Help convince our apartment association

I will guide you.
I will share the most important points specified by central government on charging infrastructure in apartments…
No one can deny you…
I just found the documents 2 hours earlier

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://mohua.gov.in/upload/whatsnew/5c6e472b20d0aGuidelines%20(EVCI).pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjb5PPa7ormAhV3xzgGHVLFCrQQFjAEegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw2fwe5tyandcm-Gl-WKNRmh

For Karnataka, there are already order in place for provision to be provided in apartments

3 Likes

Follow this thread.

1 Like

2 Likes

Try using these to make your case?

If not, you can ask them to provide common charging points for EVs, and it’ll be easy to charge with the portable charger.

2 Likes

@nithilane
Thank you for sharing the documents. This helps a lot.

2 Likes

Bad to say my Ather dot not installed due to home owner problem,.
after,
all conversation and request he did not aggreed to install Dot …
Dot installation people went return , and installation fees 1800/- rs will be refunding me (3 to 5 days)

Assurance received from Ather customer support to arranging Portable charger while vehicle delivery time…

1 Like

Ohhh very sad to hear about this. I think u need to sit n talk to him calmly and as I think u live in a rented space I think u should show him the govt policy thing on installing it in an apartment I guess there is a separate thread also for it. Try convincing him like tell him whenever you vacate the house you will take care of the expenses in refinishing where they have drilled for the dot and if u choose ather one also you will get the refund also. I know people are stubborn sometimes but make an effort who knows you may succeed in it.

2 Likes

If this is the porblem, you can go for a stand for your charger. @bharath5408

3 Likes

Why do they even do that !!!
What’s the problem for them for installing Ather dot ?

1 Like

I tried lot even Dot installation people also tried to convince the owner but he is not agreed to install the Dot .
But he was given permission to use portable charger…

Thanks for feedback ,about stand…

For stand also have to do wireing ,
Owner refused to wireing itself …

The last option is hope u have a grid fast charging station near ure home.

No near to me …
I have to adjust with portable charger

Hey I got my dot installation today and here is the pic of it

They dint have the need of plugging it into the electricity meter instead to a 15A plug. Now if u are plugging a portable charger too u need a 5A plug or else if u have a 15A plug it’s just the matter of 4 to 5 holes in the wall and dot can be installed. And if u dont want holes in the wall also I think there’s a provision for stand I dont know much about it but What I tell is that if u can plz show this pic and try convincing ure owner. And before that confirm if this can be done at ure place.

3 Likes

Bharath - Did you get a portable charger from Ather when you took the vehicle?

I received…
But,
I lose 5000k…
Bcoz I took portable charger instead of Dot

1 Like

Didn’t you get the portable charger for free?

same situation… even I paid 5k to get the charger as we couldn’t install Dot in my apartment. Taking my Ather home tomorrow :slight_smile:

I got free portable charger instead of Dot …
But,
Dot cost is around 10k
Portable charger cost is around 5k

Scooter Delivery time I asked to ather team ,
Give me Dot as free of cost only and I will be pay to portable charger amount separately…

But he is not agreed because instead of DOT we r raised invoice for portable charger .
And we r not able to change invoice …
So, if u want Dot now then u have to pay around 10k with GST …

Very Sadly taken scooter delivery on that day…
With loss of 5k

R u received DOT also …??

@nithilane Any luck with getting your charger installed?