Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

I’m skeptical of ola’s “free subscription” claim. They might say the features are free but telecom service provider charge needs to be paid…Just a prediction…if I’m wrong, will definitely place an order as it will be great value for money.

2 Likes

Ather have to start thinking about it before it’s too late

1 Like

I think they already charge you for that for the next 3 years

So as compared to ex show room cost of ather and ola… it seems ather already charged you 10 years of subscription and still charging you extra per year…

5 Likes

In my opinion cost of data charges for network is peanuts compared to value company gets from data points with :100: of sensors onboard. Data is new gold or platinum or even more precious than that :grinning:. Hope, everyone understands what all data is being sent to company. They can know you better than yourself.

Yes thats the area of concern for information security and data privacy that entire data of your ather usage is logged in ather server and user have no control over it at all. Even if you haven’t subscribed for any plans still the data is sent to ather server. Only in shutdown mode I hope data is not being transferred but again when you turn ather on it must be sent again… I dont remember any NDA or any consent is signed with user by ather and they have not clarified about what will they do with the data and how long will it be stored with them… But again its like using android phone… you never know what google is collecting & using your data for… And your ather runs on Android too… with ather’s account credentials not users…

4 Likes

Ola has wifi, it may use your mobile data as a hotspot

2 Likes

So no service centers for OLA and a technician will be assigned to repair your vehicles. Good luck with this concept.

Yes it’s important when you have no network you can use your own data

This is what i

get a reply for OLA when queried for 4G LTE data plan

2 Likes

Ola Electric raises over $200 million (Rs 1484 crores) at a valuation of $3 billion (Rs 22,260 crores).

Ola will accelerate development of other vehicle platforms including electric motorbike, mass market scooter and its electric car.

It’s interesting that they are developing new platforms for even more affordable scooters.

Source: https://www.olacabs.com/media/in/press/ola-electric-raises-over-200mn-at-3bn-valuation

1 Like

With such a massive investment, they might actually be able to work their books enough to fund significant discounts on their S1 and S1 Pro. Surely good timing for them, if they are looking to sell hundreds of thousands of 2W at those severely subsidised prices in the coming months like they claim! Now they just need to ensure the ongoing global supply shortages don’t sabotage their plans…

3 Likes

The ongoing supply chain did not disrupt the EV market. It’s mostly because these were new models and supply deals were made before the shortage started. On the other hand, vehicle OEMs canceled the existing deals for ICE vehicles in early 2020 due to low production and demand for the vehicles. That is why EV sales continue to grow rapidly this year all over the world, despite huge shortages. Also, I think Ola ramp-up will be gradual. In 2022, the shortages will be over or greatly reduced.

When I spoke to the Indore EC manager, he told me that Ather has been impacted by the ship shortage.

2 Likes

Actually, the latest reports unfortunately state otherwise :frowning_face:

3 Likes

How this guy got hands on the test unit of Ola S1/S1 pro while the company is very closely monitoring/ testing their units! Or is it that Ola has officially allowed him for the test drive?

Here is the link to the video

5 Likes

I invite some gyan givers to put light on horizontal suspension in Indian road conditions, as they were telling that Ola has not been tested on Indian road conditions. Ola is so fool that they have invested and launched without testing on Indian Roads.

Gyani Bros pls enlighten.

2 Likes

Nice to see a real review atleast now. Seeing the video I felt probably he sneekily borrowed it from some Ola person and reviewed it in a hurry.

The roads he rode on were not the best of the roads to get a feel of the scooter. And because he has shot everything at night, I could hardly see anything clearly.

But one thing it did help in was to show the headlight. It’s beautiful to look at but that light throw is unique! I don’t know how good it is in real but here atleast here it looked inadequate. If Ola is indeed trying to gather some last minute feedback, throgh this, I hope they improve that light.

2 Likes

From what I saw in the video, it seems to be much better than the Ather’s headlight. Because the assembly site higher on the scooter, the light is thrown further and the entire thing is angles in a way where all the output is projected on the road, unlike the Ather headlight. Also because this is an actual headlight, and not a chestlight, the beam will steer with the scooter when turns are being made.

The potential issue here is that the hotspot is so bright that it dominates the field of vision of the rider and blinds one to anything outside it. A proper high beam demo and comparison with low beam would be nice.

8 Likes

Exactly my thoughts. In very dark roads, this can be a safety issue if you can’t see outside the periphery of the beam, especially on the one he was driving on.

On a side note, I can already see owners fitting aux lamps on the mirror stalks :slight_smile:

5 Likes