Insurance

It’s a 5 year policy, the name and date and other details on top are to be ignored. It’s just a proposal. I have verified with the guy just in case.

5 year for own damage and third party under 9k looks too good to believe. Please check

It is 5 year first party + 5 year 3rd party + nil depreciation.

1 Like

Then it’s too good deal

Sum insured amount is less… The insured amount which I have opted is as per ather standard which is 1,15,000 and it is with Hdfc ergo for 13k with zero dep for 5 years

Apparently that cannot be done as insurance is based on how much you pay and the invoice shows the deduction of the subsidy. This prevents you to get insured more than you have paid for the vehicle.
If you do get it done for 1.5L you’re only getting scammed.

3 Likes

Nope, that’s not true. Check out HDFC Ergo.

Even HDFC Ergo suggests a “best” value of ₹135,440. You have the option to edit the value from ₹115,124 to ₹155,755.

Sorry, I meant “value of vehicle at around 1.05L”

But I took based on the ather digit insurance value which is 1,14,000 which was for 1 year which cost 6600… Instead I changed it to 1,15,450 for 13,520 for 5years including zero dep from Hdfc ergo

is the reason for the best value for IDV on HDFC Ergo. Anything higher than than is technically fraud. As currently one has to pay only 1.16L, that must be the highest value of IDV no matter what any website says as they would be looting you. Just make sure you buy it for the right IDV.

You just need to ask yourself, can I replace a destroyed Ather 450 with just 1.16L. Just because you get subsidy doesn’t mean the value of the vehicle decreases too, esp since it’s a one time subsidy per person.

It’s not fraud to get insurance for the actual value of the vehicle, please look it up.
Just choose an amount to buy the vehicle again.

I spoke to HDFC Ergo customer care and their senior, they said they look at the invoice and provide the IDV as per that.:slightly_smiling_face:

Has anyone bought own insurance recently after the reduction in the price after reduction of GST?

You can ask this insurance agent,
Name: Hemanth

Any suggestions or guidance on purchasing insurance?

Need to buy one.
Was checking online but seems only Bajaj, ICICI and HDFC offers insurance for Ather
I don’t find any provider offering zero dip if I opt for 5 year Own damage and third party damage

Hdfc ergo got 0 Depreciation plan for 5 years, Contact them or an agent, number available somewhere in the forum.

I have getting the scooter through lease, do i have to worry about insurance ? It says it has comprehensive insurance covered for the lease period.

Thank you will check

You don’t need to worry about the insurance for the lease period. It is taken care of by Autovert.

2 Likes

Did insurance with Siddesh wali,

Got quick response to the doubts what I had.

Final amount was 15542 for 5 year OD + 5 year TP + 5 year Zero dep

4 Likes