New seat

Oh okay. The Ather stance is like that so need to adjust :sweat_smile::handshake:

1 Like

Now I’m wondering if I e the old seat or the new one …:joy: it’s stance is leaning for all you talk co-owners :nerd_face:

1 Like

I meant tall * omg this phone has a mind of its own :expressionless:

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:. Not at all accepted :person_shrugging::joy:

1 Like

I thought get the gen 1 seat modified to have a larger flat spot for the pilot but seems the frame in itself is curved up taking up half of riders seating space.

Looks like i have to shell out for the new seat after the failed jugaad attempt.

Mirrors and seat were design blunders in my opinion

6 Likes

Did anyone here get their Gen1 seat replaced with the new design? I just had Ather Service tell me that it affects the boot light sensor - it would keep the boot light on at all times - so not a good idea it seems.

Any solutions or advice please?

5 Likes

Got the free seat upgrade done today. Changed mirrors to Gen 3 for 1,500/-

Seat is awesome. No old sliding down while braking…! :heart::ok_hand:

New mirrors are so refreshing… No need to slouch to see more… the visibility is terrific…!

A day very well spent at the Vasai Ather Service Centre. Now time for a burger…!

8 Likes

What is the cost of new seat

5 Likes

3200 Rupees

6 Likes

Get it replaced before they change their mind, @raghav.srinivasan has also changed his seat and complained the same but he said glueing a magnet on the seat at the previously known location will solve the problem.

3 Likes

Oh nice, that sounds like a good workaround. Service center has just changed it mentioning the sensor caveat - delivery today. Will figure out this magnet option, thanks for the heads up

1 Like

I tried testing with one of those fridge magnets and it engages the electromagnetic relay to turn off the boot lamp.

Haven’t had a chance to fix it yet, but I honestly don’t care much about the battery drain as it’s minuscule in the overall daily usage I have

9 Likes

I am developing pain in my tail bone if i ride my Ather for more that 30km is this common on all bikes, is there a solution from Ather.

3 Likes

Are you facing same issue with new seat? I see this issue and facing issue in old seat

5 Likes

My ride is gen 2, am facing this problem only when i ride for more than 20km, will upgrading new seat solve my problem

5 Likes

Yes, definitely. If you’re 5’10" and above like me then the tailbone pain issue will be resolved. You can push back further so it’s more comfortable over longer rides.

3 Likes

Yes i am 6ft tall, is there any recall frm Ather or we have to buy from service

1 Like

If you have attended Community Day, it is free. Otherwise you can buy it. There is no recall happening.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Better modify the seat, rather than buying a new one, it will cost less and you can modify it according to your needs.

6 Likes