Helmet Size not being provided by Ather / BU Bhandari Pune

Just bought the Ather 450x Series 1 last week from BU Bhandari in Pune.

When I went for Delivery they were giving me the Free Helmet. Unfortunately the size was L and was too loose for my head.

So I asked them to provide a Size M to me. They said Ather just has standard size Helmets and Size Options are not available.

Hence I refused to accept the Helmet till the correct size is made available to me.

I wrote to Ather and they asked me to contact the Dealer. It looks like No One wants to take ownership of the issue and just want to play Ping Pong and Push the issue on the other person.

Either both Ather and the dealership are NOT AWARE of the importance of Sizes and proper fitting in Helmets, OR then Ather probably doesn’t care about the actual safety of its riders and wants to pass off the helmets just for marketing purpose or to fulfil the obligatory government requirements for 2 wheeler sales.

It seems other buyers in Pune were also forced to take the wrong size Helmets.

Would appreciate if someone can provide some light on this. Did you guys get a size option or was it “Standard Size” as mentioned to me.

28 Likes

Is ather providing helmet at the time of delivery at all location? @abhishek.balaji please confirm…

1 Like

Not all locations, only selected locations. In chennai they are providing it.

5 Likes

I suppose there is a per-state rule of sorts of the dealer should provide helmet or not.

3 Likes

Me too had no intimation about size and full face or half face. Dealers says it’s CC work to confirm the details while confirming delivery date.

1 Like

Will check and get back on this, have raised this to the team for a response.

1 Like

Hi Abhishek

About a week on this.

Any update??

After all it’s just a Helmet

1 Like

I am from Chennai, here helmet is provided. Over the phone when I asked for helmet color, they said it will match the color of my vehicle. My vehicle color space gray. But they provided me white color, it looks like wrong info on the phone, because they do only white colour it seems.

While delivery they asked for full face or half face option. I went for full face. L size provided was very tight for me. Then they checked stock and provided XL for me immediately. It’s fitting well.

One of the BEST helmet I ever used. Very easy to put the strap and very comfortable. :clap::clap::+1:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ather In Goa/Panjim

Have they stopped giving portable charges with new ather 450X? B U Bhandari Pune told me that we are facing some issues so go for DOT charger & we can not give portable charger

5 Likes

Inverse with the Goa dealer. Don’t know whats up.

4 Likes

Lucky You, I was told Ather does not Provide any Free Helmet (in Goa) and I had to pay â‚ą1600 to buy L size helmet from My Ather 450X . I had no option, as I did not carry Spare helmet. I am not even sure if Ather Dealership should provide Helmet to its buyers or they need to pay for the same?

1 Like

If ex showroom prices are compared, panji vs Pune, Pune price is higher by Rs 1797. So, that cost is kind of built in. Nothing is really free🙂

Ex-Showroom prices are different in different cities, has nothing to do with Helmet pricing. From what I understand, its compulsory to give Helmet in a certain states, hence the difference.

2 Likes

Then what makes difference in ex showroom price?

1 Like

From what I read on the internet, : “One of the reasons for the ex-showroom price of cars varying by **up to 5% of the cost of the car across different cities, even within the same state is obviously related to transport and logistics.”

Also,

This is pre gst post not valid anymore. Logistics cost will be a factor. But, checked activa and Jupiter ex showroom prices in Pune vs Panaji. These are lesser in Pune than Panaji. I don’t know whether they (honda, TVS) provide helmet with vehicle in Goa.Not sure why Ather is having higher ex showroom in Pune then. I checked my ather invoice jan21. Helmet cost mentioned as 1194 and same amount as discount. So, still remains mistery.

1 Like

There was no helmet given to me when I bought 450x and I bought last week in Bangalore

Bengaluru doesn’t have a rule to give out helmets.

Where can I buy similar white helmet to match the one provided by Ather? The rep told me that it is Mavox helmet but I can’t find that similar model.

1 Like