Home Charging

I believe this was specific to power distribution. No separate approvals from the power distribution company (BESCOM, TNEB) required to host a point.

Municipalities or corporations may require a license.

Ather 450 has an onboard charger whereas Atger 450X doesn’t have an onboard charger. So is the DOT charger that comes with 450X different from 450. I mean it needs to reduce 220v to a lower voltage.

1 Like

The Ather 450 manufactured till September 2019 came with onboard AC-DC converter. The ones manufactured post that and shipped with the DOT charger do not have the AC-DC converter since the DOT takes care of that part.

The 450x will continue to ship with a DOT charger.

So @raghav.srinivasan, 450X needs a DC input and not an AC input.

1 Like

Yes the scooter needs DC input and the conversion from AC to DC is done by the dot charger or the portable charger.

Hi guys just wanted to know the optimum charging method for my flight in ather dot (home point) when should i put it charge and till wat percent it needs to be charged 100 or 90 and is charging the battery daily harmful to the battery

I charge daily. I cut off charging between 80% and 84%. My usage per day is only 19.5km. I can go for alternate day charging too…but I keep some buffer just in case I need to commute more for some reason.

What’s your daily usage like? If you travel long distances > 40km, you’ll need to charge everyday.

Like @ram.panchapakesan mentioned, you can charge upto whatever level fits your usage. Personally, I like to charge to 100% so I can accommodate for any circumstances.

1 Like

I am using portable charger (because I was not permitted to install the Ather’s charging point). Now because of some issues (improper earthing as told by @Ather.Team) , I am not able to charge at home. I am now solely dependent on Ather Grid points.

@abhishek.balaji I just wanted to know the current consuming rate in ams bcz I used a 6ams tripper and it tripped thrice and some update saw also going

Hey the portable charger/home charger will work on a 5A socket. Do try another socket or an appliance to see if the problem persists. If it does, reach out to our customer service team to get the charger checked.

The main trips off as soon as I connect the charger to the vehicle. Is this happening to anyone else?

The MCB trips sometimes when I turn the key on the vehicle to charge it. I think it’s normal. Just switch the MCB back on and it should be fine.

As soon as it says charging, the next second it trips off, tried it 5 times & same thing is happening

Are you facing this with only the portable charger? Does the MCB trip on your Ather Dot as well?

Even this used to happen to me, the technician told that there was a problem with on-board charger on the vehicle, they replaced it for free. Not sure for the newer vehicles. Due to the problem with on-board charger, the fuse inside the ather pod was burnt.

I’m having problem with the dot charger

1 Like

Is it advisable to charge during rains?

1 Like

Best to refer to the user manual for such info. The Dot can be installed outdoors where it might rain and can withstand light rains. You can charge when it’s raining, but avoid exposing any of the terminals, sockets and switches directly. When installing the Dot, the Ather technicians will try to ensure that the socket is installed indoors or with sufficient ingress protection.

Hi I want to charge a new ather 450 of my friend at my home charging pod. Is it possible!??