šŸš€ Introducing Atherstack 5 (Gen 2 and Gen 3)

@ather Whom to trust. Ather founder itself said on twitter that 450x 3rd Gen will receive the new UI update in the week after the community day but lots of 450x 3 Gen guys still havenā€™t received the update including me

7 Likes

I didnā€™t get updated till now i am using Ather 450x gen3

1 Like

Brother, sometimes there are technical issues. Even I didnā€™t received the update.

No update yet. :frowning:

Despite some folks ordering after me, they have gotten the update.

3 Likes

I see the on-going poll, many are yet to receive; all from 450x Gen3 including me :sweat_smile: [@azverndias09 FYI]

I tried keeping the scooter at Jio FULL network coverage area for 1hr+ many a times thinking that the OS update package must be big and streaming could be faster. Alas, it didnā€™t happen. Chalo, scooter is up and running. Kiya hai, enjoy the ride :joy: (excitement of testing newer features seem LONG gone now looking issues/complaints flooding in by seconds :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

6 Likes

Hereā€™s my experience with AtherStack 5.0 Elio:

User Interface: Excellent :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Swipe motions, as opposed to touch, are a long-overdue improvement to dashboard interaction. Many minor features, such as Trip B and Auto Dark Mode, are absent as we are used to the previous dashboard. The fact that they failed to display SoC% while the charger is attached, surprised me because that should have been the minimum requirement given that they only display the maximum range for the current mode, which is useful but shouldnā€™t come at the expense of SoC%.

Bluetooth: Terrible :poop:

I can pair it from scratch after unpairing the previously linked devices, but it was disconnected the next time I switched the scooter on, which is the only reason Iā€™m not saying it doesnā€™t function. As an early tester, I was ready for this, but the team need to address it and correct it in the subsequent release.

Maps: Disaster :cry: :broken_heart:

Not going to lie, following the event, I had great hopes for this, but it is a complete failure! The direction note at the top works flawlessly and is perhaps the only thing that ā€œfunctions,ā€ but it has undergone some positive improvements. It felt like the general maps loading time had improved a little. Mars is consistently the target of the GPS navigation cursor, no idea where is was pointing throughout my trip, the perspective view itself seemed a bit of a gimmick. Donā€™t get me wrong, having zoom in and zoom out, moving viewpoint, and all that is fantastic, but once I grip the throttle, it serves no purpose for me, the only perspective I am concerned with while driving is the Driverā€™s Perspective. I donā€™t mind checking the viewpoint view when there are traffic signals, but as I start moving, I believe the driverā€™s perspective need to be loaded by default, much like the prior maps. If the direction remark at the top hadnā€™t been functioning properly, Iā€™m not sure what I would have done when I went on a trip. One thing to note however, the UI element for the Direction Note was a little small, so it was unable to cover the entire address without trimming the remaining text. Although Live Traffic is a useful addition, there was a tiny latency in the maps loading (Gen 2 has limited processing capability, so this is to be expected). I was also greeted with blank map displays for a significant portion of the drive (I was on good network coverage through out the trip, so signal drop was rare!)

Either this permanent perspective view mapā€™s use case context was beyond my comprehension, or it is still an unfinished product at this time. Please let others shed some light on this.

I labelled Maps a failure because it lacked the fundamental ability to display directions accurately. Other aspects are fine and functional, but they are useless if the fundamentals are flawed!

Wings of Power: Wonderful :100:

This is smooth, although even if Iā€™m accelerating slowly it is crossing the lower zone but I strongly agree if I try to be in the lower zone Iā€™ll get the promised range. UI is also nice, looks good overall.

A brightness bug existed, but it was resolved by moving the brightness bar from the left brake to the right brake on our 15ā€™ā€™ infotainment dashboard.

I have not yet received the optimal charging feature, I will update when I do. I was hoping we will get ability to adjust the sound but only got On/Off like previous dashboard.

This update must be in some stage of alpha given that it was distributed to attendees of the community day. Iā€™m hoping that subsequent updates will eliminate the majority of the issues.

Overall, this is an improvement over the prior dashboard experience as of right now, and as time goes on, it will only get better!

It was a hell of a day because of the release of this and the special day that the Ather Team hosted for the community.

Thank you! :heart:

19 Likes

Iā€™m surprised Ather didnā€™t test the software before releasing it considering they could have delayed the update if it wasnā€™t ready. This is something OLA would have done :full_moon_with_face:

6 Likes

Donā€™t worry, theyā€™ll probably send the stable update to us once all the bugs & issues are fixed, stay calm :sneezing_face::crossed_fingers:t3:

4 Likes

Looks like an alpha release. Will wait for few months before i give this a try.

6 Likes

It might have already gone to beta version

1 Like

After using the new UI for 10 days, SO! many things have changed/removed.

Point No. 1

Charging % not showing while charging. I hope this has been solved in the next update or else Iā€™m gonna sell the scooter.

Point No. 2

Only one trip meter is available but in the app still two trip meters are visible and above that the wh/km is also not there in the trip meter ( i donā€™t know why Ather removed it, maybe we were calculating the battery health by using that :man_shrugging:). That was the only way to understand that how the scooterā€™s performing per charge and it would also help us to understand our riding habits. It was not just helpful it was a very very great feature and absolutely want it back in the next update.

Point No. 3

When the key is turned on the dashboard would make a sound like ā€œTIDINā€ with a 450x logo on the screen, now there is neither the sound nor the logo, both have been vanished. Without that sound it feels like a dumb scooter and since the sound was implemented in the scooter itself with a speaker, i think it will be back in the next update or else this time Iā€™m really gonna sell the scooter.

Point No. 4

Auto theme switch has also gone. Iā€™m sure this will be added in the next update. Still the 450x doesnā€™t change the theme while riding which was there in the 450 so try to implement that as well because we always wonā€™t be riding in the city to stop, sometimes while cruising on an highway if the theme changes automatically we can bear with it for another half an hour or else we just need to stop for that and then it changes.

Point No. 5

The most important and which we were got used to while riding was the Realtime efficiency. Now has been replaced with the Wings of power and even after observing the wings of power while riding Iā€™m not getting how it workā€™s. As per my observations it just gives the throttle input, before when the scooter goes on a slope with full throttle the red bar wouldnā€™t appear by which we were understanding that the scooter isnā€™t consuming much power but now when you give a full throttle say in Eco mode the bar fully fills but to stay at the top speed of Eco mode only 30-40% throttle is required after that it has no response but in the wings of power even if 30-40% throttle is used it fully fills up which means that it just displays that how much throttle are we giving and not the power consuming.

Still i would prefer the old speedometer on the dashboard it was turning fully red when the speed goes above 60.

In the new one there is nothing except the Wings part. The most lovable part in the dashboard was the speedometer color which was going from green to yellowish to red was absolutely fantastic, no other scooterā€™s like ola or i qube or vida had this type speedometer but now our Ather is also just like the other scooterā€™s with the wingā€™s which isnā€™t making much sense and no color-color anymore :pensive:

Some more things like,

1. Canā€™t zoom in documents. This will be solved so no worries

2. Home and office icons gone from navigation. I hope this will also be solved.

This was shown in the community day. In this all the shop names are available in the screen but in reality thereā€™s no names popping up on the dashboard.

1. Before when connected to Bluetooth the song and caller ID was displaying like this which was beautifull and it was easy type

Now it is in been moved to top left corner and when the start button is tapped it doesnā€™t pop up like before it just exapnds 10% larger which needs to be observed carefully to understand, which isnā€™t possible while riding.

1. Last one. The warp symbol is removed

I donā€™t why so many things removed :triumph:. When 450x was launched the lightning symbol for the warp mode :zap:was given and it was very nicely done but got removed now which is really boring. Also there were colors for the mode like green for eco, blue for ride, orange for sports and yellow for warp :zap:

but now again not so interesting and one more reason to look like a boring theme.

Atherstack 5.0 gave a very very huge happiness and excitement but after seeing so many things removed and changed, Iā€™m waiting for the next update to see that should i sell the scooter or keep it with me :melting_face:

This post was only about problems, if thereā€™s really something improvement in the next update and then i will make a post on that.

20 Likes

Overall update and interface is good For me Bluetooth connectivity and navigation is good but battery percentage during charging should be included. Motor on indication should be shown in dashboard as before in text instead of color bar Mode change should be accessible as before both through touch interface and switch.

3 Likes

Other than ODO meter i dont see anything working perfectly in this new update.

5 Likes

even the colors in leaked beta looked better than release

beta

release

even the gradients in white mode just look bad,i would prefer the colors in beta and a pure white color to improve visibility under sun

7 Likes

Am a gen3 user, still not available for installation. Did we have to do something for UI?

3 Likes

Dear Ather team please bring back Real time efficiency Bar. To be frank new ui is very pathatic old one feels awesome

3 Likes

Observations Part II

1. Map is very laggy. Takes forever to load. I am sure it will be smooth on Gen 3 due to more RAM. Not smooth like the previous UI.

2. Map is fixed in 1 direction and does not rotate with turns. The arrow is pointing in 1 direction only.

1. Bluetooth is definitely very buggy. I connect from phone first and then scooter. It connected sometimes.

2. Scooter boot screen takes very long to enter the main UI

3. No charging % while charging.

4. Even though my side stand was disengaged, the message to disengage the stand was constant. This maybe an issue on my scooter only since the motor also does not cut off after I open the stand. Will be sending to SC tomorrow.

5. Trip meter should also be visible on the screen with Current Ride or let the rider decide.

6. Real time efficiency meter based on acceleration will be a great add on like we have in cars to get better range and to decide throttle input.

Overall an excellent upgrade. Hopefully future updates will take care of these bugs.

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun I am gen 3 450x owner purchased in the month of September and I still do not have any updateā€¦when will we get the update.???

1 Like

I once asked the dealer like whois pushing the update, either dealer (service centre) or the HQ, they replied itā€™s HQ, Bengaluru. I wonder whether the issue is due to the large number of customers who are eligible for the update, the workforce at HQ responsible for pushing the updates, a fault at automation algorithm or marketing strategy for the paid s/w :thinking:

4 Likes

The old UI was so aesthetic and unique, i never saw a cleaner and more practical UI. The new UI is trying to be flashy, and in the bargain losing functionality

15 Likes