Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Some people keep finding faults in Ola and some will keep explaining against those faults. It’s Ather vs Ola now, among us :joy::joy:

1 Like

This is the email I got from Ola 4 days ago.

Test rides begin on November 10, 2021 (if not postponed once again). We can pay the balance amount starting November 10, 2021. Delivery window of November 1-November 30, 2021 remains unchanged. When the payment window opens only on November 10, how can the delivery window start from November 1? I don’t know how these communication templates are approved! waiting to see what happens on November 10, 2021

Ather used to give “soon” or a last date. Ola gives dates from the past! :grinning:

Edit: Couple of other things that I observed in this email… If someone cancels purchase and had opted for finance, bank will deduct processing fee it seems. When the purchase has not even gone through, what financing processing fees are they talking about? This was not informed earlier which is sad!

7 Likes

Early scooters in production

1 Like

Everyone’s asking about the delivery date and it’s a generic reply, as per your delivery schedule.

Got these pics via an unofficial telegram group for people who have pre booked the Ola scooters. This is how the actual charger at Ola campus looks like.

4 Likes

Good they have more than one point… cool :ok_hand::ok_hand:

5 Likes

I think it will be a shared charger, i.e. Whoever comes to charge first will get maximum current and the 2nd person will have less, but minimum charging, like tesla’s supercharging network?

3 Likes

Why?! But they say test rides next week.

Whatever they are trying to show, can’t ignore the fact that its a super ugly thing. But faster than the sexiest scooter Ather 450X.

We all know that saying “Never judge a book by its cover”. Holds true in this case. Ugly yet faster and the other one being sexier and going to be the slower one than the faster inspite of us paying a premium price. (Accompanied by it’s bugs)

3 Likes

Bugs are the worst than anything else. Its a wonderful scooter backed by a fairly decent fast charging network. But the software experience has been a nightmare.

2 Likes

I agree. But again, for me as an individual speed really matters. I know the equation software =bugs and it will probably show up on other Smart scooters too since they are software based. But for the price we paid i expect it to be faster than the competitors in addition to be being the quickest. Which again OLA seems to be quicker as per its specs.

1 Like

Ola’s pricing is introductory to garner eyeballs. Typically Early adopters suffer from bugs/manufacturing defects in any brand and not just Ather.

1 Like

Anyone knows why Ola is recommending that people report Bhavish to Legal and the police? :rofl:

4 Likes

Found another video on YouTube

This was from a tvc shot before launch ….

1 Like

Found this pic on Twitter from an auto journalist who quickly deleted it (mostly due to embargo). Looks like all media reviews will be out from noon, tomorrow - 10th November.

Post link - https://twitter.com/samonwheel/status/1457969387114094593?t=dinuyEtlSxddJBwJlJnYKA&s=09

2 Likes

Looks like Ola being Ola they are going big on Marketing, if nothing else, with these youth icons being “spotted” riding S1!

Does that mean their test rides are on track for tomorrow too? Fingers crossed! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It does seem like media test rides are done. Here’s a pic from the editor of Overdrive which confirms the same.

We’ve also got many others posting similar news. To add a few below…

About time, I guess :grin:

5 Likes

Even auto-mobile companies are imposing embargo for the reviewers. Too much.

Not sure what other conditions they have been given.

I think they would have got some instructions like this.

On Nov 10, You can only talk about colour, specs, aesthetics, comparison between S1 and S1 pro. But, to speak about battery life, performance, software features, u need to wait until Dec 1. :smiley:

3 Likes