Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1547607252292989?fs=e&s=cl

I saw this ola s1 pro struggling to climb a steep inclined pathway

https://youtu.be/KuwjZ1G7eLM

Full video

1 Like

I can’t believe it didn’t climb! Especially being an electric motor, the torque is available at all RPMs. It should’ve been able to climb in normal mode too considering the Yamaha scooter did it almost effortlessly. I would like to see an Ather on this incline although I have no doubts that it will climb without any fuss.

7 Likes

I am confident Ather too won’t be able to make it with a pillion rider from 0 position

2 Likes

Ather will climb, I have tried this at a steep parking lot in Saravana stores, Purshawakkam Chennai. with a pillion, but still, if anyone knows what the steep angle is and if it matches with Ather’s specification of climbing.

PS: the angle in that video looks somewhat the same as that store

2 Likes

The performance in sports mode is not at all upto mark, Ather definitely performs better because I have traveled on much higher gradients with a pillion. But mostly ride is sports mode. Only once I was stuck with pillion and that was in eco mode due to low battery.

With one rider weighing 50 Kg it was able to climb in eco mode as well.

4 Likes

Climb or no climb should get clear if someone rides an Ather with same rider and pillion on same incline. It would be a great marketing video then for Ather if it climbs successfully.

2 Likes

Last month I have tried similar climb on gravel in all modes. Ather aced it with ease. I will try to make a video when I go back to the same place again.

2 Likes

Ola deliveries have started In MP. I saw one in videos and one of my batchmates got it (Blue) today in Indore. There are a few according to the person who got it. But only a few. Edit: Maybe spotted another Yellow one

3 Likes

Ather will, I’ve done it multiple times, my old gym’s parking has an incline very similar to that. With a ~140kg load, it couldn’t in eco or ride, it did in warp. Also, the road to my college has a similar incline, my Ather effortlessly climbs on sports and warp and ride too. Only thing being you’ll need your brake throttle co-ordination to be good. Ola’s bs of cutting power to as soon you hit the brake will land you in trouble in such steep slopes, even with hill assists, I’ve seen AMTs struggle on the same road.

10 Likes

Well, I think they have not yet solved the Motor Heating Issue.

Hmm For some reason I’m not able to see the FB video link that I posted so I created a hyperlink

2 Likes

looks like it will be very nice,Hopefully, these will come to fruition in the next 1-2 years as planned and forces the traditional companies like Hero, TVS, Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki to develop electric 2 wheelers.

4 Likes

So much negativity about Ola from Ather owners here😂… From 0 position Ather also won’t be able to climb in eco mode. If you want to climb such steep with pillion you need to change mode on both the scooters. What makes you all think Ather will be able to do what Ola can’t since Ola’s motor has much more power than Ather. There’s a reason different modes are given to adjust motor torque and power. Just use it. Why create fuss.

3 Likes

If there’s not enough charge to change modes(Eco mode), then what can we do🤔?

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has said that Eco mode would do it. People are saying that Ather would likely do it in Ride mode and would certainly do it in Sports or later.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

Maybe there is some truth to Ola having problems with steep climbs! I was watching this video from a channel called EV Travel XP. He recently rode up the Tirupati hills on both Ola and Ather.

He first rode on Ola S1 Pro and then on Ather 450X. In the Ather video, he says that Ola struggled a little while climbing up and that Ather didn’t have any issues.

This is the video. It’s in Telugu btw. The relevant section starts at 16:05.

It may be just another data point here, but if we keep seeing more such issues, it would mean that Ola isn’t using its powerful motor efficiently!

7 Likes

Ather 450X vs OLA S1 Pro unbiased review :zap: From an Ather owner’s perspective…

5 Likes

FYI :man_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

The front look was lit when he removed the dashboard. :joy:

Still… Ola doesn’t get auto cut off indicator feature which our Ather get’s and… many more features like Guide me home lights, Indicator sound on and off option, boooot light also, charger lock when the vehicle is charging ( this could be a basic feature for all electric vehicles)

3 Likes