Maintenance and Service

Well, i searched all over the internet and did tried a to z in the past for several months.
Only practical working solution i found was this to avoid rats near bikes/cars.
(I have around 5 of them in my home)

2 Likes

Short of wrapping the cables in a steel mesh (like the ones used in Bathroom faucets), there isn’t much that you can do. I have a similar issue where a bunch of rats use my car battery as a dining table. I’ve tried pepper spray, ultrasonic repellers, 3M rat repellent spray but none work for more than a week.

Eventually I came to realize that the surrounding area contributed to the problem. You need to make sure there are no food sources near your parking spot (garbage bins, open drains etc) and try to block all possible entry points into your compound. This is however difficult in apartments since you have no control over the common areas.

4 Likes

Thanks , i have a small lawn of 8x6 ft, this also acts as a rain water harvesting for all the water to collect and use it as a drain for my 30x60 house, unfortunately for the sake of EV, i dont want to get away with my greenery

have kept the complete area , clean and tidy without any garabage but still my observation is RAT’s are coming when i plug the charger over night, now i have to stop over night charging , which means i will never get a full charge in day time

2 Likes

This might seem obvious and not a preferred solution for many. Have you considered raising a cat? You could adopt one from blue cross and raise it near your garage/lawn. It is a natural predator for rats.

1 Like

Its a common problem. I once spent 90k for my car due to rat problem. Use this:

Didn’t your insurance cover this ?

Why use a paddock
Do one thing you must buy a wheel roller which is available at Amazon
That is also quite good

2 Likes

Didn’t Warranty or Insurance cover this…??? :worried:

No Insurance covers Rat bite, digit edge insurance from Ather doesnt cover the expenses

1 Like

I recommend ather service team to add below point to their checklist and ensure to check before delivering vehicle to customer.

1. Replace the disc brake pad for both wheels.
  2. Press brake liver to action disc brake pad.
  3. Check wheel rotation. If rotation is harder and creates rotation issues by rubbing disc brake.
  4. Remove disc brake pad, grid the pad little and get adjusted to check which does not create rotation issues.

Reason why i am mentioning this, the current service team has mindset, Once disc brake is replaced every vehicle has rubbing issue with disc and come to conclusion, if vehicle runs and rubs disc sometime then both disc and pad will get adjusted.

They will not be knowing the effect until vehicle delivered to owner. The owner who rides vehicle will understand the real pain.

In my case, after i received vehicle from 5K service, i felt acceralation performance and pickup was lower and in app effeciency was increased from 30 to 55 and 5KM true range was reduced.
Whenever i touch disc i was able to feel the hotness and around 800km which my disc and pad took to get it adjusted.

Bit disappointed moment and scary to send vehicle for next 10K service.

I am planning to replace disc pad by own before i send vehicle to 10k service and request ather not to touch wheels or disc pad.

8 Likes

Replacing on our own is definitely not the solution, definitely feedback to the servicing team would be important to rectify the shortcomings.

Sure. If service team acknowledge my request then we can happily give vehicle for service.
The concern, 450 has minimal service effort like adjusting belt drive and re-fill brake fluid and replacing disc pad which was unsatisfied experience which i had. Hence came up with mind of doing service by own instead.

3 Likes

I am not a frequent user as my company provides me cab. As a result I keep my New Ather 450 charged in my apartment parking.

Will I loose battery charge even if the vehicle is not used for few days?

Yes…that is called vampire drain. After the latest update, I’ve observed that you’ll lose approximately 7% of charge per day (without using and without charging the scooter). If you Shut down, you’ll lose approximately 1% of charge per day.

Caution: do not shut down if the Charge levels are above 60%.

3 Likes

How is the dashboard and scooter working for you??

Woah this is kind of out of the blue, you replied to something I said weeks ago.

So far, things are good.
One of the panels near the ignition seems to be coming loose, however, it’s pretty minor.
I wish the dashboard was quicker and more responsive, but it gets the job done. Occasionally I get GPS navigation stuck in a position and it won’t update.
There is a rattling noise coming from the back when driving on bumpy roads.
Auto brightness does not seem to work consistently, it set brightness to like 80% at 7:30 pm, which is blindingly bright.

But overall, very comfortable and I’m satisfied with my purchase.

1 Like

I am facing a lot of issues on my scooter and i guess my scooter is the fastest to go for service and the only scooter in athers history to go for service like 4 times in 1.5 months.

How much km run…
What’s the problems…

My Flight today itself went for service 2nd time before completing 1 month and ODO is 900

Problems:

1. front wheel left side suspension attached cancel was rubbing with scooter body .
  2. more strong vibration and to much irritation noise .

1.6k odo reading and i had a problem of motor cut off

Today twice while driving , got the motor over heat error with reduced performance, after switching off twice, error went away, why this error occurs ? even when you have proper air cooling and the vehicle has just started !

As a Mechanical Engineer, i understand that any noise created for long time, will have an impact on the reliability of the product, i feel the motor makes more noise during the start and at the end of the driving cycle, if this occurs on continuous basis for long time, this will result in any motor component failure, what to do to reduce the motor noise !

1 Like