Introducing Series 1 - the Ather 450X Collector's edition

It was always 3 modes. Eco, Ride and Warp.

Warp is an upgraded Sports mode, so it makes sense that they replace the Sports with Warp Option.

2 Likes

I think the lighting does not allow to take the correct pic of transcluent panels… How does it looks when you see in person?

I had asked one question during the virtual owners meet, but did not get enough votes to get an answer… :smiley:

Whenever I have bought any transcluent cases for my phones or gadgets, it always turned yellow after some time… That was happening super fast in sunny conditions. If I remember right, some of those cases are polycarbonate also.

If these 450x series 1 panels are going to be polycarbonate and transcluent, then can these turn yellow over a period of time?

3 Likes

Then we r getting 2 colors One is Black 2nd one is after long time Yellow…:rofl::joy::joy:

Just comedy. Don’t take serious…:hugs:

4 Likes

hehe… Technically 3 - On november you will get black, on may you will get transcluent and later may be yellow :smiley:

By the way, anyone who has used 3M film for protection, its happening and there is no way to stop if your vehicle colour is white.

2 Likes

The lighting inside Ather space was of low luminance or intensity. Due to this I was not able to capture the photos, also in the pics you can see there is lot of reflection (acts like a mirror) due to glossy finish. I used flash to get the Aluminum chassis reflect the light so that i can get a better pic.

It has to be brought out in sunlight to see the transparency of the panels. During night i guess you cannot differentiate between a solid panel and translucent panel.

if we can customize and add few LED lights on the aluminum chassis, it would be spectacular to see it in the night with the translucent panel :heart_eyes:.

8 Likes

I think we will only see the actual full option vehicle only next year. Ather might have taken the decision to roll out the vehicle by November, just to raise fund and to make a feeling in market that it is getting progress (Yes, it is). After the unveil of series-1, Ather is not speaking or giving any further updates. Now Abhishek is also stopped telling the words like - “soon…ASAP…in progress…etc”. Now you are telling that in series 1 vehicle for display is having UI of old version. Let anyone from Ather may please tell, what will be the configuration which is going to be delivered by Nov?

Wait, even the collectors edition displayed in the ather space doesn’t have the new android dashboard ?? No bluetooth?

Nice! My worry is that after a while, after rains or a wash, there might marks or stains on the inside which will be difficult to clean. But since it’s dark, it might not be too visible on the outside, unless you actually look for them.

6 Likes

I thk the 4modes… E ,R,S,W…

1 Like

450x with 450’s brain :wink:

I hope this is not hapenning.

By this time Ather might have taken note of the customer mood and I hope this time around they will deliver or keep up their time lines. Because as an automotive company and having good mechanical knowledge Ather knows every thing has elasticity and after that elasticity point nothing can sustain the stress applied.

More over they might also have taken a note of how much customers supported and trusted Ather. Actually customers even support by even dis-obeying the general indian practices of no waiting time.

2 Likes

Elasticity is always restored at the next reveal/announcement. It goes to full compression and afterwards with debates on the details goes to full as stress. The Young’s modulus here is quite high.

6 Likes

I get that you don’t have a plan yet for existing 450 owners. However we need this information before committing for 450x Series 1 for which you have set a deadline of 20th October. If you plan to release the upgrade cost later this month, then how do we commit now?

2 Likes

True and I too said the same. To restore elasticity Ather will announce something or the other and will not delay till next year, as I think Ather has by this time noted the customer mood.

Due to lack of time for choosing the best finance option, I’ll be selling my kidney by last week of October.

Just don’t tell that the deliveries will be delayed :persevere:

8 Likes

Let me know where you’ll be selling, I’ll join. :smile:

5 Likes

Still no information about Ather Space in Hyderabad.

So probably that also we will get to know by last week of October.

1 Like

Guys I had sent a email query this morning regarding upgrade cost for existing 450 owners stating we need this info before confirming our series 1 booking. In reply I got a rude 1 liner stating - “Hey Pradeep, Are you opting out of Series 1?” and they closed my ticket. This is completely rude behavior towards an existing customer. Totally unacceptable.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Translucent panel backlight

If you are talking about the below email, it is sent to many I believe. It may just have been a coincidence

3 Likes