How does AutoHold work?

Can u share their actual legit source plsss even my colleague is also asking it will be helpful plsss

8 Likes

But check this page its mentioned auto hold feature includes both for 450x n 450plus this creates lot of confusion among us hopefully they will rectify n correct it to the earliest

4 Likes

I think itā€™s not work if side stand is engaged.

3 Likes

I think itā€™s not work if side stand is engaged

• If the side stand is on ā€¦ motor is off and you have parked your vehicle. . Isnā€™t it
4 Likes

Oh my bad, i dont think 450 plus will have it , 450 plus is already at a 25k discount canā€™t expect everything , atleast 450x should have somethingā€™s exclusive , bad choice of variant pal :joy:

6 Likes

Please donā€™t spread misinformation if you donā€™t know something. Cheers!

3 Likes

If the motor is off (sidestand engaged / kill switch engaged/remotely turning off the vehicle), then the autohold releases the vehicle as it is a feature which is related to the motorā€¦

6 Likes

450+ has all connectivity features (except Bluetooth music and call) and will get Atherstack 5. Public rollout just takes time, only Beta testing now for Community Day Attendees.

1 Like

@mods false information

3 Likes

Ok I understand corrected :pray:

3 Likes

Not it wont, it gets engaged once you press on both brakes and release. Its a feature wen u are riding. Not for any parked vehicles

3 Likes

Adrine bro , I saw a tweet from Mr.Swapnil but as soon as he deleted it :grinning:

4 Likes

Not sure about that , since the Motor will be off - you canā€™t expect that :thinking:

4 Likes

No broā€¦It doesnā€™t work when motor is off, since the motor is the backbone behind autoholdā€¦

4 Likes

Yeah as he mentioned simple reason for auto hold is motor. Here no where brakes are connected to main system only the brake apply information goes to system and motor will stop in same position since motor will be powered for this autohold function and do not apply more pressure and weight to scooter when this function on becoz all load goes to belt drive system. When your are on slope and belt is cut this function no more vaild and ur scooter comes back. So always be awar of this function how it works. Itā€™s 100% safe when ur scooter belt condition is good.

2 Likes

As the discussion continues, let me add a few more points here based on my experience on the hill assist feature of my SUV. On the slope, we apply beakes before the vehicle starts either moving from parking position or brief stop over/hold due to traffic jam on uphill etc. In this case, we are on brakes and the engine is ON. Now, to start the journey, we need to shift the gear, release the brakes and press the accelerator pedal. At this moment, release the brake and before pressing the accelerator, the vehicle can go downward. Here comes the activation of the hill assist feature, the vehicle is put on hold for about 3 seconds right after releasing the brake(pedal brake or handbrake) and during which period, we press accelerator to move the vehicle upward. Hill assist works on both reverse as well as forward gear in case my SUV.

So, in short for our Ather scooter, we need to ON the motor before releasing the brake on slopes, auto hold feature should be activated itself depending on the inclination of the road when we release the brakes for a few seconds during which period, we apply acceleration and move onā˜ŗļø Note: for a lesser inclination road/smaller slope where the rider can easily control the scooter, auto hold feature may not be activated.

6 Likes

Well, no one has created a technical post on how actually the engineering marvel is done on the controller part and what systems are going into work to hold the vehicle on hold in an inclined surface.

Now that we know Ather has redeveloped the motor controller and as previously the custom regen was not possible but now it is. So my analysis is that the gyro sensor plus brakes for more than 3 sec plus motor was in the run and came to a complete stop.

Now after a ride when a scooter comes to stop the system will see if scooter had been turned on the hill hold, next to looks forthe angle of the scooter is up to a certain deg on the axis and looks that now brakes have been released.

The controller should now engage either a reverser polority to the motor or a full regen, my guess will be a full regen as to switch polority might deplete the battery. If it was for abs that system would have taken care or everything to hillhold.

Any comments on this Ather team?

11 Likes

4:11-5:20 A more indepth explanation from Ather Engineers themselves about hillhold

4 Likes

Much awaited one! Waiting for the updateā€™ :blush:

4 Likes

Iā€™m in the video & on the cover too :grin:

7 Likes