Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Eicher motors be like… This is business :joy:

So this Gyan guy silently mocked that range test takes time and cannot be done quickly… Seems ww3 is on :joy::joy: time for reply video part 3

1 Like

This service model is good when you have a few scooters not when you plan to have 1000’s of them.

1 Like

Yup, OLA is intending to sell Million units of them, how will this model survive.

2 Likes

Kochi EC has sold around 750 units including those (waaay) beyond city limits. Say there are 350 units in the city, and still it takes a day or two of queue to get service. Ola should have something in store or it will be pita for all.

Btw, i think Ather had plans like this during inception, but quickly rethought.

2 Likes

Ola is producing almost 1000 scooters per day.

5 Likes

OLA range test by No Gyan

5 Likes

Thats such a nice range (~150 kms) at speeds of ~30-35 kms/hr. :heart::fire:. Ola has surely challenged the other auto makers. Things will get better from here for us. Cool :ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Yup just finished watching this video … Man I got tired seeing the video only :rofl:, too much hardwork. But yes, range calibration definitely needs to be improved. Agreed that ola definitely gives better range than Ather, but Ather if it says 80km on full charge, it is more or less close to 80km. But having a difference of 20km isn’t acceptable

3 Likes

Many of us have also extracted more than committed range from Ather, reaching above 90 kilometers, in this case his weight is just 68 kg.

But if you see last 15% of battery is not at all reliable in OLA, as in this case also he is able to go just 5-6 KMs only as per my observation in this video.

4 Likes

Correct, last 15 percentage can simply be put up as 5 percentage

Is there any diff in spec bw etergo app scooter and newly launched ola S1 series

1 Like

Yes. Ola S1 Pro has a bigger battery and a more powerful motor.

Etergo:

• 3.45 kWh battery
  • 6 KW peak power motor

Ola S1 Pro:

• 3.97 kWh battery
  • 8.5 KW peak power motor
3 Likes

If Ather increases the battery to 4kwh and retain the same motor then it will be a great deal…

2 Likes
5 Likes

No Doubt Ather is expensive, even though we are paying the more upfront we need to pay for the yearly subscriptions as well, which is excluding what we paid upfront. OLA is giving what ever Ather is giving plus better range and top speed with much lesser than Ather is currently offering. Yes OLA has some issues now, i am sure eventually it will be addressed, Ather has to act before that and bring in some value addition for the premium we are paying. if the niggles what OLA is currently having if they are fixed, I dont know why people will go for Ather instead of OLA

9 Likes

Well I booked 3 times for Ather but due to VFM I am now OLA owner from 29th December 21.

1 Like

Not exactly… we are still waiting for a lot many software features they promised/ teased during the launch. Software is where Ather messed up big time. Let’s wait and see how Ola performs here… :blush:

1 Like
4 Likes

Nostalgic. We also heard the same that regen level will be increased once customers gets used to regen and riding EV.

It’s our problem. We are not getting used to it after 3 years also :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought there is no-regen in OLA, and only has a motor cut-off feature when brakes are applied. I’m missing something, Still, clear specs are not out, What brand Motor it has, What cells are they using Li-Ion or LIPO, What platform of voltage it uses, Is it BLDC or PMSM motor, what cooling it has? what are the service costs?

4 Likes