Maintenance and Service

Today twice while driving , got the motor over heat error with reduced performance, after switching off twice, error went away, why this error occurs ? even when you have proper air cooling and the vehicle has just started !

As a Mechanical Engineer, i understand that any noise created for long time, will have an impact on the reliability of the product, i feel the motor makes more noise during the start and at the end of the driving cycle, if this occurs on continuous basis for long time, this will result in any motor component failure, what to do to reduce the motor noise !

1 Like

Even i had the same issue twice last month and have had vehicle towed twice. Ather service informed that the issue is with harness wiring. They will fix it at no extra cost.

1 Like

Are you saying about belt noise or the motor noise ?

Hope you’ve reported this to customer service to get it checked.

Some noise at the start and end of the drive cycle are normal for the 450 and won’t affect component reliability in the long run . EVs in general have much lower vibrations compared to ICE vehicles. If you’re curious, we’ve written about this as well:

3 Likes

yes its motor noise which is high during start and end

same is the case with belt noise is high as well

Hi, :pray: @Ather.Team
My 450 went to service for 2times & problems still there (ODO is 1000kms)

1st service reason
–> front suspension attached cable was rubbing with body and little vibration.

1st service result
–> cable again rubbing problem
–> scooter noise increased from 9km/h up to 40km/h with lot of vibrations even 75km/h speed also.(Because SOP has done)

So same issue again scooter went 2nd time service & result is
–> Cable problem cleared temporarily
–> abnormal noise still there starts from 9km/h
–> while driving am feeling motor belt having to much tight
–> Vibration frequently increasing again up to top speed

Before taking delivery discussed with Vikaram
–> cable problem will be permanently solved in few weeks because the re routing design is going on .
–> for noise and vibration we r doing as per SOP only & Maintained the motor belt as per SOP frequency only…

But, still am getting same issue …Why ?

I thought ,
The motor belt frequency set by service team.
That is used motor belt not to for new motor belt…
Because my ODO is less then 1000kms .(motor belt reset will be doing at 5000kms)

So, please check and compare
the SOP of used motor belt and new motor belt .(when we took scooter from showroom)

3 Likes

Here is my feedback on my first on-demand service at 557km on Odo due to some obvious issues with these scooter noticeable such as annoying vibrating belt noise at low speeds, high overnight discharge rate for my batteries, etc. Trust me it was not a smooth sail… :roll_eyes:

Pros

1. Booking slot for service was easy by calling CC.
  2. Pick-up guy on time for picking up my vehicle from home.
  3. Pick-up guy took all details of the complaints but missed few.
  4. Status of the service was sent on SMS at regular stage of service
  5. Before delivery, service in-charge personnel called me and informed all the work done.
  6. Delivery guy made the delivery of the at doorstep on time.

Cons

1. After booking the slot, no one bothered to call to inform me about the preparedness for the service hand over. I thought my scooter will be picked up in a van, I was wrong service pick-up guy came on Vogo bike and at that time my scooter was having just 10km charge left and service pick-up guy need to wait for almost 45min to take the vehicle. He left his Vogo scooter at my parking later to be picked up delivery guy.
  2. Water service was really bad, with all stains on vehicle was delivered. I had to wash once again and applied polish. :angry:

3. Vehicle was delivered with new scratches and dirt on the floor board. This I was not at all expected. See the images below

4. Not all complaints raised during service are addressed such as loose side stand, loose throttle, No scratch guard was provided as promised during sales.
  5. When I was taking delivery of my scooter at Ather Space, they promised they will provide screen guard for all scooter once the vehicle comes for the service. They didn’t. :frowning:
  6. Overall it was good service experience with few glitches.
  7. On top all the above, Its been more than 5 days since the service, I have provided all the above service feedback to customer care, Ather service email feedback and sent images through whatsapp to the service advisers, NO ONE FROM ATHER BOTHERED TO CALL BACK ON THE SERVICE FEEDBACK, which is pathetic and reduce our confidence in the service department.
7 Likes

For my scooter screen guard provided at service time.
After service there is no feedback calls it’s bad.

At low speed (9 to 25kmph) too noise and too vibration still there…
& Also
Feeling vibration in Top speed…

2 Likes

Today morning I gave my vehicle for service. By 4.30 I got my vehicle back. Best thing they collected from office and gave before leaving office. Very nice Chennai service team.

7 Likes

I’ve always done this. I find this to be one of the perks of owning a 450. Their service centre in Bangalore is closer to my office and I need to ride to office anyway, so I fix a time at say, 10am and they come and pick it up from my office. Owning a Honda Dio before this, I’d have to wait for the weekend before I give it for a service. And then there’s a long queue🤦🏻‍♂️

4 Likes

@Ather.Team we seriously need a good service team who actually listens to us and provide the best possible solution. I am following Ather since you launched and we seriously believe your bikes are really superb to use but service is one of the most important element which needs to be looked on…

After giving my Ather for service for the 1st time , I seriously saw lot of changes in the performance and again my Ather was picked today and serviced… I have just ride 1000 km , and already 2 services are done. I hope I don’t give it for services again due to same issues…!! Today also, for 10 min Ather screen went blanked and i again got in tension as to what will I do as I was very far away. But luckily it Switched on and was ready to go…!! These breakdowns are really scary as whole country is new to the technology of EV vehicles…!!

@Ather.Team, just curious; but can we add a bypass switch which works as an emergency bypass for similar cases with limited function and helps get to safety at least in a limited way?

I am from Surat, Gujarat and have pre-booked a 450X. I am worried about how will i get my regular maintenance and service of my 450X?

Folks - another issue today.
I came back from office at 5:30 and parked the vehicle and again at around 9pm I switched on the vehicle to move out nothing is switching on including the power, screen. Not able to switch on the vehicle too. Had to tow it myself to my porteco. When I connect the charger, it doesn’t charge and nothing happens accept the solenoid noise comes in. The charger dock is displaying red colour.

@Ather.Team - it’s high time the customer care are available till 10/11 pm. Now I will have to wait till 9am morning to call the customer care. I have to reach office by 9:30 and will have to drive down by leaving early and can’t check on some of the tips that the customer care will ask me to do. And I am sure a day will be wasted in picking up the vehicle for any checkup.

These are some of the problems they need to address as their customer vase is increasing.

1 Like

Try restarting the vehicle. Key on, Hold brakes + ignition + indicator cancel for a few seconds. If that doesn’t work, turn off the vehicle and try the restart a little later. Or leave the key on for a while, turn off after a bit and then switch on.

But, assuming you’ve already some combination of the steps above, any chance your battery has drained?

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji recently got a puncture fixed on my vehicle by a service technician and he’d also fixed the belt tension because it was loose.

Could you enlighten me on why the belt tension gets loose? Or is there a way to prevent belt tension from getting loose, by adjusting my riding pattern or something?

AFAIK, once you put back the tyre, the belt (or even bike chain) gets loose or tight depending on how the tyre was placed back in the slot.

1 Like

Yes I considered that. But I’ve never removed the tyre. And the service technician didn’t need to remove the tyre to fix the puncture either.

1 Like

Unsolved mysteries of the universe!

1 Like

You really need to sleep bro :joy:

1 Like