Maintenance and Service

The problem occured. When the vehicle ran into 1/2 ft water clogged area. Since ather told it can withstand 1 feet water. I drove and then after few minutes I experienced this problem…

How do we go about this ?
We have two Athers in our office space.

You can contact Ather. If your office premises allows, Ather should be able to install free of charge.

For Bangalore it was @nishant.dk. not sure who takes care in Chennai.

16 posts were split to a new topic: Touch screen not working issue

4 days back , I had parked he scooter outside in sun for about 2 hrs, then came back and turned on the key and started, while turning the throttle, could sense heat coming from the throttle assembly, like hot air blown over the hand , I could literally feel the heat on my hand while accelerating, is this common, as this is the first time I have experienced in 4 months now , I could feel hot air being blown over the hand coming from inside the throttle assembly.
later after that day , I have not faced this issue , any one has faced this …

1 Like

@sachinshastry12 Three days ago, your scooter didn’t start as the vehicle was shut down daily. Just curious to know why you were shutting down daily. Had you not seen the below post by @Shreyas on September 27th?

Nope. I just saw the post 3 days ago, after the problem started. Also its my father who uses this scooter daily. He never knew that Shut Down was to be used as ‘Vacation Mode’. To prevent range leakage, he used to shut it down everyday. He confused it to be like our computer, which we will usually shut down everyday.

4 Likes

Oh! that’s sad.

Hey @abhishek.balaji , just like this case, it is definitely possible that many owners may not have seen the post about not shutting down the scooter. This is a very critical piece of information that all owners must know. My suggestion for you guys at Ather would be to send out an email and/or SMS to all owners about this. Can you take this up?

9 Likes

Noted, will take this up with the team. We’re also notifying users via a notification through the Ather app, will explore email/SMS and call while the issue is being investigated.

9 Likes

Today, when I returned home, I observed that the piece of plastic covering the motor fan has fallen off somewhere on the road.

Had I known where it fell, I could’ve fit it back but I don’t know where it fell down. So, I called the customer care and asked them to install a new one. It’ll be done on Monday. The Executive told me that he’s however unsure whether it’ll be chageable or not.

It was not a very nice fitting piece from the beginning and it gave up finally. This was the exact observation made in Team-BHP’s official review too

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/207297-ather-450-electric-scooter-detailed-review.html#post4554475

5 Likes

it happened multiple times during my long rides

but most of the time, i was lucky to find it stuck between stuff i place on floor board!

even service team couldn’t help as it is due to cheap plastic Ather choose in that area, so they end-up placing adhesive like feviquick to secure it

but Ather should consider improving plastic quality and design in this area covering motor, controller and the fan…

3 Likes

Been there, done that. I was not charged for the replacement.

6 Likes

Actually they have changed that plastic part with bigger clips to hold it more securely. And instead of using fevi quick if you use silicon paste which is used in making aquariums it will adhere more securely which I used.

2 Likes

Had an issue with the shutdown feature which I use quite regularly at night to save charge loss.

1. Scooter dashboard would turn ON and go straight to reverse mode with the reverse sound tone. But without the motor being turned ON.
  2. Dashboard was responsive but not letting me swipe out of the reverse mode to get the scooter to shutdown again. No change in the mode with the brakes and ignition switch too.
  3. Soft reboot was not making the problem go away and the speaker would start off making the reverse sound tone as soon as it boots up.
  4. Taking the key after switching off would also not help with the sound. And it will keep on beeping for the next 20 mins.

Finally RSA sent couple of guys over to detach the speaker and the horn. They will tow away the scooter. Might get it back tomorrow. I will never use shutdown mode again until it is known to be fixed. These bugs need to be fixed on priority. Glad it happened on a holiday.

1 Like

@Shreyas @abhishek.balaji Is the BMS wake-up Circuit failure fixed?

1 Like

The service technician came on time as scheduled. It was a mere 2 minute job.

Exactly my thoughts about the quality of plastic. The service technician put the piece and used fevikwik to hold it.

To be frank i didn’t see any improvement. Hopefully the fevikwik helps.

No charges for me either

Couple of pictures.

2 Likes

Fevikwik sometimes melts plastic, be careful

4 Likes

Almost 2 weeks now, the scooter was picked up to fix a dashboard issue. No updates or communication from the service team yet. GREAT GOING ATHER!!!

4 Likes

Were you given a loaner scooter until then? I heard Ather usually does that in Bangalore

2 Likes

Nope, they didn’t offer and I didn’t ask for one either.

1 Like