Home Charging

Oh, is it?

However, that still leaves a question:

Why did I see the OTA update screen for a split second even when on the latest firmware?

And I did not plug and unplug quickly, this was me turning the vehicle on in the morning, while it was already plugged in the whole night, I merely just turned on the ignition, waited 2 seconds, and pulled out the plug, and this happened

My best guess is that the Dot was checking for applicable firmware updates via the scooter. I’ve seen this firmware update flash screen show up on my vehicle for a few seconds very intermittently too.

Yes last midnight when I plugged into charging for a split sec even i noticed the firmware update screen then it went back to regular charging screen.

Oh maybe an update is around the corner. :smiley:

The dot was updating its firmware. It happens once in a while, nothing to worry.

1 Like

How do I dismantle the Home Charging Pod?

Dismantle? Do you want to shift the home charging pod? You can raise a request with customer service and they can help you out.

Recently happened to test the new portable ather charger 1.1 which is huge at home , its not a portable charger at all.
Good thing is it can charge the older Ather 1.0. it shows charging on the dashboard not sure it is indeed charging and uses a lower wattage to charge the vehicle .
Occupies more boot space in the vehicle.
@Ather.Team Product design team team really need to work on getting the size reduced ,it no way a portable charger. As the AC/DC converter has been removed , the same charger can be installed in place and just provide a cable that can be plugged to eliminate any one carrying the charger around in the vehicle Saves all the hassle of carrying the charger around.

2 Likes

That would just make it like the version 1.0 Ather 450 beating the purpose of the change.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the laws of physics are difficult to change. The converter components are going to be larger than the older charger and hence the larger packaging it requires.

If you’ve seen the actual AC/DC converter that is there in the v1.0 bikes you’ll be happy the new portable charger is the size it is today!

4 Likes

Purpose of new portable charger is to have DC charging rather than AC charging , onboard AC/DC converter has been remove on new ather , why cant this be integrated onboard to have just a cable going from wall socket to the scooter, so that we can carry only the cable .

1 Like

I have seen the onboard AC/DC converter , its really huge compared to the new portable charger for the new Ather . Why cant we have just a cable running to the scooter to simplify things to charge the scooter.

But how would you convert AC to DC inside a cable? You’d definitely need a transformer or a solid state converter (can’t recalll the exact term) to do that.

1 Like

That would work if you had a DC output like in the grid point.

I’m not sure what you’re referring to be integrated on board.

The purpose of the new charger is to facilitate the absence of the AC/DC converter.

2 Likes

instead of fitting an external ather pod charger or portable charger why cant we place the portable charger inside the same place where we had the AC/DC charger which we had on board on ather 1.0 is what I am telling , the weight has been cut down from 7 kg to 2.x kgs.
Just have a cable that connects from socket to the ather charging connector is what I am suggesting.

2 Likes

But we literally just moved away from having the AC to DC converter on vehicle to in the Dot. The whole point of doing this was to reduce weight and overheating within the vehicle. The vehicle requires DC to charge the battery, the 1.0 vehicle had an AC to DC converter within the vehicle. 1.1 does not, hence, requires a converter to convert wall power (AC) to DC. It’s required to produce a significant wattage to charge the vehicle, and the current size is actually compact for the amount of Watts it produces. Compare a high performance computer PSU, the portable charger needs to do the same task, and it’s doing it in a smaller unit as it is. I am going to come out and say that it will be nearly impossible to shrink the portable any more than it already is.

4 Likes

After using the POD from June 2019 onwards, suddenly circuit breaker is tripping every now and then, make is Sigma, if I can recall some people had same issue with circuit breaker and it was changed by Ather

1 Like

Raise a request by calling CS, if you haven’t already? You can reach them at +91 7676 600 900

Tripping issue is not getting resolved, twice Ather technician came, the ELCB was changed to ABB make but the situation has become worse, any suggestions that can help in this regard.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather One and Subscriptions