Hero Vida V1 Plus & V1 Pro

failed bms? where?

and its not overheating. it is simply indicating that the temperature is high. even the performance is not dropping.

Ola’s over heating issue and this is completely different.

Here I see even after the vehicle showed high temperature warning. The rider didn’t slow the vehicle but dispute of that the temperature went down after a while. So I guess the cooling system acted very well I guess.

It is giving a warning so that the rider need to be cautious.

But ola’s case is different it gets over heated heavily and the motor gets cutoff. That too for very shorter distances in hyper mode.

However over heating even for that much of distance at such speeds is still an issue though.

3 Likes

Ather probably heats up too, but they’ve not implemented a warning screen or anything afaik. even if the motor is boiling at 150 degrees, the scooter doesn’t warn you. the only noticeable difference is reduced peak power.

correct me if i’m wrong!

3 Likes

Then why he told performance degraded n also mode switched automatically to lower power mode may be they have to tune their BMS n update it on their evs i guess so

1 Like

What is this it will indicate simply without any reasons huh??? N also he clearly mentioned performance degraded

AFAIK Ather would also through a high temperature error and it will completely reduce the speed and all but this will happen only at a very rare condition and not like sudden cutoff or sudden drop from 70 to 20(example) it will reduce speed linearly.

But not happen just due to speed or ambient. Multiple factors should trigger at a time for this to happen in Ather.

2 Likes

I couldn’t see a much degrade in performance in the video he is still going at high speeds above 74 & 75.

I see it as a warning to rider to be more gentle on throttle as the temperatures are high. And a slight reduction might be observed in terms of pickup maybe as we can see the temperatures came down and warning is gone after some time so that could be normal to reduce load on motor. But on a overall perspective the performance is not much varied unlike OLA which gets too hot in hyper mode very rapidly and cuts off the motor out of blue so dangerously.

2 Likes

It do have turn by turn navigation but not maps.

1 Like

Awesome… Hope there’s no fight between Ather and Vida :zap:

1 Like

Same here. Recently tried to charge my Ather 450X at a Vida Charging point in Bengaluru Mall. It didn’t work. Doesn’t go past initialising stage. The parking attendants did say that Vida V1 Pro users do get to charge successfully at that point. Looks like their software doesn’t allow Ather vehicles to charge at their grid points at the moments.

1 Like

Spoke with Ather internal team, we need to ask in Vida showroom to enable our vehicle to charge in Vida grid, they will map our vehicle. I havent tried this.

1 Like

Good input. Can someone plz try and confirm if this works.

1 Like

Vida has now started to take booking apart from the 3 Launch cities(Delhi, Jaipur and Bangalore).

You can now reserve one in Ahmedabad, Nasik, Nagpur, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Kochi and Kozhikode.

1 Like

Vida openly announced that Vida owners can leverage existing Ather grid network, but Ather took no effort to make Vida chargers available to Ather owners. Take some action

7 Likes

I hope atleast the 80% limit charging limit in the grid is applicable to Vida scooters as well otherwise it will be cumbersome for Ather owners

3 Likes

Vida is installing charges to charge 4 vehicles at a time not single like Ather. Each charger can change 2 vehicles.

2 Likes

Yeah. I read it somewhere that they have 2 charging guns from a single charger but ai am not sure about the charging speed. Lets hope Grid 3.0 will introduce two guns instead of one.

1 Like

Hero has reduced the prices of Vida scooters. V1 Plus base variant price is reduced by Rs 25,000 and V1 Pro variant price is reduced by Rs 20,000. Also, these prices are including a proper charger.

V1 Plus = Rs 1.2 lakhs (with charger) ex-showroom V1 Pro = Rs 1.4 lakhs (with charger) ex-showroom

Now Vida has become a great EV option for many potential customers.

5 Likes

Can the Vida be charged at Ather grid points. I have booked the v1 pro today(primarily for the removable battery) but there is no Vida charging network yet in Chennai.

Why don’t you ask Vida in Vida forum ? IMO it should but considering the grid wars from Ather users i would strongly suggest to buy Ather.