HALO helmet is crazy EXPENSIVE!

Anyone else here feel that the full face Ather Halo helmet is extremely expensive? I feel that a starting price of 13K, later 15k is going to be a bummer for many like me who were planning to get one.

Don’t get me wrong, it is truly an amazingly engineered product but the fact that it is priced so steep, in my opinion i don’t think people will buy it.

In the end of the keynote i saw Tarun say that the ones present at the community day will receive the product at a 50% discount which is Rs. 6500. Which clearly means their making cost is way lower than Rs. 6500 maybe somewhere around the 2500-3000 range or lower. Honestly, i personally feel this product should have been priced at Rs.8000 or 7999 (marketing number) That would have been an attractive price. I think they should have an introductory offer Rs. 7999 to really get first adopters on board.

Also, is this helmet just compatible with the switchgear scooters or is it backward compaitble with Gen 3, Gen 2 etc. ?

12 Likes

Also, does the ChitChat work like other communication devices like Sena or ASG?

2 Likes

It should be working independent of the scooter. At the event, they mentioned that it Connects to the phone not the scooter.

6 Likes

Ooo interesting. Should work with my Gen 3.1. But will still wait for a price drop. I don’t find it worth 13K

6 Likes

No. According to the person giving the demo, it works only if the pair of Halo’s or the Halo bit is connected to the same phone.

5 Likes

Probably something with new OTA or Halo 2. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I don’t expect it to be seamless. Bluetooth connections especially audio are really buggy most of the times. The only time I have Bluetooth working reliably on any device is a Dell Bluetooth mouse!

6 Likes

Do people who attended the community evenrnt get it at 50 per cent off!!!?

It i missed this today. How can one claim this offer?

2 Likes

I think the offer was for the ones who attended the event

2 Likes

It’s first gen over the next 5 years it should be around 6,000rs mark

1 Like

Also it’s common for companies to give free stuff or discounts on product launch day. I remember OnePlus gave free Earbuds for people joining the event they costed 3000. Please don’t calculate making cost. In that way the Coca-Cola you drink for 40rs has a making cost of .25 Paisa.

2 Likes

Due to wirless tech and Harman speaker are crazy expensive believe me I own jbl and yet don’t have aux in it it cost me around ₹2,500

3 Likes

When they had called customers for Halo demo in Nov 2023 they had wireless charging for helmet even in Gen 3 now it’s ritza only which is disappointing. They could have priced it less since they would began mass manufacturing it.

8 Likes

My 5000 rupees smart helmet does everything and works with any kind of vehicle even a cycle. The speaker quality might be better in halo, but how do you pick up a call, change songs, etc… when driving a non-Ather vehicle.

3 Likes

Send the link

2 Likes

I can not post link yet now. The company is headfox

2 Likes

https://www.flipkart.com/headfox-smart-bluetooth-n2-voice-asst-calls-gps-waterproof-music-road-dv-motorbike-helmet/p/itm9d05f83c7b083?pid=HLMGTT8H2EY9KVGE&lid=LSTHLMGTT8H2EY9KVGEZSQEML&marketplace=FLIPKART&q=headfox&store=1mt%2Fztf%2Fiv8%2Ftih&srno=s_1_13&otracker=search&otracker1=search&fm=organic&iid=a087ea91-7b4c-4f30-aa4d-fbc5529cc010.HLMGTT8H2EY9KVGE.SEARCH&ppt=hp&ppn=homepage&ssid=5sti4hj1m7kq19fk1712425523225&qH=5e0c620f0ef4672e

This is the Helmet he is talking about people. Any reviews on this? Sound quality, fit, noise cancellation etc. ? The reviews on the link are pretty good though

2 Likes

Not dot certified and it looks shady, beats the purpose of buying a expensive helmet in the first place, probably better off just using your airpods with the helmet that came with your Ather.

4 Likes

Anyone got the link for the 50% off for the halo helmet. I never got any even after attending the event today.

3 Likes

Link has now expired

2 Likes