Maintenance and Service

Sorry, I do not want Vacation Mode, I want 'Shutdown’ mode. I do not want to lose 4~5km while my 450 is parked for 8-9 hours.

12 Likes

No one wants to loose 4-5 km out of 65 km saar. Vacation mode or shut down mode, they need to make up their mind as to what they want to call it.

1 Like

What I meant is that, I do not want to have a mode which can be used ‘sparingly’. Lets have a mode which we can use it daily or whenever we want irrespective of any condition to save energy/battery.

7 Likes

I made fun of that MCB switch on another EV. Well, Karma is coming to bite us in the backside.

10 Likes

Here the ignition key is MCB, only avatar is different :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good day Rajesh,

I’m to buy 2 450s. One for myself and 1 for my dad. His daily consumption is exactly 48 kms. So losing 4 to 5 kms is a lot!

Is this shut down mode problem still persistent? Even in chennai athers? The launch was delayed because of some quality issue. Was this it?

Thanks

Hi Abhijit

Still there is an issue in Shutdown hence we are asked not to do this if the battery level (called it as SoC -state of change) is above 60%.

However i am confident that Ather will come up with a solution very soon… So, don’t get panic.

48km is not a big number at all…That too in Chennai…I do clock 40km daily.

So in one line answer, just go ahead.

4 Likes

All Athers are same…there’s nothing called as Chennai Athers :slight_smile:

Jokes apart, 48kms in a city like Chennai with hardly any elevation differences is nothing to worry about. You can even do it in Sports mode without shutting down. Just for your comparison, I ride 55 kms a day in Bengaluru and I never Shutdown durinv office hours. I lose 2kms range in that duration but still nothing to worry.

Initially I used to worry when some of my colleagues ask for a test ride. I wanted them to experience Sports mode but fear losing range. One day I took a long extension cable and kept it for charge and sent messages to my team members that they can test ride how much ever they want as I’ve got charging infrastructure in place. Now that almost everyone has experienced, it’s back to normal.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the info both of you. Appreciate it. It’s cool then. I’ll not ask him to shutdown on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I drive almost 70km per day and I am worried if I am able to complete the trip without charging in between ?

1 Like

70 will be pushing it to the limit. Never push any electronic product to its limits on a daily basis.

2 Likes

If you have at least two Athers in your office, Ather team can install a charging pod free of cost. So you can charge during your office hours for a quick top up.

4 Likes

70km in Chennai is cake walk…Easy and quite doable

9 Likes

Agree with @rajeshkav 70 is definitely doable in Chennai. But if you are still not sure, couple of options to consider-

1. it would be a good idea to identify Ather grids en route if you need a quick top up for a few minutes (= to few kms).

2. Also recommend getting a portable charger if you can manage to find/get a plugpoint near the parking area… No harm in requesting your workspace for one,i tried and it worked out🙂

4 Likes

Hi @prvn.exe,
Any update on your battery?
I haven’t got any update on mine.

1 Like

No, no updates on mine either.

Now even I am a victim of the frequent shutdown problem. My father used to shut down the scooter everyday. Today, it doesnt turn on. Thought of searching about the issue on the forum and eneded up here. The thing is that the Ather is used in Shivamogga. I think I am screwed now. :flushed:

Oops… You may need to bring (through some other transportation) it to Bangalore unless Ather can suggest better way

1 Like

Yes. Will talk to Ather customer care tomorrow. Probably, I will need to ship it by lorry. Hope they have some other way.

9 posts were split to a new topic: Auto indicator off issue