Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Someone need to get a copy of User Manual OLA must have been provided to customers. And hopefully that user manual will reveal all the specifications and features

1 Like

There is regen in Ola. Also, you can force regen by twisting the accelerator in opposite direction.

The battery is a Lithium-Ion battery, cylindrical cells, and the chemistry is NCA. This is mentioned in the invoice.

1 Like

I did 139 kms in my Ather 450 when ARAI is 107. So 30% extra

When ola says 181 and he got 187 or 200 its only 10% extra

All that is very difficult and painful. Realistic range is True Range which Ather was disclosing from Day 1 even though people can miss understand it with ARAI.

Ola Advertised ARAI Range when many customers are unaware of difference between ARAI and Realistic Range

3 Likes

Saw this posted on a Telegram group. The cells do look like 21700s

4 Likes

At what speeds you got 139 km range that too from 450?

Maybe share the tips, so that others also can get similar range.

2 Likes

Here are the differences between ola and Ather

Power

Ola has peak of 8kw and continuous of 5.5kw of motor power while Ather 450x has 3.3kw and 6kw respectively.

Battery

While Ather uses 14s12p (2.9kw @ 51.1v nom) 168 cells in total . ola uses 14s16p pack. (3.9kw @ 51.1v nom) 224 cells in total . Yes they have same voltage battery packs . They expect a the same efficiency of 30 wh/ km as Ather. 3924.48wh(battery capacity)/131km(claimed range) . They both use 21700 li-ion cells. Since they have a big battery they haven’t kept any buffer like Ather. It would be interesting to look what they do with S1 model since it has a smaller 3kw battery. Would they risk using complete battery capacity is yet to be known with their S1 model.

Frame

On the first look it’s made of iron while Ather uses alluminium.

Others

Not sure anything about OS used or any software and dashboard related specs. Please post if known.

Note : I might be wrong, feel free to correct if you find any right information.

4 Likes
2 Likes

It’s the same battery pack being used for the S1 as well. It is just software restricted to a lower capacity.

2 Likes

That’s mostly not the case because of the price difference between S1 and S1 pro. They have never said S1 can be upgraded to S1 pro at a later point in time.

2 Likes

Well, you will get much higher range in Ola as well at 20 kmph. The guy who got 187 is not riding at 20 kmph. His average speed itself 27 kmph and he was going at 35 to 45 kmph and it is in Bangalore city.

Etergo claimed 240 km range at 20 kmph speed and Ola S1 pro has 0.5 kWh bigger battery than Etergo scooter.

1 Like

This 187 KM is again a calculated number… observation from some other videos is that last 15% just gives 5 to7 KMs. So it should be near to 175 or 180. But it’s good at least with driving optimization people can easily extract more than 150 which is more than enough for an average scooter user…

4 Likes

Beg to differ and this is why…

(Excerpt from the link)

4 Likes

How much the 4 kg extra weight really impacts the range? At most 1 or 2 km. But it also gives longer battery life and lower degradation as the buffer capacity is now much higher compared to a smaller battery.

4 Likes

Woah I never thought ola would to something like this!

1 Like

Ather does the exact same, 450+ and 450x share the exact same hardware, with software limitation. It makes more sense to lock it rather than to have 2 separate manufacturing lines which complicate things.

3 Likes

I knew Ather did that. since the price difference isn’t much.

Not necessarily since it’s just the no of cells in parallel that is different. The same BMS would just work fine , they would save a lot of money by this.

2 Likes

It isn’t, considering that they may take up to 2p of cells out, so 14 * 2=28 cells which might cut the cost 28* 250 to 350. ea which is somewhat 7000-9800, now if they are both on a single line of manufacturing they lose this much but they ramp up the production and don’t have to bother with storage, a separate line for low demanding 450+ and separate storage unit of it.

To put it in simple terms A single line of manufacturing

Same battery-Same hardware-Same Storage- just final software lock will do

a different line of manufacturing just to save 10k

• a separate battery manufacturing unit
  • a separate storage unit
  • new workforce
  • New case or maybe In the old case
  • Rookie mistake may happen (450+ batter in 450x)
  • with low demand just to save 10k per scooter is not advisable
  • spending at least 45cr in all the above steps which I think is waste plus yearly maintenance

that’s why even OLA does not have a separate line in the manufacturing of S1 and S1 pro it increase the cost way too much just to save 28 cells

6 Likes

OLA aka Etergo will dominate in electric scooters. Future looks bleak for Ather

1 Like

I don’t understand why it’s going to be bleak…

Still Ather is selling in good numbers…

Surely they may also has future releases and updates…

Already it is expanding its EC, grid etc…

Let wait…

1 Like

I have a friend who works at the place where ola’s having their PCBs manufactured, apparently they have been running at capacity for a few weeks now.

Actually, I don’t see why Ather can’t do this. It would require almost 0 investment on their part to upgrade 450 plus to 450X. A few stickers, a change in the front panel and that should be about it right?

Exactly, Ola just marketed it better by saying they’re giving the customer the option to upgrade at a later date, like they’re doing the customer a favour :joy:. They can duck the 4kg dead weight issue (if it grows too loud) by updating the software to increase battery capacity proportionally to counteract that 4kg.

1 Like