Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

After months of waiting for Ather or Chetak electric to launch in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Finally booked the Ola S1 Pro. I don’t know what will be the build quality of the scooter, but atleast they launched all over India.

3 Likes

I never said that it is not usable or we have to avoid it but definitely durability has to be seen is what I said. Because I dont know about plastic body vehicles.

2 Likes

It is a moot point in this specific case if Ola decided to make a metal chassis instead.

Again, pretty much every vehicle with a Carbon Fiber tub or frame is basically plastic. There are plenty of structural applications where thousands of grades of engineering plastics besides CFRP are used. Guess the word “plastic” brings up mental images of cheap garbage by default, until you pause and think a little deeper.

3 Likes

I was referring only to plastic monocoque as someone has mentioned in the post that chassis is not a tubular frame. I do know that tubular frames can be welded in event of a damage. Good that we are talking engineering.

1 Like

Unless you want to run around with a permanently compromised chassis that could fail on you at any time, you won’t attempt to weld a damaged chassis back together.

Again,

2 Likes

We have seen the usage of engineered plastics shell body on erstwhile cars like Dolphin and Montana. Only solution was to replace the entire body (single structure) in case of accidental damages. So same is the case with a plastic monocoque chassis. Lets see how durable the engineered plastic is in Ola scooter.

2 Likes

The same is true with a bent / damaged monocoque - irrespective of material - in any vehicle. I myself have run two Honda City chassis damaged card that were welded and / or straightened, and both unstable, unreliable, handled like absolute garbade and ultimately had to he scrapped.

Didn’t Ola do away with the plastic chassis design? https://twitter.com/bhash/status/1429094767149735949?s=20

There’s nothing to see.

1 Like

Thanks for posting the link to the tweet.

1 Like

1 Like

“Introductory price” means early next year price hike is highly likely!!!

It will be like peak hour pricing in their cab business.

1 Like

Announce at a different price and increase it gradually.

Chetak did it in one way. Ola doing it differently,

Both are poor. We can expect more hidden surprises soon.

Well hey I was about to purchase OLA S1 Pro after getting this “last day purchase message”. This being my 1st electric bike/scooter so I am still very reluctant of buying it. Investing over 1.5 lac for something which is not tested on road seems a gamble to me.

4 Likes

“last few” “introductory pricing” “only the first few” all these words give me a feel that people have not booked enough. With nobody to verify the 600cr, I just feel that this is an attempt to rope in a few more buyers buy creating hype.

3 Likes

I still don’t understand their fascination with such marketing gimmicks. This is their first product and they should rather let people experience the product instead of asking for advance payments of substantial amounts. That too before it’s even reviewed by automotive journalists atleast.

If they are really aiming for millions of vehicles a year, then why are they in so much hurry even before the actual release of the vehicle? Sadly, these introductory pricing gimmicks are too common in the automobile industry.

3 Likes

They are surely trying to milk as there isn’t that serious competition in the segment. I was reluctant to book a scooter that I haven’t even ridden once or that hasn’t been tested for some time in the Indian roads and was waiting to book it after seeing the same. To my surprise, even if I book it with 20k today, the earliest I can get is in Feb. I am very doubtful regarding my purchase now, ethics is surely something that gives a company that brand value.

Ather is not so good either but some Indian companies like Tata have a good name due their ethical values and that’s the reason it is highly respected in the auto market. Bhavish will never stop being a businessman and do ethical business.

4 Likes

Its interest free loan which they need to build the mega factory, start sourcing material and start deliveries :grinning: :grinning:

People who are anyway on the line to buy a two wheeler - they would have went ahead and booked it.

Others who were impressed with price & specs and didn’t want to miss the bus later reserved it by 499. 90% of these people would end up buying only after test ride and unable to resist the offer.

These gimmicks are targeted to convert the majority of the 2nd batch now itself :-1:

2 Likes

I think he used the political term, 600Cr worth of goods that means around 50000 booking worth bookings, man that is a lot of bookings but I have received over 4 gimmicks to pay for my scooter, the first one, they are running out of stock??? are they closing the plant with just 1 lot?

Hmm, what are the booking person gonna win? delivery of the scooter really?

That confirms the prices that the marketing factor, not even one person has done a test ride and they want you to book and pay for it, you ain’t no iPhone dude, also how are you gonna run out of stock?

They really want your money before even publicly showing the product, just in case you change your mind, PS this is interest-free financing, for over 50000 bookings they already have a working capital of 102.5 Cr.

ola gimmick 4

what’s so special about this factory?

2 Likes

You forgot the point where it mentions. Grab in INTRODUCTORY PRICING. Indicating there may be increase in prices. So making fearful customers who are yet to decide to pay as its refundable anyways

1 Like