Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Got this information a few minutes ago. So who all are taking the next step??

3 Likes

Get 3 lakhs ready and be ready to “WAIT”.

2 Likes

This (optional performance upgrade accessory…blah blah blah…) is something similar to how Ola price their charges for taxi rides during peak hours…I prefer to stay away from Ola, be it taxis or scooters or whatever.

1 Like

Performance upgrade is something similar to what Ather is doing with 450x to get the maximum subsidy as there is a cap on ex-showroom price for FAME II subsidy.

@hemanth.anand can you elaborate on this.

Yes you are right @srinivasaraju . Ola S1 and Ola S1 Pro will be invoiced similar to 450+ and 450x.

People buying 450+ will get one invoice and people buying 450x will get two invoices. the second invoice is for the difference amount between the 450x to 450+. This is because both the 450+ and 450X are basically the same scooters but running different performance maps/firmware. The 450+ is the base scooter and it is eligible for FAME subsidy as it is less than ₹1,50,000. 450x is 450+ with an added performance map which costs around ₹20k. this 20K is the second invoice. If Ather had added this 20k in one single invoice, 450X wouldn’t have been eligible for the subsidy and the price would’ve increased by that much. Ather could do this because the 450+ and 450x are basically same with and installed battery capacity of 2.9kwh. 450+ has usable capacity of 2.3kwh and 450x has 2.6kwh usable capacity

S1 and S1Pro are also priced similarly and hence S1Pro should get 2 invoices. one for the base scooter and the other for performance upgrade.

But in Ola’s case, something is not matching. In order to give this “performance upgrade”, both scooters should be same. So both scooter variants should also come with 4kwh battery. S1 will have usable capacity of 3kwh while S1 pro will have 4kwh.

1,49,999 for scooter and 60,000 subsidy will make it 89,999. But the S1 is 99,999. This which means that either S1 will also get a 10k invoice for performance upgrade (which is illogical IMO), OR S1 and S1 pro are not exactly same.

If both have different installed battery capacity, S1 will be 1,44,999 and 45,000 subsidy for 3kwh battery - bringing the price to 99,999. For S1 pro, it will be 1,49,999 minus 60,000 subsidy plus a 40,000 Performance upgrade.

We’ll get complete clarity only once the actual invoices come out.

4 Likes

for those waiting for ultraviolette some good news

3 Likes

Suddenly we are seeing broader availability from traditional companies like TVS and Chetak. While Ather has been expanding to many more cities for the last 1-2 years, TVS and Chetak were limited to just 1 or 2 cities for almost 2 years.

TVS iQube:

Recently TVS expanded sales to Chennai, Coimbatore, Pune, and Kochi in addition to Bangalore and Delhi. Now it will be available in 5 more cities based on yesterday’s official tweet. I am not sure about the first pic if it’s Mumbai or not but the remaining 4 are Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Hyderabad, and Vizag.

Bajaj Chetak:

Bajaj also recently expanded to Nagpur, Mysore, Mangalore, and Aurangabad. Now they announced that they will be expanding sales to Hyderabad and Chennai.

I don’t understand the reason for this very very slow expansion of EVs. It’s understandable for TVS to some extent but Chetak does not even have any ICE scooters in its lineup. Another thing is TVS kept the pricing the same but Bajaj increased the Chetak pricing drastically multiple times over the last 2 years.

1 Like

Bajaj basically hiked invoice prices to swipe the newly acquired FAME2 eligibility, without actually making any hardware or software improvements.

3 Likes

Haven’t able to purchase. Is there anyone in this group who has been able to purchase?

Ola Payment begins at 9:00

:thinking:

After umpteen trials, I got a chance to sign in the portal. There is no option to pay advance or anything !!! If anyone gets any clue, do post it…

Update: https://twitter.com/OlaElectric/status/1435598497638535179?s=20

Also, the price now shows the original price (without subsidy, maybe) - It is 135,699 for S1 now…

1 Like

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: ola ola ola due to technical difficulties our website crashed so from today 6PM now to 9PM now moved date to 15th. What a great start… let’s wait for 15th for more fun…

1 Like

Got this. Issues from the start already…

1 Like

I am not surprised. Even if delivery gets delayed, I won’t be surprised. Even for bugs in early version. :slight_smile:

Ather got 2-3 years to fix things. Let them take 1 year. :slight_smile:

If they give a good product in a good price, with decent software and customer care, they can take time to fine tune.

2 Likes

Yes about prices & delivery Ola may make mistakes as website crashed, delivery delayed etc But hopefully their scooter won’t have issues as they just bought a fully functional and tested product from Netherlands unlike Ather built it from scratch… So unless Ola compromised on quality while bringing & manufacturing it in india the scooter should do fine…

6 Likes

It will be fun to sit down and keep an eye on how the software experience will turn out to be for the early adopters of Ola electric.:wink::smiley: I need access to the Ola forums soon. Haha

1 Like

Mass production is much more difficult than building a concept in the automobile industry. Achieving scale with positive cash flow is even more difficult as it’s very capital intensive.

There are a lot of changes from the Etergo concept to Ola S1. The battery is bigger and the motor is more powerful. Most of the smart features listed by Ola are not available in Etergo appscooter.

Personally, I am not interested in most of the features announced. They are nice to have but not must to have. Pricing, battery capacity, range, and performance are the main compelling factors for the majority of people. If Ola can make the basics like navigation and ride statistics work seamlessly it’s enough for me.

8 Likes

Who told it was fully functional and tested product, not even a single scooter was sold in Netherlands. It was still a prototype when ola purchased it. So no one knows it’s real world condition. Which we will eventually know in coming months.

Ola good in range as well as speed. But one thing don’t know that service. Even more than 2 years old Ather also giving worst service. More than 20 days they will take time to replace spare part in service center (no stocks availability)…wait atleast month and go for best…

1 Like