Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

I’m spotting Ola way too much, on some Tow trucks rather than on roads is that a new feature of the company that they are displaying? Some kind of ad campaign maybe :smiling_face_with_tear:

7 Likes

I have initially spotted few on Pune roads but now they seems to be inexistent

2 Likes

I spotted a couple in Goa last week. :blush:

2 Likes

If the service vans are not available then they tow it to their service center which are mostly in outskirts of a city

4 Likes

I’m yet to see an Ola on the road. Not sure why they are avoiding me :sweat_smile: On a side note, the number of Athers I see has increased quite a lot over the past couple of months. It’s almost certain that I’ll see a few going around if I step out of my house.

3 Likes

Yes it’s good to see more Ather’s on road but I’m not even finding any Ather grid idle for a quick charge. Recently had to wait for 25mins as a guy just left his Ather to charge fully.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m hearing a similar feedback from others on the forum too. With number of Athers on the road increasing rapidly, the grids should also expand.

The number of grid points in a city should be proportional to the number of bikes on the road. Hope Ather is already looking into that. Also, Ather should start putting another charger in grids where there is a single one. Makes it easier. Having one is good already but having two in a place makes it twice as likely for atleast one to be free when in hurry.

Some feedback to consider @abhishek.balaji.

4 Likes

Ather has two options

1. increase the range
  2. increase the Grids at substantial distance

I think Ather should go for first one. What you say ???

2 Likes

The first one is obvious. If Ather needs to compete with the current day Ola and future Simple one models it needs to increase the range.

But along with that, that grids should also be beefed up. It’s not an either-or sich here.

2 Likes

Let’s wait for Ather to charge from customer’s for charging at girds. Currently being free to everyone I think few people are exploiting this. I’ve seen people just waiting along with the vehicle even though it’s charged 50km+. To my knowledge why we use grid is to get back home for which charging 10-15 mins is more than enough!

8 Likes

Yes definitely. People should understand grid etiquette. Ather should also try to enforce a max time of 30 mins for grid points within the city. It’ll prevent abuse of free charging.

5 Likes

Or… It can also be done as, free charging for 30min after 30min charges will apply. This will be more convenient. You can do a quick top up for free for 30min or if you really want to cover a long distance you can pay and charge for another 30min or 1hour

Nowadays since many vehicles are running on the road, the grid will be working all the time, there will be queue system for charging. Some people plug it at morning 5AM and go, yes i have observed it many times at the Bangalore bakery charger there will be 2-3 vehicles line up for charging at morning 5AM ( since the charger will be on 24×7 people are doing like that but that’s good to let charger on for 24×7, at night also there will be emergency for some people, it will be helpful for them but leaving the vehicle for charging thinking that it’s their home charger is not acceptable). Now that’s too much, they think that it’s their home charger and plug it sometime in the night and they come at morning 6 to take the vehicle. Since its free everyone are taking it for granted.

The only solution to this is providing cost for charging. Atleast then people will not just leave their vehicle and go, even though it’s fully charged. They will charge how much they want and go.

10 Likes

Ola delivered almost 7,000 vehicles in February. Also, Ola claims they are by far the largest EV maker by revenue. Also, the deliveries in March to touch 15,000.

Deliveries:

Revenue:

3 Likes

I see more of them being towed and the numbers are increasing day by day.

2 Likes

Yes definitely Ather should charge and use money for new grid installations.

2 Likes

Unlimited Free - will always be inefficient … we can expect common-sense, etiquettes etc… but it hardly works

Example: In our apartment, when water meters were introduced, it was hugely opposed given the cost. But, once implemented, most people usage (wastage) has come down and careful in closing their valves when going to hometown etc…

Same people, same water, but mindset changed once started charging based on usage :smiley:

Btw, half the people got their investment within 2 years itself

7 Likes

Saw another Electric scooter on the tow truck. Definitely not Ather, seemed like Ola but not sure. Don’t think Ampere, Odyssey are getting towed.:joy:

1 Like

I literally don’t even care whether they deliver 7000 or 17000 they are only getting towed backed to service center just like their cab they are a faulty car and scooter

Just in one day I saw 3 ola scooter towed at this rate the company can deliver as much as they want, they know they are only creating a hype, not a successful product, maybe just maybe they are creating the hype for extremely good propaganda to pull more investors and close the doors

2 Likes

You may not care about the number of deliveries but I think it’s relevant data for this specific thread.

There is no question that Ola has to improve their quality and resolve the bugs as quickly as possible. Ola does not allow service centers open for customers to bring their vehicles themselves. Currently, they are towing the vehicles even for minor issues to and fro from customers. That is why this towing circus. But they are in the process of setting up service centers in smaller cities and towns as well and not just major cities.

I find this service complaint funny coming from someone who posted a very lengthy “THE SERVICE SAGA - 2 years of Ather 450”.

These are still early days and we don’t know whether the Ola S1 will be a successful product or not and I am not suggesting that in my post.

Don’t worry about Ola investors. They are not taking money from small retail investors. Ola Electric is able to attract such large investments because of Ola cabs. There are a dozen notable investors/funds in Ola Electric and maybe they must have done some due diligence. Tiger Global, Matrix Partners, Ratan Tata, Softbank, Hyundai, Kia, Pawan Munjal, Temasek, Alpha wave, Alpine, etc…invested in Ola Electric.

Are you sure it’s ola that is creating “propaganda”?

4 Likes

Now, why does this feel familiar * cough * Nikola Motors.

How? if Ather realises their data, I mean they literally did the 25k of 450x, we are discussing everything to Ather, that’s why this company-owned forum is for - Ather. You are getting confused with public forums and company-specific forums. we can discuss the technicality and issues but the sales number is irrelevant.

Nothing is funny it’s a journey of owning the brand’s first properly developed product and 2 years of owning it (not the s1 or pro in tow truck in 3 months)

If they have developed the company completely up and running why does it need so much funding $861.2M and $5B in valuation, what are they gonna build a space rocket?

This is me for ola cab

2 Likes