Insurance

Pls do contact me for issuing of the policy .

I have mentioned the contact number

1 Like

Hi, My insurance for 450x provided by Ather is about to lapse in couple of days. Can anyone suggest the best provider

1 Like

Hey guys, I just got the tax invoice and I am looking for an insurance.

Currently Acko is offering the cheapest insurance for 1352/- including taxes (1 year own + 5 years third party).

But they have just one model listed - Ather 450 0.5 kwh. Is this the right option to go with? Appreciate your help!

1 Like

Hello!, I had contacted Acko regarding the same query when I purchased my Ather 450 Plus and they said that they don’t have them listed on their portal yet. I’ve attached a screenshot for your reference.

3 Likes

Hi I’ll be purchasing the Ather 450X soon and i was looking at HDFC Ergo as the insurance provider. Has anyone taken insurance from HDFC and is the model that’s shown on HDFC website legitimate? Please let me know as it’ll help me process my purchase as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hey! So I’ve purchased HDFC Ergo insurance and as of what I’ve seen, it is the same vehicle. The policy mentions it as Ather 450x. Should be fine I guess.

1 Like

When I got my vehicle on early 2019, 5 year 3rd party insurance was mandatory. GoDigit was the only option. People who went through offline agents got HDFC also and most insurance providers were not listing Ather in their site.

1st renewal: I tried to purchase stand-alone policy thru GoDigit. Their stand-alone price was higher than comprehensive policy. I called GoDigit. They told it as promotional pricing and applicable only for Comprehensive policy. It was a joke. I went with HDFC.

2nd year renewal: GoDigit was giving error during renewal. Called their CC.They told they are not accepting stand alone renewals for Ather alone and it was a company decision… Was puzzled. Called 2nd time and got same answer from different rep. Only Ather can tell what happened between GoDigit and Ather.

Tried 3-4 sites. Many sites still not listing Ather as an option (including ICICI and Reliance). Policy Bazaar did not list a single listing for Ather renewal.

HDFC was erroring out only for Ather stand-alone renewals. I tried other scooters and it works. Their CC was helpless as usual.

Finally, I went with Acko for 3 year comprehensive policy, inspite of having 3rd party coverage till 2024 ;-). I was hesitant because they don’t give zero depreciation add-on, but I went with them as I already wasted enough time.

This 5 year 3rd party insurance mandate between 2019-2021 created additional mess and definitely a loss in every renewal.

Ather is in market for 3+ years now and it is surprising that they are still not listed in many insurance providers for renewals.

2 Likes

Hi All, I am looking to purchase insurance. I went through HDFC Ergo site pages, there is no specific page for EV insurance or detailed coverage of parts like battery/plastics/etc(though they do it for ICE vehicles). Can anybody share the document or explain what is covered and not?

Thanks in advance