Home Charging

My home charger is scheduled to get installed tomorrow. How about securing it against thefts? Any ideas??

1 Like

These will work only with your Ather.
Once stolen only wire may be used rest are scrap.

1 Like

My concern however is thief will not know this. A thief would first steal and try to sell. Loss will be ours.

4 Likes

@kavyapavan,

Once home charging point installed in home. Try to cover and protect it away from theif with wooden box installed over charging point with lock. (protects from theif, dust)

(Home charging point will be directly connected your electricity main point, it is too risk to someone who try steal it and point which is safely mounted to walls )

Congrats, to see 2nd Ather vehicle in our BCD* facility.

1 Like

The bolts that are used to secure the point on to the wall are solid enough to withstand any such attempts at theft. Besides, the point is proprietary to Ather, it will not fit into any other electric vehicle in the world right now.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Idle Discharge while parked

Can you please guide me on where to get the monthly usage details.

There is no details of monthly usage avaliable as of now… But you will get the refund quarterly if you are in Ather One plan

1 Like

@Ather.Team also think of securing point with insurance this will reduce worry on on theft or any other damages.

It would be good idea to have optional theft insurance cover for home charger along with scooter insurance.

1 Like

Hey guys, I have installed my ather point at my work place. I have my own business, the cost of electricity per unit is 8–9 Rs. I am a ather one subscriber, how much is ather going to reimburse, its only fair if they reimburse the real electricity cost actually charged rather than 6.5rs per unit. Is there any solution to this?

1 Like

The charging unit is actually called as home pod. And reimbursement will be done on residential charge basis. And fast charging units installed at hotels and malls is on commercial basis.

5 Likes

Hey guys. I have a small question. I understand that the home charging pod is water and dust proof and it can withstand direct rains.
While installing will the team preferably look for a spot where there isn’t going to be direct rains or will they be fine with installing it in a spot which is very exposed and definitely going to face direct rains and leaves everyday?

Most of the public charging point are completely exposed to external factors. as of now I can see the change in colour of connecter pin of the point due to direct sunlight rest good to go…!

1 Like

It was clarified that some of the older public charging point used material that was not “production ready”. They were probably not UV treated and hence the yellowing.

7 Likes

Hi All,

1. Is there a way to find out how much units the pod uses monthly?
  2. can this feature be part of the app in next OTA release?

There no hardware in pod to communicate but you use Ather 450 On board sensors and connectivity to get that data

1 Like

How? HOW MANY UNITS of electricity WILL IT TAKE TO GET ATHER 450 from 0 to 100% charge? And aprox. Units per Km used in Ride and in Sport mode.

It’s an approximate 3Units of charge. Not more than that. The capacity is 2.7kWh but it’s caped at 2.4kWh and considering heat loses take it as 3 units of charge.
Units per Km will definitely matter on your driving style. Some get 80 Km in ride mode for an effective 2.4 Units stored(from 3Units used to charge ) and some may get just 45 Km. So a units per Km value is like asking me to give you a unit per hr value for your phone usage. It varies with personal usage styles.

1 Like

So 0 to 100% consumes how many units to charge?