Insurance

Can you share the break up details screen shot of insurance proposal

@subbu00005 I had discussed with HDFC guy over phone. I did not get any breakup from him. One thing is that he calculated the above said amount on the price of Ather 450 after deducting subsidy amount, i.e. approx Rs 1.06 Lacs.

AT 12.3K + gst…for 5 year comprehensive…from HDFC ERGO with sum assurance 1.2lac…for my ather…

I want to move from Digit to Autovert from has any one done it and if yes , please guide me the steps or send the contact person info for me to do so , I want to go for 5 yrs insurance plan.

@abhishek.balaji I probably might be jumping the gun here, but in the latest update mail, it has been mentioned that Ather is looking at expanding to 4 insurance options. Is there an ETA on the detailed announcement? I’m just wondering since I have about a couple of weeks left on my current 1st party insurance, and I want to explore all available options before renewing it.

Thanks!

Hey Harshith,

The insurance options would be available by the time we start Ather 450X deliveries and will be applicable for the Ather 450X only. If your insurance plan for the Ather 450 is up for renewal, you should go ahead and renew your existing plan or opt for one of the other providers. A few customers on this thread have opted for HDFC and a couple of other options for insurance, so that should help in making your decision.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for the quick clarification.

Anyone renewed their Ather insurance currently, as mine is about to expire next week, just wanted to know which one to go for .

Better to select HDFC

1 Like

Any specific reason? Is there a document or something you might have with details of what HDFC is offering? Might make it easier to select :slight_smile:

From earlier conversations, I believe people primarily were comparing Digit vs Autovert vs HDFC. Would be very helpful if someone could add any other good insurance provider I might have missed.

Thanks!

1 Like

Check the conversations here: Insurance

Thank you! Needed exactly this.

Hi all - I just read on the forum that the RSA provided by Ather does not cover instances where battery drains out naturally while commuting. (basically its not free of cost) HDFC Ergo insurance provides RSA at a price of 80rs per year. However its not very clear if they will cover battery drains free of cost. Anyone here has idea whether HDFC Ergo would cover such situations?

I have asked this question to their support team and I got a standard reply of what is covered in RSA. They didn’t have much clue about EVs These are the standard things covered in RSA

• Towing to workshop on Breakdown
  • Towing to workshop on Accident
  • Towing in case of incorrect Fuelling
  • On Site Minor Repairs
  • Battery Jump Start
  • Fuel Delivery (upto 5 Litres)
  • Facilitate Finding Closest Dealer
  • Flat Tyre
  • Lock Assistance
  • SMS/ Emergency Message Relay
  • Continuation/ Return Journey
1 Like

@sunku.vignesh @picknplayt @harsha.n @rajuvelur @rjaswant folks who’ve taken/explored HDFC Ergo, d any idea bout RSA coverage?

They told me invoice should be completed before sending personnel to install. @abhishek.balaji can you tell us the sequence pls

I chose to go with digit for 1st year comprehensive + 5 years their party + zero depreciation + accident cover which was 4200.

HDFC for comprehensive + accident cover+ zero depreciation for a year would come to around 1500. So will be better value.

1 Like

The sequence did change since May last year when Anagh got this Ather 450. We’ve streamlined the processes so your installation/delivery of the Dot is done after invoicing your scooter.

Hi everyone…I have renewed my bike comprehensive Insurance with Godigit and didn’t select zero depreciation option as I didn’t understand advantages with that.

Today while checking with Godigit they confirmed that only 50% of Battery cost is covered if there is an accident as I didn’t select zero depreciation.

Also asked them how come it’s viable for a EV but they are saying that’s the instructions they have. Looks this is one of the major concern I would request @abhishek.balaji to look in to the same and confirm back, so it would be useful for all of us in taking the decision.

1 Like

Not sure I understand your query completely. The insurance options are controlled by GoDigit and plans are designed by them accordingly. As with any other parts of your scooter, there will be depreciation year by year and hence the option for zero depreciation exists.

We’ll pass on the feedback to GoDigit team to add more info on the renewal page regarding depreciation.

Thanks for the reply @abhishek.balaji…even for an year old EV, Let’s say there is an accident and we need to replace battery as well along with other parts then GoDigit is going to provide only 50% of the battery cost which doesn’t seem reasonable with vehicle depreciation of 10 to 15% in an year. Looks that document is prepared based solely on ICE engines where the battery cost is nominal compared to engine which is not true in our case of EV’s right. That is the reason I wanted to bring to your notice as well to everyone in the forum so they take informed decision while renewing the Insurance.

I do understand it’s totally controlled by Godigit but wanted to let you guys also know as manufacturers you will have lot of previliges to speak to GoDigit management and understand the conditions better and inform the same back to owners to cover all of us which avoids last minute confusion!! Hope you understand the scenario!!

2 Likes

Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has withdrawn compulsory 5 years insurance for new 2wheelers with effect from 01August2020. This may bring down onroad price of Ather450 by 3k to 4k approx.

2 Likes