New Ather 450S coming with full belt guard

Just saw a video that shows a full belt cover on 450s for latest models.

Should existing 450s users not get this upgrade/cover for free?

Video link: https://youtu.be/NZvwbYcaOSs?si=QfyNu1BQVwgWo4vx

6 Likes

Yes even I bought 450s recently they have included the belt guard similar to the one showcased in Apex plus I got bybre brakes instead of the non branded brakes what Ather used to provide with 450s

5 Likes

Weren’t they Bybre as well just with discrete branding on the inside instead of the face?

2 Likes

Yes, I wish we could get the belt cover

2 Likes

March 15 my 450s delivered, which have full belt cover bybre breaks

2 Likes

I bought 450s in dec, it is unfair that Ather is not providing belt cover for those who bought 450s earlier

@tarun you should give a free upgrade to all 450s owners who don’t have a belt cover

4 Likes

Welcome to world of Ather

7 Likes

They should offer it for free, or at least at very low cost. Right now would be a good time to start offering it, considering that monsoon is still few months away

4 Likes

I spoke with Service Team and AVSM from Ather

Both Said, Swingarm needs to be changed So I think its not possible to Change for Old Vehicles for Free :pensive:

1 Like

How much does swing arms cost? And what’s the cost for belt cover? Only swing arms needs to be changed right nothing else?

2 Likes

Swingarm cost will be around 4-5k

Belt Cover Price not yet listed for order nor available to repair order

Swing Arm + Bolts and Etc

Would cost overall apprx 7-8k

1 Like

Don’t you own both a Series 1 and an Apex, have you tried taking photos and some measurements of the old design and the new cover. Will be really helpful.

6 Likes

Why did Ather design the new belt cover with partial opening on the top? Why not design a fully enclosed cover? Wouldn’t the dust and dirt seep in through that opening at the top and make regular cleaning / washing difficult?

2 Likes

Maybe for Ventilation to the Secondary Belt and Wheel Pulley

Also I think, If They gave some Extention on the Current Swingarm at Two Places - Wheee can make it Backward Compatible - Donno why did they made it to equipped with Swingarm

3 Likes

I think if they would do a fully enclosed one then they would have to seal it up completely like Ola gen1 and that would require a major redesign.

With Half enclosed you will know and see if there’s and debris/water etc stuck since unless its fully sealed it can always get affected by external factors

2 Likes

My assumption is that this guard protects the belt from different weather conditions. The dirt will still get inside as there is no protection from the other side which faces the tire.

4 Likes

I think it’s just design element. Nothing to do with the protection as the wheel side is still wide open so dirt and water will still go through and make that choo-choo sound. This would make cleaning 100x difficult.

And if they enclose it completely then it might block the signature whee sound. So they don’t want that.

2 Likes

these two are the mounting points for cover.

3 Likes

And there is another change I noticed, the Ather wordings below the tail light is in white colour, like the apex

3 Likes

Some protection is better than no protection?

4 Likes