Help convince our apartment association

Congrats :slight_smile: At least you got that. I just convinced my builder to allow me to access the meter. Now, the association is worried of short circuits. Trying to convince them that the wires are no different from any other wire in the basement. Letā€™s see!

1 Like

Our apartment has finally agreed to consider charging pods as a solution to accomodate EVs. We are planning to evaluate charging solutions. We have about 250 apartments. One of the solutions I know is chargegrid from Magenta group. Does anyone here know any other solutions? Has anyone got something similar in your house/apartment?

1 Like

No. I didnā€™t receive Dot. I have got only portable charger

Good work broā€¦ :+1:

Hello All, I have ordered my Ather 450 last week. The payment window for the same opened long back. I am living in an Apartment complex currently and the association at my apartment are having apprehensions regarding the installation of the charging point. The association are having having apprehensions giving me permission for drawing the line from my meter to my designated parking area as there are some high pressure water lines running in the basement. Has anyone faced a similar issue here? If someone can help me get some clarity for the same, would be of great help. Am waiting to own my Ather soon.

Moved your post to the right topicā€¦

What does the high pressure water lines got to do with an electric line to your charger? The wire drawn from your meter will be inside an electric conduit. Itā€™ll in no way touch the hydraulic pipes.

If itā€™s a big apartment, there will be usually crates for electric lines to go to the homes from the meters in the basement. In such cases the Ather dot sill make use of those crates for routing. In the absence of the crates, the conduit will be routed along the roofs and walls of the basement.

The Ather electrical installation team do a thorough professional job and it will in no way affect anything else. In a span of 2 hours people wonā€™t even know that there was aome work done :slight_smile:

Read through this topic and youā€™ll get some good information. Also you can show pictures of installation (search the forum and youā€™ll get many). If you are the owner and not a tenant in the apartment, it should be all the more easy

How far is your parking spot from the main meter box?

Are these pipes for the fire control system? How are these pipes routed through?.. Wall, Ceiling or Floor?

2 Likes

I am an owner itself. Thanks for giving such an extensive reply.

My parking spot is around 10-15 meters from the main meter box.

The water lines I was talking about are routed in the ceiling, not exactly in the ceiling. Thereā€™s some gap between the ceiling and the water pipes.

Ensure your electrical conduit does not cross over the water pipes and you have a circuit breaker at the meter box to isolate your mains from any short that may occur on the charging pod wiring.

1 Like

Hi Bro, Use the below link to access relevant documents which might be required just in case.

The folder includes documents

1. ARAI testing of EVs
  2. ATHER DOT manual
  3. Central government EV guidelines
  4. Tamil Nadu EV policy
  5. General Charging Point Installation doc
  6. General information and questions & answers
7 Likes

Hello All, Thanks for all the data that you guys have shared. Even on showing these documents to my apartment association, they still are denying me permission to set up a private charging point. They are telling me that a common charging point would make more sense. But, that would take them a long time to install and set up. But, I need the vehicle urgently and trying to push for permission for a private charging setup. Did any of you face the similar heat and if so, how are you guys managing?

Common charging point makes sense only when you have a portable charger. The Dot is looked to your Ather alone and will not charge any other. So there is one more point to ask the management through that it is a private charging point and you have no way to share it with others not can you place it permanently at a common charging point.

Wish you good luck!

Hey, I understand that. :slight_smile: But, the apartment association wants to set up a charging point from some vendor. I have shown them a lot of docs and still havenā€™t got the green signal from them yet.

1 Like

What is their objection to your request? Do they have specific points due to which they denied your request?

1 Like

They are of the opinion that if a lot of folks at my apartment get EVā€™s, it will be very hard for them to manage the individual connections. So, theyā€™re very concerned about that.

This is exactly what Iā€™m expecting my building committee to come back with too. Although, Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s gonna be almost no one who would buy a scooter worth 1.6L in my building. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Just for the sake of being against an individual installing something in common area, is what they wouldnā€™t wanna let happen. The excuse of everyone installing in future is super lame, cause thatā€™s realistically not gonna happen. Iā€™m just hoping Iā€™ll talk to the most logical member on the committee first, explain him how and what the charging point is, and let me install it without much objection. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No specific bike park slot is definitely a pain. Maybe convince for a makeshift space till they come up with some common infrastructure for charging, which also youā€™ll have to convince, by the way?

Iā€™m okay to just be allowed to park and charge the scooter, by installing the Dot charger charger close to the meter box, and then moving it back to any alloted parking spot in the premises. I just think it makes sense for the charger to be situated close to meter box, and some space to park and charge temporary hours. Isnā€™t a lot to ask for, I suppose.

1 Like

I have a dedicated parking spot. Even then, theyā€™re giving me a tough time.

1 Like