Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Their app is under process, hyper charger installation under process, delivering to customers and experimenting on them is under process !

3 Likes

Now, I will not say much about big investments, and, I really hope Ola prosper as more companies are needed in EV segment, but, you might have heard about a startup called ‘Theranos’ and how it performed over the years.

3 Likes

If they have developed the company completely up and running why does it need so much funding $861.2M and $5B in valuation, what are they gonna build a space rocket?

So, you mean each company should be developed completely up and running from day 1? Do you have any examples of such mythical companies?

Why are you so worried about a private company raising money and having huge valuations?

Nothing is funny it’s a journey of owning the brand’s first properly developed product and 2 years of owning it (not the s1 or pro in tow truck in 3 months)

Well, I was not the one who made a very very long post about service issues in the scooter. Apparently, the issue list was so long that your hands were pained just typing that post.

I wonder if the people who are comparing Ola with Nikola or Theranos really read anything about them or you guys are just hoping that Ola becomes a fraud due to inherent bias?

Nikola or Theranos made a lot of infeasible claims and they never built a single product and sold it to any customer. Their claims were of some breakthrough in technology. Ola Electric on the other hand is just building an electric scooter with the existing technology and Lithium-Ion batteries. There are probably some 100 companies around the world building electric 2 wheelers. They are not even claiming they have some fancy battery technologies like solid-state batteries. Also, Ola is actually building a huge factory and already delivering the scooters. My initial post of deliveries is related to that only. There are many people who received their scooter and many who canceled it. Ola refunded their amount fully and did not abscond.

No one can tell if Ola becomes successful with EVs. The automobile industry is a tough one and struggles continue until the companies achieve some scale and may even fail in the future. That does not mean they are frauds like Nikola or Theranos. For example, Ather CEO revealed in the recent video that at one point (before the 450x timeframe) they were thinking of becoming a technology or platform supplier instead of OEM (scooter manufacturer)? It’s not easy and I hope the companies like Ather, Ultraviolette, Ola Electric, Tork Motors, etc… become successful and make EVs mainstream.

Anyway, I think we have enough discussion about the legitimacy of Ola Electric. If you guys still think they are frauds that’s fine. Everyone has their own opinions. Not gonna argue or defend anymore. Let’s move on.

9 Likes

OLA scooter main stand seems to be made available by OLA electric.

1 Like

Seems festivals are window open dates

2 Likes

Iphones have mid-season refresh and its GREEN :smiley:

Why not us, launch an ORANGE :rofl:

2 Likes

The orange one was initially custom made for the Netherlands govt and transported there. I suppose I had seen reviews from there about what they felt about the scooter, but forgot where I saw it.

3 Likes

yes I remember. They were also cheated :smiley: Its not exclusive to Netherlands anymore

2 Likes

Ola Electric to set up a battery cell manufacturing facility with up to 50GWh capacity in India. Ola Electric Appoints former LG Chem Power CEO Prabhakar Patil to its Board. also keenly scouting opportunities around the world for strategic investments into companies focused on advanced cell chemistry research as well as other battery technologies including fast charging that will allow us to provide higher density and higher battery performance for our upcoming range of two and four wheeler EVs.

https://blog.olaelectric.com/ola-electric-appoints-former-lg-chem-power-ceo-prabhakar-patil-to-its-board/

3 Likes

Indicators going haywire https://twitter.com/sumanthrajurs/status/1503777973492617216

2 Likes

Lol. And the comments to that are the best. I’m sure it’ll be fixed quickly but the fact they got wrong something so basic worries me about their QA.

2 Likes

That’s a fake post. This was one of the first Ola owners in malabar and the Ola team fixed it within a reasonable timespan.

Here is his yt video right after the one snipped into Twitter. It has been two months as of now, and so not the new OTA update.

There are other unsolved issues and promises pending, though.

7 Likes

I think we should change this topic name from ola electric scooter to Ola electric company and their investor-back funding with their future development plans -that’s a mouth full and appropriate

2 Likes

Of course.

4 Likes

Not just this, the company is sending atleast 10 sms per day to all those who previously shown interest. I wonder if the demand got low.

5 Likes

The early price discount was for becoming the beta testers of scooter. Somewhat similar to what Ather did with 450.

3 Likes

Ather 450 was released in very small batches initially and dangerous bugs were not at all present even during initial rollouts. But this is a huge undertaking with unsurmountable risks. Not worth the money to beta with your life.

6 Likes

OLA doing 90 kmph in reverse mode…:joy::unamused::flushed::thinking:

4 Likes

Light speed in reverse

2 Likes

Is it actually 90 or are the wheels spinning slow, but the dash is showing 90?

1 Like