Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

what the ****, Ola is really playing games with people’s life imagine that happened while at high speed

5 Likes

Apparently the news says, it broke on the move, but fortunately no-one was injured. It has become a compromise on safety over the price.

Like cars we should have safety ratings for two-wheelers (esp EVs) is my opinion. Anyway the safety rating will only give insights in case of accidents only, but it’ll provide some confidence on the build quality.

3 Likes

Ola scooter is really starting to look like an expensive broken toy now…I had such hopes from these guys…:slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Ola vs Ather hill climb Link

2 Likes

It’s is actually.it’s a joke and mess at the same time :joy::joy:

1 Like

This petrol pump looks similar to the one we have in our city Anwyas good amount of complaints from ola from my friends too, but still whats fascinating is there are more ola than Ather here.

3 Likes

Please got through this thread from beginning, you’ll find more appreciation than haters (would like to say criticizers instead of haters) :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

Not at all it’s a rushed product has lots of faults

Also they over promised and under delivered .

1 Like

I litreally said there are more ola than Ather in my city. But MORE SALES IS NOT EQUAL TO BETTER PRODUCT. One of my friends ola was lying in some random workshop for repairs for 12 days (They did not have some part) and after a week of using the problem came back again.

2 Likes

Ola is being a typical Indian company, making huge promises and delivering a sub par product. People definitely feel like they are getting a lot compared to other EVs for the price they are paying and hence the growing sales but so far driving ola scooter is nothing but a dangerous activity, it catches fire, literally breaks down on street. It is a half baked product. Ather is an Indian company too, but they have delivered what they have promised. That’s why they deserve the trust, just hating on Ather because of higher price tag makes no sense. We do need companies like ola so that companies like Ather, Bajaj or TVs can come up with better EVs with better prices but not at the cost of compromising someone’s life.

5 Likes

No, We have not Assembled here to Criticize the Product, We are here to discuss the issues they have.

If they had a solid product, why do you think that negativity would have been told? But to be fair the forum has its share of everything. We do have TVS iCube and Bajaj Chetak also, but the forum had never criticized them, well because it never broke or caught on fire.

Well, you are comparing Hand made from start to end Ramen noodles with instant noodles, they both look delicious but the taste says everything. (please don’t bash me).

I know you bought the Ola and you want to defend the product, but hey, we bought the Ather and we recommend the product no matter what, also I hope it’s not another “Luckin Coffee”

5 Likes

I live in a place far away from the actual city. And yet, I see a lot many Ola and Athers. That makes me happy. Wrt which is better? IMO, Ola looks great in terms of features and performance. I will wait for a year to see the improvements. Wrt Ather, they need to come up with a longer range model. I am happy to see the competition. Its good for everyone…! :heart:

Ola: the dashboard looks goood with no lags Ather: software :man_facepalming: Ok, let’s stop fighting…! :joy:

6 Likes

You need to see how the sales figure are increasing of all the vehicle currently , also i think you have not used or had test ride of the Ather 450x so you don’t know how the Quality is suppose to be of a EV

let me list some serious issues only

• Ola scotter’s are catching fire
  • Breaking down (literally into 2 pieces )
  • Reverse bug (which shots you back while being in forward mode just think what are the wrost things which can happend due to this )
  • Thermal issue (Overheating of motor in just few mins)

This are just the serious issues (cannot be ignored under any circumstances ) which the scotter has there is whole list of more issues (Feel free to ask me i will list all the serval isssues it has )

1 Like

have you personal checked whether the 30,000 customers are happy or not ? most of them are not the issues are popping out overtime getting to hear new and new issues almost every week

have a look at Youtube videos of Ola owners review and breakdown that’s not media they are genuine owners of the vehicles

4 Likes

Are you sure only 100s are having issues. Almost all the people are facing one or the other issue. That too life threatening issues.

The ola can’t even climb an incline😂 then it’s not worth buying. Even a bicycle climbs faster than ola.

… and almost all 450X owners face software issues and glitchy dashboard. We learnt to live with it. Live with it to a point where software just doesn’t matter anymore… hopefully, Ola offers much better software experience…! Amen :grinning:

5 Likes

I’d not consider myself in “almost all”. I have had a fair experience of software and dashboard experience in my 1.4yrs of ownership. Also, do you still face any software issues you’re particularly referring to? Would be great if you list them in the right thread, and you might find a solution for it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

True but till now I haven’t seen software glitch affecting an Ather 450/450x/450plus ride/performance in anyway.

Software glitch (dashboard restarts, maps reroute, screen freeze etc) is restricted to dashboard only, it does not affect the ride on the go.

6 Likes

Here are OLA scooter Pros and Cons below:

Pros:

1. Range
  2. Performance
  3. Ride quality

Cons:

1. Buggy software, glitches at times gets life threatening
  2. Absence of active cooling system for battery and motor
  3. No service center, no dealership.
  4. Long customer care waiting times.
  5. Low performance on inclines.