Maintenance and Service

Not at all, this is a one off case which occurred unfortunately, that we couldn’t solve immediately. In such cases, the scooter spends a longer time in the service center so the engineering team can figure out the root cause and make appropriate changes. I’m sure many owners can testify the quality of their scooters and the service :smiley:

The belt is essentially elastic so it’s kept at a certain optimal tension for smooth running and minimisation of noise.

Due to regular use, and in cases like a Puncture where there could be additional stress on the belt, it can go out of spec.

The retensioning is done during the periodic service intervals as well

1 Like

Hey Karthik, What makes you think that Ather service team is not upto the mark? I haven’t faced any major issues with my 450 till date. Ather service team is top notch. You raise any issue, they will come home, diagnose the issues, take it to the service center if required, get it fixed ASAP and return it back to you. I haven’t seen any other company who is so pro actively listening to customers and having their vehicles fixed so soon.

4 Likes

I thought because i m hearing a lot of unsolved issues or complaints after service.

That’s mostly because only issues get reported. Also once problems are solved, people don’t come back and report it as solved (not blaming them). When there are no issues, no one reports as there is nothing to report obviously. Someone reading these (like you) will feel that there are only problems and they are unresolved too.

I’m also not saying that there aren’t problems…there definitely are issues. Some issues have not been solved, some issues have been recurring, some issues are really scary and dangerous. People who’ve experienced it will be angry and they have every right to be. All I’m saying is that they are not deal breakers.

Your experience with Okinawa service may be good, but personally I’ll prefer an advanced product with issues than a crappy product (no offense) without issues. Of course I wish for an advanced product without any issues. That will come over time (that ‘time’ may be quite long sometimes).

10 Likes

@karthikramiyer,

I have been using Ather for almost a year and have dealt with Ather Customer Service quite a few times and to be Honest, I have never had any major issues with them! Like @hemanth.anand mentioned, the Good Services never get highlighted or reported and hence you feel that all issues are in negative light, but that is not the case!!!

1 Like

I got a call from CS, they are going to keep the bike for 10 More days, to change some wiring and test for fews days. They assured me to provide a standby bike my tommorow hope I get it. @abhishek.balaji thanks for your response.

2 Likes

My bike is still in service, yesterday I got a standby bike and today while riding I got this MO45 error. I am know worried to take this bike on road. My bad continue with Ather. @abhishek.balaji please what should I do ? I called CS no response… I get a messy they will call me back …

1 Like

You are not alone! My bike also had issues. Low power mode issue and sudden restart while driving. 2 weeks back Ather took my bike and serviced. I was told that there is no issue with it. I was also told that wire harness is loose and they are correcting it. They returned it after service. However, low power mode issue returned today. It is making too much noise and a rattling sound in front console. I purchased this bike for my wife and now I am regretting my decision. I am seriously thinking to sell it off and go for something else. I may even return to ICE bike. Electric bike market still needs to mature, not right time to venture if you want peace of mind.

Sorry Ather, you disappointed me big time!

6 Likes

Today took delivery of flight… drove to home I.e around 16 kms again tried starting it but it never switched On …dashboard was blank … after multiple attempts on & off by key the scooter finally rebooted… feeling sad as I just took the delivery of new vehicle and this problem occured.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji I understand this is a one off case and it takes time for engineering team to find the cause. Would it help if such cases are categorised as long service and something and provide a loaner vehicle for the time. Because there customer is anyway loosing his/her time with the vehicle

3 Likes

Sometimes even if the dash is blank the motor will start when you use the Brakes+ignition combo.

1 Like

Oh mayur…Very sad to hear this.You took vehicle with so much expectations.All ended up with sad.Today i was just discussing regarding the issues with tarun.He told everything is with harness.I didnt understand why they didnt change the configuration of wiring harness eventhough the problem is seen on few scooters( but remember that the problem is repeating atleast for 1 in 100 customers).Money is money for everybody. Very sad to hear this. I accept that this is occuring only in remote cases.But why the problem cant be rectified.Tarun told that for every problem,ather will do root cause analysis and solve the same.Then why the problem? Is it problem with recent batches? With news like this, confidence is getting lost on you. @abhishek.balaji @tarun @ather.team

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: M017 & M019 Errors

Exceptionally brilliant explanation from a mechanical engineer.With these details keeping in mind only i asked tarun during today’s open house.But he was very much confident that the problem is due to harness.I also suspect that Ather is clueless on the root cause of this issue.They may be correcting on trial and error.If they found the root cause,it would be documented.Is any document available? The system of document keeping should be followed as per ISO standards as part of Configuration management. I hope they are keeping. If there is a product there will be problems.Dont worry Ather. Your team is capable.It is also good that you r giving alternate scooter also.But u can avoid this so as not to lose confident on customer. If u know the exact reason, you can Atleast do remedial actions in future batches. Respond ather… @abhishek.balaji.

3 Likes

After seeing these kind of things. I think ather is gonna loose it’s trust.

2 Likes

@Ather.Team I am really worried now…!!

Please consider downgrading the software to a lower stable version, untill all these issues are resolved…

Consider, I don’t have an alternative mode of commute and am dependent on the Ather 450. Then these kind of serious issues will hurt a lot… :worried:

1 Like

@Ather.Team please fix all major issues for the upcoming deliveries. Not saying that currently delivered should be forgotten. At least Any such major issue is a deal breaker for both customer and ather. All known major hardware issues must not occur in future deliveries. Please look into it. I have pre ordered the 450. Now worried knowing these issues are happening.

I am getting anxious (actually nervous) reading about the issues as my Ather 450 will go for registration in a couple of days. I hope Team Ather will not let me/us down. Assurances from Tarun Ji and Swapnil Ji would be better.

Solution is not pressing the brakes and turning on with a switch but prevention of the issue.

3 Likes

I am wondering why there is no response(from ather) for these comments. @abhishek.balaji