Motor and Powertrain

energy consumption will be more in stop and go traffic coz you need higher initial torque to get rolling and the frequency of that happening is higher in such conditions. Since you’re not gonna be moving very quickly n such conditions, you would want a dull response from throttle for the first quarter or so of the twist to save energy. But the same response would feel sluggish on open road. This is similar to eco, city and sport modes on cars these days. If you’ve ever driven one in eco mode, you’ll know how frustrating the response is if you have some free space. I guess ather needs an “even-more-eco mode” for such situations

2 Likes

Has @Ather.Team @ather_rajs.in done any crash test.
What is the impact of it on the battery pack?
How much damage could it suffer?
Also, what is the insurance covering?(does it include any towing service/charges when the battery is dead?)

3 Likes

Insurance is not provided by Ather, you need to take it from a third party (like Digit). So you are better off asking the Insurance providers.

1 Like

hello @Ather.Team what is this modification for ?

what is this meant for

3 Likes

Seems like a bigger fan for cooling the motor. It’s a Race tuned 450X so I think the motor heats up faster and needs faster cooling as well

6 Likes

so, do u think the output from motor will be 5kw constant

if that is the case even i want to know how to do that for weekend fun

4 Likes

What is the life expectation of the motor?

I would like to know the same as well. I’m on the fence right now. Have pre ordered it in Chennai. Been spending a lot of time in the forum and noticed that many issues slowly creeping up. I’m all for going green even with the one lakh price tag but if it’s having many problems after every OTA. Then I may need to rethink.

That’s true… This product is filled with bugs.

But, will you get such a powerful EV scooter anywhere else?

That’s one of the trade offs. Do I need the powerful electric scooter or do I need something stable without wanting to think about all these issues. I mean, sure there would be same or more hassles with ICE’s as well. Just trying to convince myself that if it’s really worth it now or should I get after it is well established?

1 Like

Very true about the trade-off. You could get, what i call, a barebone EV that is made up of a Battery and motor with a basic BMS or a more advanced one with all the bells and whistles controlled by drive by wire software.

This is a decision that only you can take. Quite a few of the Bangalore owners were enthusiasts or eco-warriors or geeks. Though we complain and rant about the firmware, we also understand this is a one of a kind vehicle - so all these bugs and issues are taken in the stride.

8 Likes

You could as well wait for another vehicle from Ather… By then, all the bugs will be gone!

Thanks. The dilemma is keeping me awake at nights. I now have a fifteen years old pulsar 150( the hoodibaba one). It’s truly been remarkable. But it’s time has come. This is the first time in all these years the engine is giving problem. I’m not servicing it. It will probably come for another year as well but not sure. I want to buy ather only given its long term gains. But I don’t want to buy when it’s buggy. I will probably come around it soon. My payment window is still three months away.

3 months is a lot of time. Regarding bugs…which software product doesn’t have bugs? Ather is still ahead of it’s competition in all aspects insipe of all bugs (I hope @Ather.Team doesn’t read this and get complacent).
Don’t think too much…In fact forget that you’ve booked something. That’ll help you more than anything. In those 3 months, Chetak will hopefully be available for a test ride at least. You can take a call after that.

9 Likes

You haven’t used the bike yet, as a end user, you wont face any problems.
At max you might have occasional screen freezing, that too just brakes & start it’s restarted in 5 seconds.

Apart from that it’s an excellent bike and one of a kind quality EV.

I am in a dilemma too, but it’s about whether to buy 2nd Ather bike or to wait for Next version in Ather with larger battery or range upgrade in future :smiley:

Somewhere i read @Ather.Team saying the cost of battery pack costs around 25 to 30k, if it’s so, i would be ready to pay for it if there is an option to have double the battery capacity, as with 150 Km range, it would open up a lot of possibilities and relieve the range anxiety for now.

3 Likes

From what I’ve gathered. This isn’t presently Possible. But Ather did say that they’re working on a more energy dense battery that MAY be available when we reach the end of our present battery. So theres a good possibility that when we change our batteries we might end up with a scooter with better range than the one we’ve bought now.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s good to know :blush:

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Range of the Ather 450

2 posts were split to a new topic: M017 & M019 Errors