Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Looks like they are out again :expressionless:

Purchase is actually on Ola cabs app only not on Ola electric website. They have opened payments based on booking queue.

They should have opened payments on website also. Its much easier to do it on larger screens than apps.

2 Likes

Today morning I opened the website and it showed the booking amount and colour to be selected for purchase and and reserve it, but I wasn’t gonna pay anything unit I have an actual test ride, but still they should have considered the website payment method.

After a short while the website showed this instead of all the details

1 Like

The floor board of Ola scooter doesn’t appear to be flat…a sort of disadvantage and discomfort. I faced this issue when I used Vespa.

1 Like

Ather is also collecting recently a known person purchased 450x in Chennai but registration outside chennai district so they got 2500 as handling charges

Insurance using their partner icici lombard is optional. But insurance of 1year+5 year is compulsory qnd insurance papers need to be uploaded if you wish to go with other insurer for delivery

Only using app. Make sure phone number and email used while reserving is same and email id is verified in ola app only then you can see ola s1 banner in app and click on it to complete purchase

Yes only when test ride we will get to know. In Ather it was easy to carry water can etc. It not only has a bump like vespa or old Chetak its also curved

2 Likes

1+5 Years is a foolish move from the Govt right from the announcement. Rightly, that order was revoked last year.

Because the order was not clear, now it is left to the companies to interpret.

This looks like an exception as the registration was done outside the Ather serviceable area.

Just wanted to know how many guys have purchased/thinking of purchasing/interested in between the S1 and S1 pro.

• S1
  • S1 pro

0 voters

1 Like

Yes, ola has a bump at the centre of floor. Ather also has floor mounted battery packs, it results in very awkward ride position while you’re riding it at first.

One difference I observed between Ola and Ather/TVS pricing:

Ola: Ex-showroom price is the same all over the country. Insurance is optional. Handling charges of ~1900 and helmet charges of Rs 749 to 1249 depending upon the location.

Ather: Ex-showroom price varies between cities with Bangalore having the lowest price. In many cities, it’s Rs ~2,500 higher than the Bangalore price. It also increases insurance, road tax prices slightly.

TVS: Ex-showroom price difference is as high as Rs 7,000. Again Bangalore has the lowest ex-showroom price while Ahmedabad customers have to pay Rs 7,400 extra. Looks like they are milking the state subsidies indirectly. Also, charger costs (Rs 11,238) are extra.

Till now ola haven’t revealed. Data and smart features usage charges, estimated service costs, spares cost, approx battery replacement cost. If service can be done at home. What about big repairs will they take it to nearest ola workshop. Many factors to be considered.

Ather prices could be different due to the directly run EC by Ather vs dealer run EC, state rules and regulations.

After seeing the posts with pricing, there is approximately 10k difference of on road price.

Ofcourse the battery capacity and range are more, but the real world implementation is yet to be tested including software features(I am for now biased toward OLA in software front untill real test rides start).

As some of the others pointed out yes foot rest space is not as convinient as on Ather, but there will be a trade off here and there obviously when we want something at lower price range. (one example being chasis built alluminium frame vs tubular body).

I shall wait till test rides start and take a decision if I may purchase OLA (not for me for my dad).

1 Like

It’s not a tubular frame but a monocoque plastic chasis.

1 Like

Does ola have a forum like this?!

1 Like

I think they would have one, based on this pic below. Most probably it will be on the yet to be seen “Ola Electric” app or maybe a section on the Ola Cabs app itself as mentioned in the pic.

O… h is it I really don’t know that it is made out of plastic. That is a lot of cost cutting. If that is true have see the durability.

If its monocoque plastic chassis, it would amount to replacing the entire chassis even if a crack develops in the chassis due to accident. Questionable durability.

You can see the tubular frame in this welding video. The robots in the video are from ABB. Ola using ABB’s IRB 5500 paint and IRB 2600 Integrated Dressing robots in its painting and welding lines, and IRB 6700 robots for assembly and material handling in the battery and motor assembly areas.

Official specs mentioning the frame:

4 Likes

So thats a difference from the original etergo scooter then,it was based on a monocoque platform. Tubular is better than the original plastic chasis.

In the future it’s coming is what I heard but as of now we don’t have any

1 Like

Uhh, the same applies to an aluminium chassis, or a tubular frame for that matter. Just because you can weld two pieces together doesn’t mean you should.

Chassis damage is a situation where the right tool to use is not a welding machine, but your bumper to bumper insurance policy.

How about Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic then? Should people throw away all their funky lightweight bicycles and hypercars?

People were making similar statements when Lotus decided to build the Elise chassis completely from aluminium. Look where we are now.

I can’t be bothered to look at Etergo’s original design specs, but if they indeed were talking about making a plastic chassis, and IF that plastic was properly specced, what exactly is the problem?

3 Likes