Home Charging

I think you’re right. After charging, I tried pushing it in to see if the red light still appears. It did for a second and then turned green when pushed in completely.

Hey Karthik,

Thanks for pointing this out. Our team has resolved the issue with the charger there over the weekend.

Hi. I would like to understand for folks staying in large apartment complexes, how the charging unit would be installed especially with multiple basement parking levels. Because I’m sure the apartment association will have issues with using common area electricity for charging our Ather. Does the Ather team have a solution for this?

they source electricity directly from your apartment’s meter box, the only thing you will have to bear is the cost of extra cabling (if required) to install the Ather Point at your parking spot, apart from the permission by the secretary of the apartment’s HOA.

2 Likes

Thank you @samitbanerji for your insight.

also it can’t be more complex than this

which i remember from @kumaranchal

Ather is capable of managing these

7 Likes

Wow. Can imagine the amount of work involved. I hope it is hopefully not as complicated in my place and that the main electric to the flats are somewhere in the basement areas. I’m on the 14th floor, and bringing cable from 14th is going to be a challenge.

1 Like

Typically in such high rise apartments, the electricity meter will not be in the floor where the flat is located(14th floor in your case). The distance from your meter to your parking lot is more important than the floor on which your home is located.

3 Likes

I still have this issue :thinking: the red light blinking when plugged in only appears the first time in a day when I charge. If I unplug and check again, it doesn’t appear / appears for a second and then turns green. It’s actually reducing as days go by. :joy: If it doesn’t resolve itself by the weekend I’ll call up customer care.

Hi Abhishek. I’m also buying the Ather, I just wanted to know if the home grid is smaller than public Ather grid.

It’s not smaller. same size.
Only thing is that home pod doesn’t come with a 5A/15A plug point that a public pod has.

1 Like

no!

for looks it is exactly same

home charging point

public charging point

but main difference is with charging speeds

home charging pod is AC charger with charging time of 2.5 to 3 hours for full charge

public charging pod is DC charger with charging time 1hr to 80%

3 Likes

Thanks for the info.

How much time it takes for 80% charge with home charger?

around 2 hrs 15 min (more or less 15 min)

last 15-20% will take longer time - so i don’t bother to charge to full instead will stop at 80-85% even on my long trips i charge only around 90%

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ownership Experience

@Shreyas in home charging for 0 to 100 % how much units its consumes as i am not able to track pls help me out

2.4 units to be exact

Actually little more than that

2 Likes

While bike is charging, does the green light keep blinking?

Yes, The green light keeps blinking… :slightly_smiling_face: