Maintenance and Service

Biilekahalli(home) - Bommanahalli-HSR-Agara-Belandur-Marathahalli (office)
puncture keen areas

1. Agara stretch towards belandur stretch
  2. HSR to Bommanahalli stretch
  3. Bommanahalli to Bilekahalli stretch
1 Like

True… When going in Whitfield stretch I used to get easily 1 puncture every 3 weeks where I used to keep one tube all the time :wink:

And puncture shop will suggest Tyre change if you have tube :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Only option for you is the carrot and stick… Er … actually, magnet and stick. Dangle a magnet infront of the bike and hope it picks up nails before your tyre does

Here is the story of Bengaluru’s nail collector!

https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/bangalore/cover-story/goodbye-bengaluru-says-namma-nailman/articleshow/57026784.cms

10 Likes

Interesting and inspiring story…

2 Likes

Hi guys

Iam from Chennai and I pre-booked the ather 450.

The maintenance and service is so confusing for me because today I visited ather space in Chennai and upon discussing with the staffs there it seems that this vechicle also need to be serviced 5k kms/6 months once and the price for service would be around 1500 rs.

Even a bikes service also doesn’t cost much because last month I changed my bike’s camshaft ,oil pump and along with oil and general services which all cost up to 2700 RS.

Therefore if compared it seems that maintaining ather 450 seems expensive.

Hence can any ather owner who has finished 2 or more service can explain and share their service cost please ?

2 Likes

I guess it’s some miscommunication…

With Ather one subscription for first year your service including parts and labor everything is free.

Even after subscription over, it should not cost 1500 and it depends on parts. You can check the website for charges for labor, pickup and spare parts.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I have clocked 1800 KM so far in my 450 and have not noticed any major issues in bike to schedule for service.

Does it mandatory to service bike after riding 1.5 KM and again after 5000km? If I skip, does it end up in any major issues which I need to meet later?

Apart from disc pad and fluid refills, what are the other services required for EV?

Thank You.

1 Like

Who picks up and drops our vehicles when they are going in for service? I’ve heard from a friend of mine (not on the forum) who had sent his ather for service and it came back all dirty and a part of ‘E’ had come off. Has the quality of service actually come down?

1 Like

Pick up and drop service is provided by Ather Runners. I have used them all the time say at least dozen times. So far I have not faced any issues.

However we cannot blame them for

a) Low efficient driving, they are not.
b) It got dirty at times. I cannot blame them either because it was raining.
c) there are various ways in which these can be better done (say service/delivery). All the time, I had given my feedback and quality has improved over the time.

Above are my feedback and it may differ from the rest. What I really liked most is that they 'listen’ to my feedback and never ignored.

7 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I saw some more complaints from others on the forum regarding the service. Let’s see when I give mine for service what the experience is. Hopefully it’s positive.

Thanks @pkg7723

I have done with foam washing for my Ather at location provided and price was RS 100 (value for money)

• Foam washing was good.
  • Blowed high pressure air to remove retained water
  • Wiped bike with wet clothes.

Address :
K A Car & Bike Wash (Shiva bike Wash)
No 33, 1, 8th Main Rd, Basaveshwar Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560079
063605 23711
https://maps.app.goo.gl/FGGm19zSYmoLCEqN6

9 Likes

This time I used Moto Max cream instead of insta shine… Was happy with the result…

After wiping with soft cloth, no residue left.

13 Likes

Did he use pressure wash on touch screen and power plugin :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

My grouse is that every part has sharp edges. It really is a pain to clean the vehicle.

5 Likes

Yes…That’s true and irritates!!

1 Like

Where exactly is their service center? Also is there an option to drop and pickup the vehicle on my own?

3 Likes

It is at IBC Knowledge Park at Bannerghatta Road (near Dairy Circle). Upon booking the service, you can specify to customer care that you do not need pick and drop service.

2 Likes

Yes. It is 3rd time pressure wash. No concerns so far.

4 Likes

@srivatsabs24… Thanks for sharing bro… Did Ather give a loaner vehicle for the meantime, to fix the issue

1 Like

Why did you remove the post mate?

1 Like