Hyperflashing Emergency Lights

An important safety feature that is present in most new cars (and older cars abroad too)

examples:

when the car detects emergency braking, the brake lights flash followed by hazards.

this would be especially useful on a scooter where people mostly ignore the brake lights. i currently manually flash them by releasing the brakes a couple of times while braking.

i believe a simple software update can add this. we already have brake switches that can tell the amount of pressure applied on the brake levers. a simple algorithm that detects hard deceleration and braking can be used.

another suggestion, in case the scooter detects emergency braking but the rear brakes are not being used, maximum regen can be added to slow down quicker. however i feel that might be harder to implement and hinder the track performance, unless there’s an off switch.

mods, please move this to the correct category. i’m not allowed to post in the feature requests category

29 Likes

I guess we’re (existing owners) not getting this after all :crazy_face:.

At least not anytime soon

5 Likes

@ibbi must be rn knowing it isn’t coming to his scooter.

1 Like

Ather need to certify blinking light’s and there ola is doing Disco lights. How can a company be so short-sighted when they design a vehicle?

7 Likes

Disco lights approved. ESS not approved… ahahahhaahha i laughed so hard at this :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

Funny thing is they don’t need approval for ESS as there is no regulation for it, so how can they even object :joy:

6 Likes

Well i wonder why they didn’t need approval for flashing light when theft protection is activated

ESS is here! Closing this thread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.