Home Charging

Why do you want to remove the ceramic fuse. For three phase MCB you will need a 4 pole 32A C curve MCB, or 3 x separate double pole 32a C curve MCB. Even if you have three phase maximum allowed draw per phase is 32A in India.

Connection should be first to meter, then to Fuse, then to 4 pole 32A RCBO or 32A RCCB + 32A mcb.

While that legrand single pole is sufficient, I would recommend to get a legrand Double pole 32A C curve version, considering the crappy power supply of bescom, where even neutral lines have as much as 20v+ , or in cases where neutral and live touches during a Ganesha procession or other.

2 Likes

Already bought Legrand 32a single pole

Itā€™s always better to have a 2 Pole MCB after meter (for 1 Phase Connections) and 4 Pole MCB (for 3 Phase Connections) after meter as it also functions as an Isolator.

In extreme conditions, it is easy to just simply flip the 2 Pole MCB to Isolate your Property form rest of the grid - Plucking three fuses is cumbersome and there are chances that one may get Electrocuted if their fingertips accidentally touch fuse terminals and/or if there is water / moisture on the fuses. Since RCCBs are connected after the Ceramic Fuses, even RCCBs cannot save one from being Electrocuted.

We already have a 4 Pole MCB installed right from the beginning. We donā€™t have RCCBs and DIN Rail Surge Suppressors, so maybe Iā€™ll add them.

Most modern properties with 3 Phase connection have First Meter, then Isolators, then 4 Pole MCB, RCCBs, then secondary 1 P MCBs for individual Boards. I have seen newly built Properties, where they have Isolators in place of Ceramic Fuses.

May be the builder oversized it. Iā€™m staying away from home, will check when I get there.

3 Likes

The issue was reported by users from Ather Community and was fixed by Ather in an OTA update.

1 Like

Oh okā€¦ Thank you for clarifyingā€¦

I remember when I first reported I was still on 1.x version. Now I am on 2.x version

2 Likes

not sure who and how

but my charging pod plug is looking bad

i suspected this would happen when i got to know about this feature in update which am not interested about
so i didnā€™t bother when i havenā€™t received the update by default

this is one of those reasons am asking team to provide options to customer atleast on appā€¦

1 Like

Did someone without knowing selenoid lock, Tried to remove charging plug and damaged it?

May I know what update you expecting in app? It option to remove and lock selenoid lock.

For home chargers, I personally feel, the solenoid lock is an overkill. I liked it before the update when you could remove it by just switching of the MCB.

2 Likes

as i said not sure who, how

am guessing they didnā€™t know about it and tired to remove it hard way

giving an option to choose solenoid lock while not charging should be available

2 Likes

Yes. After latest update, charging fan is getting off when charged 100%. Along with it selenoid unlock option would be good feature if it gets added.

Err might be an unpopular opinion but the charging solenoid lock is working exactly as it is supposed to for me.

I use the portable charger at a common charging point and itā€™s a great way to ensure that charger is not removed from the Vehicle. The wall plug can be, but not the plug on the vehicle

IMO, the mobile connectivity is supposed to augment your bike experience and not be a part of it. Mainly because of the reliability of mobile network itself. So having this option on the app would unnecessarily introduce the real-time element to an app which is async.

1 Like

yeah i know

that is the reason am asking for option and not to remove the feature

1 Like

Even the option causes issues no? Like what if youā€™re parked in a basement? The feature is completely useless to you.

Helloā€¦ Any idea on how to release thisā€¦

iam not able to charge vehicle.

Try shutting down and powering on the scooter.
I was facing this issue, Reboot solved my issue.

1 Like

It worked thanks

Today I got my ather delivery
But I am not able to charge using home pod

The home pod is green when not connected

As soon as I connect to the vehicle
It turns red

And vehicle says not charging

What would be the issue

Pod not mapped yet or try doing a reset (hold both brakes + ignition switch for 10secs).

1 Like

Not mapped in the sense???
I didnā€™t get you

I tried to reset still no go