Maintenance and Service

I had a puncture recently and I took my scooter to a local puncture guy. Because of the absence of the centre stand, he told me to bend the scooter on the side stand so that he could check for the puncture. I was apprehensive about whether it can bear the weight safely and we ended up lifting the scooter.

Is it safe to bend the scooter on the stand? Can it bear the load?

@Ather.Team

3 Likes

Straight answer from someone who got a heartattack when creaking noise came. NO!!!.
Use a paddock stand when doing tyre stuff, if not available then i have no solution. I did it once, and am not doing it again, dont know whats the build is like for the side stand

4 Likes

You can ask the puncture guy to put two old tyres on the ground and lie down the scooter on it. That’s the best way to do it. As most puncture guys won’t have the paddock or whatever stand that is.

10 Likes

Nifty idea!

We had to literally lift the rear up. :sweat_smile:

I would like to narrate briefly about today’s Experience with the Ather Service and maintenance department @Ather.Team .
I Parked my flight in the college parking lot and attended classes , when i returned i was shocked to see that the handle gripper of both the left and right sides were stolen . i immediately called the customer care and asked them how much would the replacement cost, they replied saying that it would cost around 250 to 500rs and they asked me to come to IBC Knowledge Park. As they told me that it would cost under 500rs , i went to IBC Knowledge park from Yelahanka, I didn’t find any difference in the performance of the vehicle but as the gripper was not there my hands started to hurt . as it is very sharp as seen in the picture15%20PM|281x500
I reached IBC around 3.15pm, called the customer care and informed them that i was here, they send a person from the service team after 15mins , the service executive came and inspected the vehicle , i asked him if it could be replaced, HE said that the left side can be replaced easily and the right side could also be done , I asked him for the estimation he told me that the service team would contact me. i waited in IBC for 90 mins and had no response from the team. I called them repeatedly but they kept telling that well get back to you in 20 mins but no reply after that, Finally after 2hours of waiting the service personnel calls me and tells me that they just finished working on my vehicle and they said that they would deliver the vehicle to me in 15 mins. Just 10 mins after this call I get another call from ather saying that the replacement for the left side costs 280rs and for the right side costs 2600rs.
I was shocked after listening to this i asked them why it costs such much , they told me that the gripper comes molded with the throttle and as it has a ride by wire system the whole unit has to be replaced and the whole unit costs 2600rs, I asked them that IF THE GRIPPER WAS MOLDED HOW WAS IT REMOVED FROM THE HANDLE IN THE FIRST PLACE for this the Ather team told me that i cant answer this question. I was very disappointed hearing this, I told them to just slide the rubber gripper into place but they refused me saying that the whole throttle assembly has to be changed . As this was a VERY VERY EXPENSIVE option i asked them to return the vehicle , they agreed to it and for some strange reason took 1 hour to return the vehicle.
I went to IBC because @Ather.Team told me that the replacement would cost under 500rs , i traveled 30 kms for this very reason , and on arrival at IBC they tell me that it’ll cost around 3000 rs for gripper replacement is completely absurd, i don’t know why i’ve been given two different versions for the solution of the same issue. Being an Engineering student with mechanical background i was not convinced with the versions given by the concerned person, for the issue mentioned earlier. I was annoyed with the options suggested by Ather , alas I decided not to get the grippers replaced by Ather .
I hear by like to inform you that i went to a near by automobile shop and got a pair og grippers which is suitable for my vehicle for 350rs and replaced it by myself and rode the vehicle back home.
I regret to say that i had a bitter and bad experience with @Ather.Team (Ather service and maintenance department) and wish that this type of experience should not repeat for any other “proud ATHER owners”.

21 Likes

In short:

In IBC office while I was using Ather grid to charge my 450, I met @archith98 today.

I saw his vehicle both side ripper (both side) was stolen in his college while parking.

He came from yelahanka (after talking to CS) to IBC for replacing the newerbgripper @rs 500 (initial cost told) at 3:clock1030: and his vehicle was taken for replacement.

Next update was at 6 - (price changed from 500 to 2800)

At 6:30, When I was speaking to him, Service team member came to return his vehicle without replacing the gripper, (aschith cancelled the request) I asked the reason ST member told, he cannot replace only gripper, he need to change complete set of (gripper, accelerating handle, inner and outer cable) told would cost 2500 - 2800.

Honest question,

Why does Ather service team need to change complete set it only gripper got stolen?

Why does Ather does not provided gripper like outside automobile shop for rs 300 + GST?

Where was communication gape made between customer service or service team made archit to travel from Yelahanka to IBC ???

I believe same gripper can be used either left hand or right side no special engineering required only on right hand side.

Does Ather gripper was on stock when he asked for replacement???

#save_customers

@tarun FYI,

11 Likes

If at all they had to replace entire wiring, the bike was already working. Throttle was working. Just the left side gripper could also be put on right…

2 Likes

Is doorstep service not part of the Ather one plan to new customers? If yes, surprised why he was asked to come over instead of scheduling it…

5 Likes

am sure many of us wouldn’t like this experience but have experienced by this time atleast once…
but most of us never talk about this as love for the flight is overriding all the odds associated
but this is hampering customer experience after customer is on-board…
which i was discussing with Tarun when i met him

hope this will improve real quick

8 Likes

Hey!

Sad to know that there are idiots in the parking lot.

You said Yelahanka right?
Are you from Reva University?
If so message me and we (as EV owners), can request the management for parking inside the campus ( with some fee ofcourse)
Or we can park the Ather’s in one place…

There are probably 4-5 Ather owners in the college…

1 Like

Even I park mine in the parking lot outside the campus, so that might be dangerous to me too… I have saved only 2500₹ for the charger​:pleading_face::pleading_face:

6 Likes

I have never heard of fused grippers onto throttle. Ride by wire etc has no relation to grips and they are roll-ons for any bike rich or poor. Some shops do dumb Installations by applying fusion adhesives and heating to make this permanent but that would again entail removal of the entire assembly if the grip tears. I do not know who would agree to that?
The concept of grip is that it is a size smaller and elastic hence never slips…

1 Like

That is exactly what i asked them, Thet said that they couldn’t do that as the gripper is moulded to the whole throttle assembly.

3 Likes

It Happened in the parking lot of NMIT

1 Like

Ather told me that it would take 1 day for them to collect the vehicle and return it, So i said that i’ll come
to IBC

Good to know that @archith98.

1 Like

Ohhh okay… Still request management for a seperate parking for EV scooters… If you can…

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I just want to tell you all about the issue I faced with my Ather 450 today.
I charged the vehicle on Sunday evening and had shutdown the vehicle after it was fully charged. I usually shutdown the vehicle like this every night once I’m back home and then turn it back on the next morning when I take it out. But today, when I tried to turn the key on, the vehicle did not respond. I tried the reset option (both brakes + hold start button for 5 seconds), but it did not work. I tried to plug in the charger hoping that somehow the vehicle turns on, but no it did not. When connected, the green light on the home pod was blinking which indicates the vehicle is charging but the solenoid was not locked.
After all these failed attempts to turn on the vehicle, I called Ather Customer Care who scheduled a tow truck to pick up my vehicle. I’m happy that they addressed this issue quickly and my Ather was picked within an hour or so.
My vehicle is now at their service station and I am told to expect an update on it by 11:30 AM tomorrow. I hope my vehicle gets fixed soon and I get back to riding on it for my daily commutes.

PS - This is the first issue(hope it’s the last issue as well) I’ve faced after riding the vehicle for just over 1100 kilometres apart from the screen freezing once before!

6 Likes

I faced the C014 charging fan error last week. The bike wouldn’t charge using the home charger. It would only charge at the grid. I got it rectified in a day from the service centre at IBC. This was the only real issue I faced riding for nearly 3,000 kms

6 Likes

did u enquire the cause