Ola Electric Scooter aka Etergo AppScooter

Well, I wouldn’t want to use this platform to spread hate against Ola. Ather is about promoting the use of any form of e mobility. It is expected that a company with literally no expertise in e mobility is going to have issues. I hope that Ola manages to find solutions to this issue soon. Also since we’re on the topic of scooters exploding, An Okinawa scooter exploded on the day before yesterday in Tamilnadu whch killed a man and his daughter. I’m just happy that Ather has had no such problems so far and have built a fairly solid product.

6 Likes

Yes also the high premium price of Ather is justified that at least it’s safe enough

A bike in Vellore, Tamilnadu caught fire while charging and a father and his daughter passed suffocating to the flames. :frowning: I don’t know what brand that bike is yet. People say it’s a locally converted bike. Saw some news on tv and an EV expert/manufacturer said there could be issues with the plugpoint which in turn disturbed the charger and so on.

1 Like

Yes, the brand is not clear, though some articles are incorrectly naming random brands including Okinawa.

As much as safety needs to be taken priority, keep showcasing this and spreading this news much is going to hurt entire industry as people will start thinking EV is unsafe.

A mistake can happen in any industry and that mistake cannot be seen as example, rather correct it soon.

2 Likes

A relative of the deceased confirmed it to be a newly bought, not even a registered bike from Okinawa on a live TV debate.

Definitely brings concern but yes education over being scared to go for an EV is needed atm.

3 Likes

This is why

3 Likes

Ather does not use LFP cells, the chemistry is li-ion most likely the cells are lg m50t

4 Likes

This was known that this will happen because of no cooling system for battery pack as well as for motor in ola s1 pro.

Hope Ather will not give this dangerous experience and I trust Ather because they have done best r&d on there vehicle.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: EPluto 7G

See the interview of Tarun, 13.36

8 Likes

Sensible talk. Didn’t use it as an opportunity to dig other EV manufacturers, but subtle message went :grin:

4 Likes

I think @tarun seems a bit little dull or not well. Usually he’ll be very happy and smiling in other interviews😀

2 Likes

Because the topic was so serious.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @srinivasaraju @raghav.srinivasan

Hello everyone, Everyone who thinks ola is better scooter then Ather, Ola is better just on paper and not in reality Ather is way better Just Watch this video

MORE THINGS TO ADD HERE ! (FOR OLA )

-wrost after sales service

-poor build quality

-suspension style is better of Ather as in Ather has double frork in front and vertical monoshock at back see the attached photo for reference

-NO scooter of Ather has caught fire till date :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I believe ola doesn’t have hub motor, but belt driven. As seen in wheel assembly pic, you can see the belt just in front of the wheel.

2 Likes

Give them time and they will be good. We need more competition. Its good for consumers like us. For me personally, everything is good about Ather except software & low range. So if there is something out there which excels at these 2 things, I will be happier as I will have more to choose from. Kudos to Ather for pushing everyone and in the process being pushed to do better. Hopefully, a longer range model soon…? :blush::heart:

11 Likes

@rajkumar.mishra2010 I believe what you say , makes sense !

If you give Ather also some time it will bring even better product :slight_smile:

I am just saying ola has better range nothing else rest all the things are better in Ather.

A person who cares all about is range and nothing else can go for ola :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Ola has a Motor driven by a belt and not a HUB motor, you can see a belt right below the suspension, A hub motor is built into the rear wheel and this is not the ola’s case

3 Likes

@power_light2000 What’s so much going on that wheel then ?

Still there are thermal issues with ola in hyper mode while Ather has no issues in wrap mode. :slight_smile:

1 Like

image Post By @srinivasaraju

You can see the Motor is IPM, while OLA is struggling with Thermal efficiency and BMS. Ather is not behind in terms of CS and software.

1 Like