Hero Vida V1 Plus & V1 Pro

Went for a test drive yesterday. Liked the performance of the scooter, the dash board, colour etc… Ather has a good competition. Ather needs to improve it’s software which i believe they are already doing, but, also look into more features such as cruise mode. They should introduce this feature if possible with a software so that the current users can start using them.

But, nothing can beat Athers look and design.

2 Likes

Came across a hero Vida Grid point. Their double charger module seems more useful when more scooters show up at one point. This grid point is at Orion Mall Bangalore. This location also has 2 Ather points and Pulse DC chargers. I saw 4 athers here parked not able to charge at the Ather grid because there are only 2 guns and I don’t think everyone knows that athers can charge from Hero Vida charging points.

4 Likes

Are you sure? I have seen recent posts showing Ather stuck at INITIALISING on Vida chargers.

4 Likes

Not 100% sure. Will try soon. But technically should be able to. It’s just that most Ather owners don’t even know Ather and Hero have the same charging plug

2 Likes

I saw a video in which Ather 450x was getting charged at vida point. It was at it’s one of the showroom points and not grids. The owner was charging and at the same time asking questions about Vida

4 Likes

Saw couple of these in Hennur, Bengaluru at BP petrol pump. These are not activated yet, hence can’t charge according to pump saleperson

5 Likes

Ather should come up with something like these chargers, it was long back requested that grid 2.0 have at least 2 connectors so 2 athers can be charged simultaneously but they never picked up. And now Vida is usually installs 2 grids which has 2 connectors in it. That means atleast 4 scooters can charge at the same time :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Ather is going with single chargers at more locations rather than more chargers at fewer locations. Ideally it should be more chargers at many locations but athers route might be better because they have relations with more businesses now because of setting up single chargers. I feel, it’s not a bad thing to have 4 chargers in a 2 Km radius all at diff businesses rather than 4 chargers at one site/one business They can scale whenever they want by adding another charger. This way Ather gets more reach first they can later add for demand. In hero’s case. It’s only at malls and bigger establishments. So more chargers at fewer locations. Considering we can use them as well. For us it’s a win win :man_shrugging:t4:

But I hope intercity locations get at least 2-3 chargers. Other wise at least multiple locations with single chargers as they’ve done on the Mumbai Pune highway.

2 Likes

Hi

I tried to use Vida for my bike. It didn’t work anywhere. What should I do.

It only shows initialisation.

Did it work for u

1 Like

Not all Vida grids are activated to charge, They will do once Vida starts delivering their scooters, don’t worry Vida and Ather uses the same CANBUS com for charging so it will be 100% compatible.

2 Likes

suzuki toyota Ather vida

Elders,please move this post to the funny side :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

What I got to know is Vida has done a tie up with HP and BP to install chargers at all there dealers petrol bunks. Since they have lot of cash flow they can get into this larger network compared to Ather. Since they have a large investment in Ather I guess this is a strategy they both are using to expand there market. If others also comply with this it’s a cost saving in terms of setting up charging stations. Like all electric cars use CC2 port for charging, Ola, TVS, and Simple one users different connector.

1 Like

Ola has a tie up with BP too almost all Ola hyper chargers are at BP petrol bunks.

I see a large number of Vida charging stations installed especially in bengaluru (Since I am from there, don’t know about other cities).

I am finding these at all the malls.

It is very much beneficial for both Ather and Vida users (charges will be applicable very soon I guess). Vida’s deployment is quick due to cash flow and also the fact it is using Ather’s technology they have these readily available internal design. Only exterior is a change.

4 Likes

So you have been able to charge at Vida Chargers with your Ather ?

I also took test ride of Vida before picking up Ather. I liked the scooter overall. Two batteries help in removing range anxiety and makes charging easier. Got few additional features compared to Ather. But I went for Ather for its looks and features. Vida dont have map on dashboard :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Are you sure it does not have maps?

The specs show it has Turn-By-Turn navigation which means it should have maps. Maybe it will come in future updates.

1 Like

Do check out latest pradeep on wheels on youtube about vida review about over heating n failed bms issues similar like ola

3 Likes