Home Charging

Hi All,

1. Is there a way to find out how much units the pod uses monthly?
  2. can this feature be part of the app in next OTA release?

There no hardware in pod to communicate but you use Ather 450 On board sensors and connectivity to get that data

1 Like

How? HOW MANY UNITS of electricity WILL IT TAKE TO GET ATHER 450 from 0 to 100% charge? And aprox. Units per Km used in Ride and in Sport mode.

It’s an approximate 3Units of charge. Not more than that. The capacity is 2.7kWh but it’s caped at 2.4kWh and considering heat loses take it as 3 units of charge.
Units per Km will definitely matter on your driving style. Some get 80 Km in ride mode for an effective 2.4 Units stored(from 3Units used to charge ) and some may get just 45 Km. So a units per Km value is like asking me to give you a unit per hr value for your phone usage. It varies with personal usage styles.

1 Like

So 0 to 100% consumes how many units to charge?

Ather 450 have so many sensors to cal calculate input voltage Current and Redundancy systems to protect BMS and battery … These sensor are connected to dashboard which helps ather to fine tune the Scooter …

1 Like

450 needs about 3kWh or 3 units of electricity to charge.

This is from shreyas from another thread.

1 Like

I went though the Insurance policy by Go Digit. It says theft of the bike is covered. Does it mean Home Charger is also covered?

From insurance policy coverage is as below: Coverages Opted - Digit Two Wheeler Package Policy Add On(s) Opted - Parts Depreciation Protect(Cover only 2 claims per year)

1 Like

My understanding. NO.

However if you have a homeowner policy, you might want to check if this can be included into it.

1 Like

There won’t be insurance for home charging point.

Ather is charging RS - 1 for charging point, installation and Ather one subscription. Since they cannot give you free.

If you feel, installing charging point is not safe at your home then go with portable charger which costs 6K which needs to purchased by owner.

2 Likes

There is also an option which I got to know from the Ather Support that you can opt for portable charger instead of home charging pod

1 Like

This is correct. I got the same information.

I have done that. I took the portable charger instead of home charging at no cost, since I live in an apartment and the builder still is stuck in 1980s.

2 Likes

They also told me if you take a portable charger and later decide to go for Home Pod they Home Pod will cost upto 10K. Hence I went for the home pod and thought will take the portable charger later if need arises

3 Likes

Hmm. Unfortunately, I had to give up on the cool pod. The only consolation is that I can charge anywhere and the pod and charger deliver the same amount of electricity. I thought it’ll be useful to have a generic point when I buy an electric car in the future.

2 Likes

actually makes sense, I feel there should be some policy to standardize the ev charging sockets

Thanks Saravana for the information…

Ather doesn’t seem to have the portable charger in stock for a long time. I wanted to get one , but haven’t been able to get it till now.
Also, the home charger supports fast charging and is water proof while the portable charger only supports slow charging and is not water proof. So I would only keep the portable charger for backup purposes.

2 Likes

The home pod is definitely not a fast charger but weather proof for sure. But I can personally vouch for the portable charger’s robustness.

2 Likes

You are right, it doesn’t have fast charging, but it has auto cut off, which is another advantage of the home charger

1 Like