Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

Yeah - not clear why 231 extra? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait until the subscription is declared and if it not well planned then you might get some members looking at transfer, until then I guess no one will be trading it. :wink: :wink:

Where did you guys pricing for Maharashtra? I can’t see on site.

Hi @manishbansode please click here to view the details regarding the pricing based on cities. Hope this helps. :+1:t2:

how will i get to know the availability?

hemanth, Today I had gone through QA video but didn’t find anywhere. Please check it and let me know the time the answer was made. Still I am expecting answer from @abhishek.balaji

I understand that Ather Team has worked hard for making this unique design for the Series 1 but apart from that I would have loved to see some more perks.

Frankly speaking the 1 year of free service given doesn’t make much sense because connectivity isn’t included in it just like they offered with 450 as that was a “promotional offer”.

Also let me clarify, as per the information available now 450x customers will have to pay for Ather Dot installation too :face_with_head_bandage: and it’s not free anymore, that was a “promotional offer” in case of 450.

Performance tyres is a major set back. I’m guessing normal tyres cost around 1k and performance tyres cost around 1.6k. If I’ll be upgrading to Performance tyres my stock tyres will be of no use and I’ll lose money. They should have given the option at the time of buying, I’m even ready to pay the price difference :persevere: If someone will buy 450x later on he will be getting this option while Series 1 owners will be losing.

I understand Ather has been in loss and now they will be coming with something from which they can generate revenue but just consider the rough cost that these will include.

Free Connectivity for a year: 2.5k

Ather Dot installation at home: 500

Performance tyres upgrade: 600

They could have also given an option to provide some discounts on the upcoming accessories for the Series 1 owners.

Considering the perks which 450 owners got under the so called “promotional offer” banner, they seem to have the real collector’s edition :sweat_smile:

Ather guys you’re new in other cities too. Don’t just start charging for everything.

Also for Series 1 owners, including some perks like I mentioned above will cost less than 3.5k and which I think you must have afforded considering the people blindly paid and waited for the deliveries almost an year :roll_eyes:

The total cost that one has to pay to own 450x pro and use all the functionality will be around 1.75 Lakhs which is high. If Ather gave the connectivity features free for one year then people who are thinking not to opt for data may miss connectivity at the end of one year because they will be habituated to it and may opt for it again and ather can make money from it. Jio model :sweat_smile:

What do you guys think? Is it too much to ask for?

18 Likes

Actually they stopped this quite a while back. Even for the 450 it’s charged and it has been a paid installation for a while now But I don’t understand why Ather wouldnt give 1yr of data. It would in turn help them to drive more people to take theit data plans

2 Likes

Oh I didn’t have any idea about it. Thanks for clarifying.

Dot installation has been simplified now so it makes sense to manage installation yourself.

2 Likes

Ather provides 3 years warranty for the battery pack, will there be an option to extend this warranty. Spending 1.7Lakh on an electric scooter which provides a warranty of 3 years doesn’t make sense. Also, there is no subscription option for series 1 owners.

2 Likes

This is the main point. Fanbois would not mind even if they were at par with the Series 2 owners. But now, this is just the other way and Series 1 seems to be the people who take the maximum toll.

It would be great if something was up to attract the first folk once Ather starts riding the new cities too.

I hope the team is working on a better solution for us.

5 Likes

I was also going to buy the bike on subscription fro the same reasons.

3 Likes

Wait, is there any other EV or ANY automobile sold with over a 3yr warranty?? The ownership model of unlimited battery warranty is definitely an option you should consider. Because the warranty is to cover for any defect or early degradation of the battery. With another year, you could might as well Riden it far enough to degrade the battery to under 70% battery health, which isn’t a defect in th battery. This is why Ather introduced the unlimited warranty model

Is it really worth to buy an Electric scooter for 1.75 Lakh which gives you a range of 85km? which come with a battery warranty of 3 years(Replacing the battery can cost you equivalent to buying a new petrol scooter or even a low range of electric scooter). Additionally, you need to pay 470 every month which sums up to 5640 a year. For the past 2 days, these things confusing me. Why not go with conventional petrol scooter or other electric scooters which has an extended battery warranty?

1 Like

That is the million dollar question, isn’t it ? I guess it boils down to every individuals decision. For example People would argue is it worth buying an iPhone at 60k with a 720p screen?
There’s no one answer to this. Lot of parameters to consider other than just range price and warranty
The response to the 450X and their sales figures will tell us everything.

2 Likes

Visiting the forum after a long time and the questions never change :slight_smile: As suraj says individual preference. Ather is not a typical electric scooter aimed at cost of purchase and running, that is just a benefit. I guess the product vision doesn’t get conveyed clearly. This is a performance scooter with premium features and build. All you need to do is test drive and compare with an ICE scooter and decide if it is worth the price tag. In no scenario will ather drop their price now imo.

4 Likes

Tarun mentioned during the Series 1 launch that the 3 year warranty is for guaranteeing atleast 70% battery capacity. Other brands while promising 7 years don’t seem to guarantee maintaining a decent battery capacity. So the warranty period isn’t the only factor that we should take into account when comparing.

The Rs. 470 you are paying is not just for data but for future updates, maintainance of infra etc. If you’re regularly using the vehicle, in my opinion, doesn’t seem like a significant cost for vehicle upkeep and features. Electricity cost barely comes to Rs. 400/month (Bengaluru) for me for about 20kms a day. The cost post purchase is still minimal I feel.

As for the battery, by the time you need a replacement, the cost is significantly expected to drop. I read in one of the FAQs that it’s expected to come down Rs. 20000 in 3 years. And am sure the battery will last beyond that.

4 Likes

IMO battery price might not come down. Instead we might get better batteries for the same price because technology changes and there is a chance parts might become obsolete.

7 Likes

Per FAME 2 rules, all EVs need to provide 3yrs warranty to be eligible.

Subjective. Why do people buy a an Innova when a Sumo can get them the same number of seats and between point A to point B.

Building an EV is not as simple as slapping together a bunch of 18650 cells and wiring them to a motor. If it was so easy, all erstwhile ICE manufacturers would have jumped into this long back.

And, the 450 is not just an EV. It changed the market forever. It created a segment that never existed and is leading it.

8 Likes

Thanks for your response, but I need a strong convincing point to stick with my decision of buying 450x without a subscription option. for 1.75L I can buy a good performance petrol scooter/bike which can sustain for a period of 7 -10 years(my past experience of pulsar my dad gifted me in 2005, which is still in use).

2 Likes