As such Ather has done a wonderful job with charging and integration. Ola has a long long way to go.

Nice one :joy::joy: Didn’t feel like we were considering how drenched in rain we got on our way back XD

Yupp and to whine about how if only Ather had a product with a bit more range and a bit larger then nobody would have to go to Ola for those reasons. :man_facepalming:t4: @tarun

14 Likes

You have gone on your Ather or you own ola also

1 Like

Don’t think Ather could have made it that far. But maybe with the charging point on the way and the faster portable charger of the 450 I might have been able to :man_shrugging:t4: Just would have taken more time.
But I own an Ola as well and I went on that.

14 Likes

Spotted HyperCharger at New Delhi airport but from One Plus supporting Warp Charging :rofl:

2 Likes

Did someone say protocol standardisation? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yesterday a live stream started on ola’s youtube channel. Anyone know what is this? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

These kind of hacking is very popular these days. Mostly that I have come across are in crypto. Sony India’s YouTube also got hacked. This seems something different

1 Like