Helmet Size not being provided by Ather / BU Bhandari Pune

I thought it’s Studds. I saw studds boxes and many helmet boxes at EC spares stock.

2 Likes

Dont know about size, neither they have asked for the same, but helmet is still not available at BU Bhandari showroom. They only took signature against a long list with “helmet pending” remark.

1 Like

Hi Abhishek, I bought my Ather 450x almost 2 months back from your Trivandrum, Kerala dealership. Till date they have not provided the helmet to me. Every time I ask they says they have not got the Helmet from Ather. Is that true. Please help. My Details are given below Order ID - 211867 Customer ID - 486948 Inv# VSI409538220186

1 Like

Hi Sreejith, We have shared your concern with our team. Spare us a day or two we will get back to you with an update.

2 Likes

Any update on this please? I recently purchased 450X from Madurai dealership and they are only providing L size by default. They are saying only L size is being manufactured.

No update, it’s a free helmet; They will only provide a single standard size to keep the costs low. It already meets the legal requirements so there won’t be any updates on this.

1 Like

Me too same problem in palakkad dealership…

Similar thing happened to me here in Delhi Lajpat Nagar center, despite ready to pay for full face they said M size not available and would not come in near future, you have to take L only, which is very loose for me, any one please suggest, thanks.

Hi abhishek, I am also facing same issue in Ather Nagpur, they say they dont have M size available and I have to take L size or leave it which is a very loose fit for me.

Can you please give us a resolution.

Are they giving the official Ather helmet at the BU Bhandari showroom in Pune? The 3k one which is listed on the accessories page? Also, do we have an option to choose the color ? I plan to buy one after tmrws event

Nope…The default helmet provided with the vehicle is the white one which is standard for everyone in India…But if you need the perfect color, you need to buy it seperately…It’s clearly mentioned in the website that helmet is an accessory…

Any update on this? I’m still facing the same issue even now

I didn’t receive any helmet during my purchase of Ather 450 X gen 3.1. Purchase date was Jan 8, 2023. Am I supposed to get a helmet with the purchase?

2 Likes

Bought myself another Ather, Gen3.1 two weeks ago from the PCMC EC, and nope, no helmet along with the scooter. So, apparently there’s no mandate of giving helmet with the scooter in Pune, hence the dealership does not give it away for FREE, but you can buy it for an additional fee. It was a bit of letdown knowing that in Mumbai, you do get 1 (Someone told me now they give you two helmets, as its compulsory for both rider and pillion to wear helmets) along with your scooter.

So, to sum up, the free helmet along with scooter is at the discretion of the city/state you’re in, and what the mandate there is regarding the helmet.

2 Likes

Glad you mentioned this because if my helmet is a L size and I would like to get one that fits my head. Didn’t think that one could request a smaller size. Thanks for this heads up.

Edited to Add Spoke to the Showroom Manager on 22-3-2023 WED who very kindly explained that this is an ongoing request even at the showroom to provide smaller sizes.

So @ather450x287 please do provide those of us who are on the smaller height range a S and/or M option as it is a huge safety issue to have a floating helmet. Thank you for your due consideration :pray:

2 Likes

I got my Ather a month ago from Cochin and I am still waiting for the correct size helmet. They have promised to provide it by the end of the month. The importance of correct helmet size should be understood by Ather and should make necessary provisions.

1 Like

Bought Ather 450x Jan 23 in Tambaram showroom . They provided me half helmet and I requested for a full helmet… simply said this is what they are providing along with the scooter as a “compliment”. When I enquired, I have to pay additional Rs.1950 if I return back half and take the full helmet… now the half helmet is sleeping in my house. Btw they have white is the only colour option available… no color changes are entertained… My question Do we get to choose half / full helmet during booking period?

You get tha half face white helmet as standard in places where helmet is mandatory. You can get the other colours or full face one by paying extra.

2 Likes

Needs clarity, @abhishek.balaji I have seen the Nungambakkam showroom giving full-size Helmet as Mandatory or as per user request. But looks like the dealership is pushing its way out to cheaper options.

That is true… i would be happy to pay if they ask the diff amount of half with full helmet. But simply asking me to pay Rs.1950 is not right… with that amount we have plenty of options outside the showroom… secondly the color option… atleast they can match the scooter colour helmet as “complement”

1 Like