Home Charging

Where could I see the total power consumed for charging ?

1 Like

If you are a part of ather one plan you will get to know during the electricity charges reimbursement, otherwise there is no way of knowing the total units consumed as of now.

@rajeshkav How long does this 'Charging Done ’ notification come after reaching 100%. I noticed for around 20-30 min after 100% charge. Mine was still showing charging. Then I manually unplugged.

I do not have ‘exact’ number in hand. Roughly it may take any time between 20-30 min as it will be in trickle charging mode.

However as a user, one should not worry about this. Just let it charge or you may just unplug.

Another good point is that, always try to follow 20-80% rule if you do not need full capacity range.

2 Likes

Hey Rajesh, is it normal for the vehicle fan to be on till about 100% while charging?

I think Ather had sent an update which would stop the fan running once it reaches a ‘trickle charge’ state. Which I assume is at about 90%+ but my fan doesn’t turn off on it’s own till 100%.

But, if I turn the key on at about 91% and turn it off to charge, the fan doesn’t turn on till it finishes charging.

1 Like

It might be … depends on various factors (say PCB/Component temperature, environmental/ambient temperature etc). However long back Ather had released an OTA update on this but did not state what exactly 'unnecessary’

This might be a momentary turn off. I am sure fan will turn on again after a while if the conditions are same.

Suggest you to monitor fan when the battery is fully charged. It should not be ON.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time out to clarify.
Also, yes, the fan switches off when the battery level reaches 100%.

1 Like

Hey all,

Tried fast charging for the first time today and it was actually fast :sweat_smile:, my battery level reached 90 from around 60 in just about 35 mins. But the battery fan which kicks in is very loud. Not sure if it was from the pod or from the vehicle.
When I usually charge at home the only sound that I can hear is the fan inside DOT, and that is very negligible. The fan inside vehicle doesn’t even turn on for home charging.
Watchman at my building would be really sad if the vehicle fan would turn on for home charging, because his house is in the parking area.
I guess the fan noise issue was solved with the introduction of DOT

5 Likes

Fan is mainly with respect to battery temperature. In lower level battery takes more current which leads to increase in temp. When it reaches 90 or above current cosumption is less so fan may not turn on.

So in fast charging the more current flows which makes fan on. In home charging may not reach the temperature which kicks fan on. But in my case fan will on whenever i connect Home charger (usually battery will be 50%or less.)

2 Likes

To clarify things,
There is no fan for the battery.
For gen1 vehicles with point the ac to dc converter unit is within the vehicle and that has fan, which runs during charging.
On fast charging, this internal ac to dc converter is just idle and so there will be no fan noise in the vehicle itself… But there will be a transformer box near fast charging point that will produce fan sound.
For gen2 owners with dot, there is no internal ac to dc convertion unit itself so there I no fan inside at all(except motor cooling fan).
So gen2 vehicles while charging at home or grid will not produce fan noise

7 Likes

what is portable charging cable called in india & what is output and input details of charging cable provided by ather

What will the charge for re-locating the Ather dot in case of Change of Residence?

2 Likes

It’s annoying to hear charging sound during night. Is it possible to silence?

Depends a lot on your specific case including distance, materials etc. But you to give you a sense of the cost, it would be similar to the installation cost currently (Rs 1800), but could vary depending on materials, labour etc.

Check this?

so i placed order of charger through customer care 10 days ago , wen we expect to get in chennai once payment done

Good afternoon,
Today I got Ather Dot installed. The scheduled time was 11am but he arrived at 10:30am and finished the work in an hour. Here are some pics of the same

6 Likes

Hello fellow owners,

Have been using Ather for about 3 weeks now. Everything is good except the very high pitch whine. But, recently started observing that the total SoC isn’t reaching more than 98%. This has started happening from last week. Even if I charge it overnight, it is getting stopped at 98%(53/54 KMs range). Has anyone witnessed the same ?

Is this on the Dashboard and the App?

Yes, both on the dashboard and the app