Home Charging

As soon as it says charging, the next second it trips off, tried it 5 times & same thing is happening

Are you facing this with only the portable charger? Does the MCB trip on your Ather Dot as well?

Even this used to happen to me, the technician told that there was a problem with on-board charger on the vehicle, they replaced it for free. Not sure for the newer vehicles. Due to the problem with on-board charger, the fuse inside the ather pod was burnt.

I’m having problem with the dot charger

1 Like

Is it advisable to charge during rains?

1 Like

Best to refer to the user manual for such info. The Dot can be installed outdoors where it might rain and can withstand light rains. You can charge when it’s raining, but avoid exposing any of the terminals, sockets and switches directly. When installing the Dot, the Ather technicians will try to ensure that the socket is installed indoors or with sufficient ingress protection.

Hi I want to charge a new ather 450 of my friend at my home charging pod. Is it possible!??

Refer to the post from @abhishek.balaji from March in the same topic (I quoted below for you).

Hi @abhishek.balaji how do I map my friend’s scooter

1 Like

You can reach out to CS and they’ll be able to help you with the mapping.

Today my vehicle was scheduled for pickup for regular service. Because I suspected low charge, I plugged in the charging cable and turned on charger yesterday night.

Ather was in shut down mode and I didn’t turn on the vehicle thinking it will anyway charge.

But morning it didn’t charge until I turned on the key. Is this expected behaviour?

Yes. This is normal behaviour. The vehicle will not charge when it is completely shutdown.

2 Likes

It has been an year since I got Ather and this was still unknown to me :smiley:

2 Likes

Solution !? What we have to do when reach 0% battery :thinking:

1 Like

At 0%, the vehicle will detect the charger and initiate charging. It’s only when completely shutdown that the charging does not happen.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Notification requests for the mobile app

What happens if it is in shutdown mode for long time and battery reduces to 0%. Will it detect the charger? Just curious :stuck_out_tongue:.

The scooter stops providing power to ride much before the battery really hits 0% the 0% shown on the dashboard is the usable charge for riding. You’ll still have enough power for the scooter to accept a charger and start charging

1 Like

But to answer your question, if you vehicle is completely drained out and is not switching on when you turn they key, connecting to the charger will wake up the scooter.

Do remember that if you got your scooter with the Ather Point, you will have to use the Point or the earlier portable charger.

Those using Ather Dot at home, can use Dot and the new portable charging cable to wake it up.

2 Likes

Hi, I live in a community in Hyderabad and we don’t have electric charging provision in our basement. There is no infra to get a dedicated meter and the charging station in my designated parking. I got a mail to confirm my Series 1 order. I am not sure if charging will be available in my own parking. Otherwise, I probably have to cancel my order.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks, Balaji