New model or New again

I’m pretty sure Gen 2 will get the new UI, as it’s currently tested for compatibility but for Gen 3 it’s 100% confirmed

5 Likes

I didnt wanna jinx the chances by being optimistic…never works for me… :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

I m still thinking if anything is in store Gen 1 owners.

At best, a farewell OTA?

4 Likes

weeeee geeeeeettttt nothing.

Gen 1 and 1.5 it’s an EOL and most likely have no future update as long as I have now seen, the updates are only focused on Gen 2 and 3

2 Likes

Add the mark, Gen 3.1 tooo :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If rumours are true a powerful model with 6.4 kw/hr and a smaller model will be launched it will be Gen4 and Ather Lite. Lets see how much it’s gonna be true

5 Likes

So this means they are literally trying to compete with top brands like UV and Ola .That’s a good move :zap::green_heart:

5 Likes

I think we will get new color in terms of hardware. And new UI refresh for software. I don’t think Ather will go for higher kw/hr battery.

6 Likes

Competitions :zap:…Expectations :heart_on_fire:

2 Likes

If I am not wrong, their won’t be new vehicle with higher range, as CEO in last GEN 3 launch conveyed as per the ride stats data in an avg. 30kms is per day commute. so 105km true range is sufficient. Looking at the pics their would be a new colour variant and some Change in UI of dashboard and few cool accessories.

As per charging infrastructure I assume they may collaborate with hero vida, to increase their charging infrastructure. As both scooter has same charging socket

5 Likes

Right from start, @tarun has maintained that Ather 450 is a City scooter and 75 km range will suffice for 90% customers. Any more battery will only lead to extra cost.

But, Ather cannot work in isolation without considering market demand & competition. Thats’ what made Ather to come up v2 and v3 with better ranges.

So, things can change. Every new version may have better range. It is important to do before Subsidy goes away.

Saying all that, for this launch → I think there may not be a long range scooter

5 Likes

Ather needs a cheaper model more than a higher-range variant. Current demand (8 to 9K per month) is nowhere near the production capacity (4.2 lakhs per annum or 35,000 per month). The demand plateaued despite the rapid expansion of new experience centers, and huge marketing spending. That is why they had to give a free extended warranty and other offers just after a few months of the new model (450x Gen 3) launch. Ather definitely needs to bring a cheaper variant sooner than later.

3 Likes

I think they’re really working on it. To bring out an Ather 450Lite but something must be limiting them. They might not be able get the price low enough or maybe they’re not ready for the scale. Ather always take the slower and more robust approach at everything. Just like the grid. After 2-2.5 years there were not too many grid chargers and in the last 6 months or so after the grid 2.0 they’ve been able to grow so quickly. They might be months to maybe a couple of years away from doing that with An affordable product. The affordable space is yet to be explored by newer players other than Bounce. Bounce has had a relatively good response but maybe after seeing how people react to Ola S1 Air in the market later this year, Ather might launch their 450lite to pick up the customers in the segment acquired by Ola S1Air but looking for something more trustworthy.
@tarun i hope this is the year you finally bring the Ather 450Lite to market. The size and form factor of the Ather also fits real well in that price segment.

4 Likes

That Lite model will be little later is what I guess. At least that’s what I could think of after listening to his latest podcast on Ken.

4 Likes

Lite model would be released quickly as there’s Ola S1 Air competing for it…However there’s no use of giving out a new model with big batteries in the sake of competing with UV as their deliveries have not yet started in India. Maybe a lite model would be better than a model with bigger battery…

3 Likes

Why is it that you have to post the production capacity vs production every time? Not every company produces at full they are just the numbers to show-tell, it’s better for their image. I hope supply vs demand plays a significant factor in the overall run and it’s not like they don’t want to produce at total capacity.

Coming to the Topic Ather decides very slowly, (like the Hazard light option yet to come) Ather Lite May be shown at the Meet but I don’t think so as they are letting it know that its a Community gathering event but still who knows what they might change at the last minute.

5 Likes

Yes but if these numbers are right. They’re only working at 20-30% capacity and yet the waiting periods are 1-2 months opposed to Ola’s 48hrs (or at least a week)

2 Likes

Slow and steady wins the race :zap::green_heart:…Number of units sold in Ola maybe more when compared to any other EV’s, but their quality and design isn’t complicated as our’s…Moreover the company always doesn’t work with 80-100% capacities…According to me what Ola is doing will be a major threat for them when their market goes down…Imagine when their markets move down and they work with 100% capacity…There will be more number of vehicles undelivered, as a result there would be no income and sales…This would make the company disintegrate and the employees would be ruthlessly fired in huge groups…To prevent this,keeping a normal set of production is always safer…Even though Ather markets go down now, there would be no major impact to them, as their production is slow…If you are waiting for an year to get a quality product then it’s worth it :100:

7 Likes

i hope they don’t just announce the software update on 7th, but release it also! don’t want to wait any longer, and also hoping they allow us to download it using wifi. such a basic setting (not even a feature) that even Ola has!

2 Likes

Never said the numbers are wrong, Ather may be planning something to boost the sales and long list of supplier issues. But if they launch the lite model now the 450x sales will take a huge hit on the other hand Ola has their own issues with front suspension breaking every other day to their overpriced service. but I think Ather has deliberately kept the waiting time high to create a perfect supply-demand.

2 Likes