Home Charging

Schneider Electric is equally good. I have been using this brand for years and very reliable.

However commercial brands like Havells etc are not upto mark… I burnt my finger by going for this brand.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for the valued information, last thing I would ask as still I am unsure what capacity to install between 20 A to 40 A, I will share my current load details below, it will make easier for the experts to point me in right direction:

• Ather POD

• 1.5 ton AC

• 3 Litre instant geyser

• 322 litre fridge

• 32 Litre microwave

• 5 fans of 33 watt each

• 7 LED tube light and 3 LED bulb

• 1 LED TV 42 inch

• 6.5 Litre front load washing machine

• One food processor ,steam iron and bread toaster

• Kaff 60 Cm chimney

My entire electricity load and couple of appliances are used alternatively and on need basis.

2 Likes

Go for 40A

1 Like

go for 40A if entire load is on one line

2 Likes

Thank you very much

Should the green light blink , when it is charging , mine says it’s charging , but the range still remains the same , any idea why this is happening

1 Like

can u please insert the charger a bit further and check - if u have access to the bike now

Yes the idea is to call Ather Support !

Just had a word with them , as they mentioned they would call back in half an hour’s time .

And plus I didn’t get any noise as well , when trying to connect the charging to t
he bike , but on the screen it says that the vehicle is charging

This one should be fine, I guess

Did try all possibilities Ather mentioned that they still haven’t got the access for the bike to charge from the Home charging pods , they mentioned they would call back in 20 mins once the work is done , from their side … strange though

go for it

even on prime it is showing up delivery charges!!

1 Like

Ather POD = 850 W (When Charging)

1.5 ton AC = Inverter AC (varies between 400 W to 1300 W); Non-Inverter AC (1700 W continuous as long as Compressor is ON)

3 Litre instant geyser = 3000 W

322 litre fridge = Inverter Compressor (varies between 40 W to 100 W); Non-Inverter Compressor (180 W continuous as long as Compressor is ON)

32 Litre microwave = 1200 W

5 fans of 33 watt each

7 LED tube light and 3 LED bulb = 170 W

1 LED TV 42 inch = 80 ~ 100 W

6.5 Litre front load washing machine = Non-Heater versions (300 ~ 400 W); Heater versions (upto 1600 W); Integrated Dryer versions (upto 3000 W)

One food processor, steam iron and bread toaster = 400 W + 1200 W + 800 W

Kaff 60 Cm chimney = 100 W

Total Approximate Watts if EVERYTHING is SWITCHED-ON at the same time and working at peak performance = 9500 W

9500 W / 220 V = 43.18 Amps

Minimum Wiring Gauge = 7 Sq.mm / Optimal = 8 - 10 Sq.mm

8 Likes

You cannot go higher then 32A mcb. Since 32A is the max allowed sanctioned load and capacity for single phase meter.

If you put a higher rating mcb, you risk burning the wires and meter getting burnt. MCB is there to protect the wires. Never oversize them.

So get a 32a ‘C’ curve MCB, a C curve mcb can handle the initial high load of motor starting or AC.

2 Likes

Thank you

Thank you for the input

This is as per latest recommendations.

1 Like

Two weeks back, we had power cut and I noticed that I was able to remove the solenoid without key. I wasn’t sure if that was correct or not.

When called customer care for seat issue, I enquired about this and I was told that is expected behavior. I was surprised but didn’t check or discuss that again.

Today morning I turned off MCB and I realized I was not able to remove solonoid without key.

Was this bug or any OTA update fixed this?

Oh yeah! I remember seeing a 32A DP Switch with built-in Fuse at my grandmother’s house which has a single phase supply. It didn’t strike me until I saw your post.

My old home also used to have a single phase supply, but I didn’t have any traces of memory of looking at the power distribution board keenly.

My current home in Andhra Pradesh has a 63A, 4 Pole MCB for a three phase supply, so my brain was hovering in those metrics.

They also installed three Ceramic Fuses before the MCB, will get them removed soon.

2 Likes