Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Don’t hurry wait and watch the game. Weather you already have a scooter (ICE OR EV) or not nothing is going to drastically change for you for a couple of months of waiting. So don’t just rush on adrenaline.

Both had their pros and cons at this point of time.

Some features like Loud speaker doesn’t make any sense. Also there is no charging infrastructure as of now not even a single test ride is done. Software is not known, I guess at leat in navigation and stats front they will be in a better position given their background of software & analytics department they have already in place.

For ather performance wise ot is tested and has good feedback. But softwate is not satisfactory. There are improvements recently and stability is found however.

So don’t rush wait and then take decision PRICING IS the main aspect to look at too.

1 Like

thanks guys for helping me in my decision will surely wait and see what the ola scooter holds and whether it is upto mark like how it is on paper .

1 Like

Oh is that so? I thought it was proven EV on Netherlands roads… Hmmmm… Then better stick to our beloved Ather 450X…

1 Like

Frankly speaking, I am sticking to my beloved Ather-450.

6 Likes

Love or hate, there is no option to switch from Ather to Ola, very few may be the rarest will switch. As FAME subsidy won’t be applicable if you switch, that’s big factor here.

4 Likes

You can always switch from Ather to Ola, just get it in name of your family members to avail FAME II. Sell your ather at exact on road price of OLA maybe a little less whatever suits you.

2 Likes

I can understand a new buyer who didn’t ride a EV in the past buying ola scooter make sense, people who ride 450x selling 450x to buy a plastic can ola scooter, only a fool can do. Guys dont be in a hurry and do a wrong move. Give time know its real world condition. most of us had a test ride of 450, ather 450 was on road more than 2 years before 450x came out we all knew its pros and cons yet we bought it.

3 Likes

I am still not sold on OLA, so gonna keep my 450x and observe as to how OLA actually is on road and it’s after sales service. We atleast know how Ather has been performing for the past two years where as nothing to back up OLA as of now.

1 Like

3 Years both on Scooter and battery

It’s definitely gonna be better than Ather…

I HATE Ather’s software… too much of bugs, and the MAP, it’s the shittiest ever integration of google maps.

I’m just waiting for 24 more months to give away my 450X to Ather (Buyback).

4 Likes
1 Like

This is the best example of Gender discrimination in the name of women empowerment! :angry: I’m all for employing women, but not employing some person just because of his gender is not the right direction.

4 Likes

Agree, its like just giving employment to 40% of india that also subject to further scrutiny. They would have kept 60-40 ratio. 60% reserved for females and 40% to males out of full 100% employment.

They have billed charger separately so performance pack available only for s1 pro. Check the price structure for me to deliver it in AP

3 Likes

Isn’t handling charge illegal? I thought the SC ruled on this a few years ago.

2 Likes

Yeah handling charges are wrong.

Alos, they should have left the insurance part to the buyer’s choice instead of making the 5 year third party mandatory. That makes it costlier than buying it together.

1 Like

Can anyone book their scooter from the app?

1 Like

5 year third party is mandatory for all vehicles not just Ola.

Also, there is an option to skip the insurance but we have to purchase and upload policy document prior to the shipment.

1 Like

It was withdrawn right? This “mandatory” thing is something that the dealers are forcing upon the customers I feel. See below IRDAI circular.

Also Ola has mentioned that helmets are mandatory and charging ₹1,299 for that. But it is not mandatory for all states. At least for Karnataka it is not.

OK. I was not aware of this removal of 5 year third party insurance. I saw it on TVS iQube pricing as well.

The helmet with every new vehicle is another pathetic rule. Many people might already have helmets or want to purchase a good one. It creates unnecessary waste.

It has been over a decade since I purchased a 2 wheeler. So, I am not sure what are the rules currently. But I am sure dealers will force them on all customers even if rules are reversed. Ola is charging 749 for helmets.

5 Likes

That varies from state to state I guess. For Karnataka it is ₹1,299

1 Like